Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Help making SVCDs
    #3243008 -

I have a bunch of avi and mgeg files that I want to be able to watch on my DVD player(in SVCD), but im not too sure the best way to do this. I read a few things at www.videohelp.com, but theres so much shit theres its confusing. I have Cucusoft's AVI to VCD DVD SVCD, VCDEasy, and a AVI/MGEP file splitter. Will those programs be able to do what im looking for?


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help making SVCDs [Re: barfightlard]
    #3243170 -

Id recommend tmpeg to turn AVI files into mpeg1 (vcd) mpeg2(svcd). http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/index.html

If you already have an mpeg1 file, well you can try and rencode it to an mpeg2 format but lots of time you will have trouble with audio desynching. Once somthnig is in mpeg format its kind of hard to edit. If its already in mpeg1 just burn it as a vcd dont mess with rencoding. Ocassionally ill download an avi file tmpeg will not be able to turn into an mpeg for whatever reason. I let nero's encode it there... more on nero.

Using nero and selecting vcd or svcd you can dump and avi or mpeg file into it and it will rencode it to svcd or vcd for you before you burn. This works fine especially if u wanna just rencode/burn one thing. Tmpeg is nice cuz you can cue up like 20 avis at once to rencode to mpeg1 or 2.

Fuck messing with vcd easy. Just use nero. Im really high right now so this is kind of jumble. Once you have the mpeg1 or mpeg2 file you can just use nero's vcd or svcd maker to burn it and it wont want to rencode it if its already in mpeg1 or 2. VCD easy just makes a bin cue for you i think, which is unecessary since nero can do this for you with skipping a step.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (10/11/04 01:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help making SVCDs [Re: baraka]
    #3243179 -

edit:

If you are trying to split avi files use Virtual Dub. If you are trying to split mpeg(good luck) vdub can try to do it as well as tmpeg can try and do it under mpeg tools. (tmpeg can only really chop up an mpeg if its one it encoded). Mpeg is kind of an end format. Hard to edit once there.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help making SVCDs [Re: baraka]
    #3243275 -

I'll give that a try.

thanks alot!


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help making SVCDs [Re: barfightlard]
    #3244434 -

I was getting confused by everything I was reading at videohelp.com. Then I saw that nero had an option for burning VCDs and SVCDs, so I tried that and it worked perfectly. It was very easy too. Nero encoded files that weren't in the proper format into the proper format.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help making SVCDs [Re: abhi]
    #3245735 -

Yep nero works good, its just a pain to have it rencode one disk at a time. If you turn your avi's into mpeg2 svcd or mpeg1 vcd format nero will not have to rencode and will just burn the disk taking about 2-3 min per disk if you have a 48x burner. If ya have any questions about tmpeg pm me or whatever.... it can look kinda intimidating but most settings can be left as default.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* converting mpeg to dvd THEDANGLER 837 5 03/10/05 02:06 PM
by baraka
* . z_x_x_z 622 4 10/31/05 08:40 AM
by kotik
* mpeg-2 to mpeg-4 conversion? Twirling 899 8 03/22/05 10:06 PM
by fufungi
* How do I Rip individual JPEG/GIF Clips from an MPEG or AVI PsillyNilly 1,366 10 04/24/05 02:58 PM
by OJK
* Why does my PC freeze when I try to watch mpegs? Jeebies 907 8 08/20/07 04:26 AM
by washounce
* MPEG or AVI ==> DVD or Video CD ... any free software? Jdawg2013 883 6 10/30/04 07:11 AM
by Learyfan
* video clip file to mpeg KoOs 1,889 0 01/17/05 03:50 PM
by KoOs
* My digital camera makes blurry pics T0aD 736 3 01/19/03 09:11 AM
by T0aD

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, automan, Northerner
729 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 18 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.