Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Kava Kava, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Bioassay: Voacanga, Splendens, Dioscorea, & Mandrake.
    #3113993 - 09/09/04 04:04 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thought I would share some experience reports. If you have your own with any of these or other odd/rare substances (plant based ) please share in this thread.

Voacanga africana

1 gram of Voacanga Seed powder was ingested orally using the parachute method. The powder was wrapped in a small piece of kleenex and swallowed. Within 30 minutes a noticable shift in brain activity occured. I can describe the experience as mild but cognitive enhancing. I feel as though I am much more wise and their is more activity in the brain.

"0" sized capsules where filled with finely powdered voacanga seed powder. Two capsules where ingested on an empty stomach early in the morning. Once again that cognitive enhancing feeling was noticable. Two days later, to avoid any tolerance, three pills where eatin under the same circumstances. Eyes feel very heavy and I'm experiencing that 'pineal' feeling. Effects come on within about 30 minutes and last several hours. I feel as though my ability to focus on a single task is improved greatly. I believe I have a good enough feel for the seed that I could increase the dosage by at least twice as much. Next time I will try five or six capsules

Human Bioassay of Salvia Splendens

The following was done with the variety Scarlet Red of Salvia Splendens.
Subject A smoked one bowl of dried salvia splendens leaf. The smoke was very similar to the taste of divinorum but much more 'cool' feeling. Large quantities of the smoke where held in the lungs with ease. After a few tokes, minor heady effects where appearant.
Subject A held three fresh leaves in the mouth for thirty minutes and experienced a mood enhancing effect.
Subject A found the combination of 50% Divinorum 50% Splendens dried leaf smoked to be a potent combination. The splendens enhanced the effects of the divinorum greatly. Usually subject A would not experience much, if any, effect from plain sally D leaf, but with the addition of splendens the effects were increased.
Subject B smoked one bowl of dried salvia splendens leaf and recieved very little if any effects other than placebo.
Subject C found Splendens to increase the effect of marijuana. C smoked 3 small leaves and experienced a sedative high accompanied with feelings of happiness and the inability to stop smiling.

Dioscorea dregeana

Dioscorea dregeana is also called Udakwa and Isidakwa by the Zulu people. As with most of my bioassays, lack of information on this substance gave me the desire to experiment with it. I have been told that this plant was rather popular in latin America primarily among truckers who would use related plants in their fresh state.

28 grams of dried Dioscorea dregeana tubers were powdered and added to 500ml of spring water. The water was heated and boiled down to roughly 100ml of water. The water was filtered and collected. Approximatelly 10ml of the liquid was imbibed. An immediate gag reflex triggered. A burning rough sensation in the back of my throat occured. This is a very strong drink indeed. Just a shot is needed and I couldn't imagine ingesting more.

5 minutes: I felt minor stomach discomfort and slight vertigo.

10 minutes: A spaced out dizzy, drowsy, and confused state of mind with difficulty focusing eyes.

20 minutes: A floaty, throbby, cloudy, buzzy feeling. Relaxing and smooth but still with a force behind the push. Not at all a brute yet still inspiring enough to stir up dreamy thoughts and pleasent feelings.As I lay, I felt as though I was walking amongst clouds. I could visualize this in my mind and feel the sensations in my body

45 minutes: A strong narcotic and drunken feeling began. Cloudiness of the mind. Eyes began to feal heavy. Stomach still a bit discomforted. Desire to sleep. It would be a very bad idea to drive under the influence of this plant. The feeling and pressures in the head resemble alcohol. It would be easy to fall asleep right now. Very intoxicating. Little body load.

60 minutes: Very strong intoxication feeling but nearly clear state of mind. Difficult to focus and function. Capable of talking coherently but would rather not move.

90 minutes: Over powering Effects began to subside. pleasent euphoric and relaxing effects linger. Still very strong but not too much to handle.

120 minutes: Effects still present but fading significantly.

I tried hard not to fall asleep so that I could properly evaluate the experience but By this time I am satisfied with the experiment. I appreciate the subtle effects more so than the strong intoxicating effect.
This plant has proved to be very powerfull indeed and I would strongly recommend against ingesting a large amount. 10ml of this decoction is a very strong dose. Since little is known about its chemistry I would recommend against combining this with other substances or herbs.

The next day I woke up from the best sleep I have had in ages. I felt refreshed and energized.

The overall experience was Worth repeating. The only negative side effects I noticed was the stomach discomfort and dry feeling in my throat that was present throughout the entire experience. I assume that Udakwa would be interesting in a social setting. It seems as though addiction could be a possibility.

Erotic Dementia: The dream world as induce by Mandragora

A tincture of 100 grams dried and powdered Mandragora officinarum was made using ethanol. The reports I've read about high doses of mandrake causing very strong reactions inspired me to keep the dose low. Roughly one half dropper full of this potent liquid was placed under the tongue and remained there for approximately 30 seconds before swallowing. The taste resembled dirt but the alcohol numbed my mouth so it was bearable. Within one hour I immediately fell asleep. Throughout the night I kept waking to find myself in another place. As though I have traveled to a distant land. I could almost describe it as lucid dreaming but it was obvious my mind was not in its proper waking state. Its difficult to recall all of what had happened that night but it was definitely mysterious. The dreams where extremely erotic and very frightening at the same time. I could swear that I was awake during all of this. I remember tossing about violently staring out over great distances. Psychotic mantras repeating and echoing throughout my mind. Was I awake? My eyes were open but I was asleep. Erotic Dementia. Distant Travel. This experience is worth repeating. Possibly taking a larger amount of this potent liquid. Take care not to ingest too much or you may end up never returning from the dream world induced by Mandragora.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Bioassay: Voacanga, Splendens, Dioscorea, & Mandrake. [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3114448 - 09/09/04 05:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Wow! super report, Aneglakya. I love reports like this especially on stuff I haven't tried yet. So many reports are muddled because they also took other drugs or plants so you don't know what did what. The v africana sounds interesting. I haven't tried it yet though I've had the seeds for a couple years. I keep saving them to grow though most don't sprout. The splendens report sounds like most reports on that herb. Some people get some effects but nothing major and some people get nothing. Where would one get d dregeana? I never even heard of this one before. Does it have other names? A smaller dose might be like kava kava. The mandragora also sounds interesting. Too bad you weren't able to stay awake on it. About what portion of the 100gm did you ingest? I'd like to hear a waking report on it before I would consider trying it. Did you have effects the next morning? Are you going to try it again?

Stoney

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #3115076 - 09/09/04 07:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Have you ever tried making the Mandrake beer?

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Bioassay: Voacanga, Splendens, Dioscorea, & Mandrake [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3115786 - 09/09/04 10:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

cool post enth!

FH

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Bioassay: Voacanga, Splendens, Dioscorea, & Mandrake [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3115857 - 09/09/04 10:46 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

damn cool. did you notice any long term side effects from mandrake?

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: Bioassay: Voacanga, Splendens, Dioscorea, & Mandrake [Re: felixhigh]
    #3116396 - 09/10/04 12:40 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Mandrake beer is pretty nice but it's a very effective laxative if you don't make it right.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Corydalis Cava [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3121532 - 09/11/04 09:13 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Corydalis Cava is a plant whose rootsand propably leaves contain bulbocapnine,an alkaloid said to be psychoactive.It is reputed to be a "dopamine blocker" ,some info can be found here http://sun.ars-grin.gov:8080/npgspub/xsql/duke/chemdisp.xsql?chemical=BULBOCAPNINE

I tried making tinctures of 50 grams dried material boiled thrice in ethyl alcohol (lab grade,absolute).The final volume of the tincure was 10 ml and i proceeded to test it in increments of 1 ml .

THe effects were generally relaxing and at the highest dosage of 4 ml some stupor was observed and some short term memory loss.It reminded alcohol intoxication but had extra calmative properties not found with alcohol use such as a very pleasant stillness of mind.Each experiment was 5 days apart from the previous and the tincture was placed under the tonque sometimes with the supplement of 2-3 ml of water to be more bareable.THe tincure was allowed to be absorber for roughly 15 minutes. Sorry for providing no more details but the experiment took place 3-4 years ago and i tried to find my note to no avail.

Keep in mind that Corydalis Cava contains other alkaloids as well propably contributing to its pharmacological action ,but bulbocapnine is the major one....

Well,that info was just an apettizer!

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
    #3121712 - 09/11/04 11:18 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hey aneglakya,did you weigh the voacanga seed powder you put in the 2 capsules? i've smoked mandrake but never made a tincture with it .i try to stay away from atropine and scoplamine.that bitch (datura)beat my ass one night and got me arrested the next day.peace

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Re: Bioassay: Voacanga, Splendens, Dioscorea, & Mand [Re: skullfarmer1979]
    #3122051 - 09/11/04 01:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

heh...
you blame datura for getting arrested?

FH

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Re: Bioassay: Voacanga, Splendens, Dioscorea, & Mand [Re: felixhigh]
    #3123196 - 09/11/04 08:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

when your outside at 12 noon ,naked and covered in blood and dont remember, you blame datura.

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: Bioassay: Voacanga, Splendens, Dioscorea, & Mand [Re: skullfarmer1979]
    #3125493 - 09/12/04 11:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

skullfarmer1979 said:
when your outside at 12 noon ,naked and covered in blood and dont remember, you blame

Yourself.The online anthology is huge and one can read story upon story on this plant and get educated.

Some questions for you:

1) Did you have a tripsitter staying with you for the whole duration?
2)Did you read all you could about datura online,especially experiences?
3)What were your motives of using this plant? (Not its not weed,nor a cheap high)

THe argument of blaming "the drugs" is pretty old and its getting tiring to hear about it.Everyone blames the drug,noone blames himself or at least admit his /her faulty methods. I know,blaming a plant is saffer than blaming a mute person or a retarder one: Those people can still sue you somehow.The Plant cannot sue you or take you to court for discrediting its name.

Even if its easier to blame the plant please dont. Most of substance criminalization came from cases of people who did not hesitate to blame to plant but never blamed their abuse/misuse.

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Re: Bioassay: Voacanga, Splendens, Dioscorea, & Mand [Re: Psiloman]
    #3125515 - 09/12/04 11:38 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup:

If you took the datura, it's your fault 100%.

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Re: Bioassay: Voacanga, Splendens, Dioscorea, & Mand [Re: Psiloman]
    #3129464 - 09/13/04 02:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

no. i didn't have a computer at the time so i didn't read all the horror stories on erowid.no. i didn't have a sitter.my motives were to see into the future like the many shamans i had read about in my books.and i did see into the future.ok,you broke me,it was all my fault. the only way i would eat datura again is if i was strapped in a straight jacket,and chained to tree in the middle of a huge field.
  dont worry,i didnt blame the plant when the cops asked me what i was on. i was so fucked up i told them i was rollin & at the time i really thought that.after all that happend to me i can still laugh about all my neighbors seeing my junk. :lol:

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Re: Bioassay: Voacanga, Splendens, Dioscorea, &a [Re: skullfarmer1979]
    #3129864 - 09/13/04 03:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

funny story!
you could submit your report on detail to erowid!

FH

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Re: Bioassay: Voacanga, Splendens, Dioscorea, &a [Re: felixhigh]
    #3130562 - 09/13/04 07:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

thier all the same there .sombody eats datura,falls down,gets naked,goes outside,does the stupidist shit ever and then gets locked up! :rolleyes:they do have that one article where this poor guy cuts off his tounge and dick :eek:

--------------------

OfflinePsiloman
Male
    #3133371 - 09/14/04 09:17 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well ,my intent of posting was not to brake you.It was to exhibit the correct mentality and approach that follows inseperably this plants.Have you noticed some common motives in all these horror experiences?

With your admiting the mistake your phrase "when your outside at 12 noon ,naked and covered in blood and dont remember, you blame datura. "

Can be formulated as "when your outside at 12 noon ,naked and covered in blood and dont remember, you blame yourself for having taken a powerfull plant with no tripsitter,no real reading apart from some books on shamanism who got you all excited and of course in trouble..."

THis is 100% different than the first statement as different as being alive is from being dead.

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
    #3133840 - 09/14/04 12:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

"thier all the same there .sombody eats datura,falls down,gets naked,goes outside,does the stupidist shit ever and then gets locked up!"

Haha, yeah, that seems to be a theme with datura trip reports :tongue2:.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Kava Kava, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden