Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblelongbong
throwing up
    #328003 - 05/28/01 04:01 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Is ther a particular reason why shrooms make you throw up. Does food/beer make a difference?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePotSmokinHippie
Pothead

Loc: New york
Re: throwing up [Re: longbong]
    #328009 - 05/28/01 04:10 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well, shrooms don't always make you throw up, well, maybe some people, but not most. There are two main reasons. One I've read is that when your body converts the psilocybin into psilocin it causes some gastrointestinal distress. The other one is that sometimes people have bad reactions to some of the other fungi that grow along with the shrooms. In both cases eating something lightly before or during the begenning of the trip usually gets rid of any chance for vomit.

Man, if it weren't for that can we found, life around here would be really pathetic.

--------------------
"assumption is the mother of all fuckup" - me

Invisiblelongbong
Re: throwing up [Re: PotSmokinHippie]
    #328018 - 05/28/01 04:16 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well.....AF had 1/8 of shrooms the other day and hasn't had much of a problem before but this time had a few beers first and a reasonable amount of food. Also chocolate with the shrooms to help eat them. Maybe it was the beer - anyone else had this?

OfflineEntheonaut
"New andImproved !!
Loc: Lost in cyberspace..
    #328081 - 05/28/01 05:33 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

For years, A particular friend would never get nauseas (sp.?) from mushrooms. Didn't matter if he had a full or empty stomach or alcohol either, before or during the trip.

Lately however, this friend has been experiencing this ill feeling usually within the first 45 minutes, always fades away and is soon forgotten though. Mushroom tea seems to bring on this bad feeling more often than consuming them 'whole'. Although this friend does not regularly smoke pot, a few tokes off the old pipe always puts his stomach at ease - truly the best solution for him. He also finds that a full stomach usually offsets the nausea.

Entheonaut

"Life is my Religion, The World is my Church" - Entheonaut

--------------------
Entheonaut

"Life is my Religion, The World is my Church" - Entheonaut

OfflinesHemp13
old hand
    #328322 - 05/28/01 10:12 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

The thing that bugs me is that I basically *forget* all sub-standard human motor functions while tripping hard. Thus = whenever I get sick on shrooms no matter how hard I try to puke, I can't. It's not dryheaving, it's just that I have no idea how to throw up, the whole act seems foriegn to me...thus = giving me horrible vomit-ish cramps the rest of the night. Sounds harmless but when tripping hard it can seem like your dying.. anyone else experience this?

I also had something similar like this happen, though it had to do with urinating...heh ill leave out the details...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract