Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
jews are lousy skum bags....
    #3008868 - 08/16/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Just kidding, now that I have you attention...

I've heard alot of people taking about the situation in Israel/Palestine.

So, a quick show of hands here.... Who here has grown up in that region and understands all the idiosyncrasies of the conflict??

I really don't think there are many, if there is one at all.

Point 2... People lie. There I said it. The media of various countrys lie, websights lie, people skew facts to prove there point.

Point 3.... If you are in the woods, hunting deer, and you look hard enough you will see a deer everwhere. It might be a tree in the shape of antlers, blowing in the wind. It might be a squirrel runing off with an acorn.

Point 4.... Most people who are in countrys that commit genocide have been extensivly propogated to belive it is okay. Also most of the time the amount of people there country is killing is largely underplayed. Think of the Native American's, and the Jew/German thing....

Moby talks about this here....http://www.theonionavclub.com/feature/index.php?issue=3521&f=1 "The average Serbian person has no idea what's going on, because the only information they get is from the state-sponsored media. So the average Serbian thinks that the reason the Serbian police and military are in Kosovo is to fight revolutionaries in Kosovo, and to stop the flow of drugs."

Anyone ever seen Princess Mononoke? I think this is a great movie. I'll tell you why. Hayao Miyazaki (the director/animator/writer) has a beautiful story about war. One of the unique things about this story is that all the "villians" on eather side are completly justified in there own minds. They kill because they are protecting there own. They kill because the want vengence. They kill because they belive it helps there future.

But guess who the hero in this story is? The man that 'sees with eyes unclouded'. What does this mean? He knows that both sides are just doing what is in there nature to do, and helps to resolve the conflict, even if it means he has to die for it.

Bickering on some drug forum about who's sources have more integrity does NOTHING, but upset your stomachs. Your not going to prove anything to each other with hate filled words.

So, I beg you, for you're own health and mental well being, give up the hate people.

It will do nothing but twist and torture your soul.

Edited by Anisotropic (08/16/04 05:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: a show of hands!! [Re: Anisotropic]
    #3008875 - 08/16/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've talked to people who lived there, does that count?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: a show of hands!! [Re: downforpot]
    #3008890 - 08/16/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

No.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: a show of hands!! [Re: Anisotropic]
    #3008970 - 08/16/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

If you are in the woods, hunting deer, and you look hard enough you will see a deer everwhere. It might be a tree in the shape of antlers, blowing in the wind. It might be a squirrel runing off with an acorn.

wow, ain't that the truth. You must truly be a hunter.

I've never been there and only know a few people who have and the only info I get is from websites and the news. My gripe isn't with who's right or who's wrong but the killing and cowardly ways it is committed. It's like a circle, palastinians go into a mall and blow up 20-30 innocent men, women and children then Isreal reacts by blowing up their supposed safehouse then the palastinians wan't revenge on a revenging kill and so on and so forth. My opinion on the matter will do nothing to fix or hurt the situation

I guess to sum it up I support Isreal's right to exist, I don't need to be there to support it.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: jews are lousy skum bags.... [Re: Anisotropic]
    #3010811 - 08/16/04 08:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'll let history, statistics and political science be the judge.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: a show of hands!! [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3010819 - 08/16/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

but without heavy US support, Israel would immediately collapse..

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #3011804 - 08/17/04 01:21 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

This forum has dozens of threads about Israel/Palestine and no1 ever comes to a conclusion and the thread just dies. Most of the people here haven't been to either country and won't ever know the truth, whatever it is...

I wouldn't say Israel would collapse. They would just increase their efforts in expanding. They could probably acquire all the land in the area and fortify the border. The arab countries around them will only supply palestinians with weapons like they always have and won't send troops.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: a show of hands!! [Re: vampirism]
    #3012204 - 08/17/04 04:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

but without heavy US support, Israel would immediately collapse

uh, what does this have to do with what I said?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3012488 - 08/17/04 08:19 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

"The average Serbian person has no idea what's going on, because the only information they get is from the state-sponsored media. So the average Serbian thinks that the reason the Serbian police and military are in Kosovo is to fight revolutionaries in Kosovo, and to stop the flow of drugs."

Hey you know you could take out the references to Serbia and Kosovo in that quote and apply it to humankind in general. Since the governments of the 'free' world are whores to corporate interest, the corporate-sponsored-media is effectively a state-sponsored media. The state is corporate.

Quote:

One of the unique things about this story is that all the "villians" on eather side are completly justified in there own minds. They kill because they are protecting there own. They kill because the want vengence. They kill because they believe it helps there future.

That doesn't sound too unique to me. It sounds exactly like the way 'villains' and politicians carry on throughout the world.

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: jews are lousy skum bags.... [Re: CJay]
    #3012561 - 08/17/04 08:50 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"That doesn't sound too unique to me. It sounds exactly like the way 'villains' and politicians carry on throughout the world."

No what is unique about it is that he convays this in his movies. Most storys have very polar good bad lines drawn. So it's easy to take sides and run with the good guy. His films are very much unique because there are none of these very distinct lines drawn. What's unique is his understanding of the fact that those lines do not exist in the real world. Making for complex, rich storys, instead of the normal flat 2d good/bad storys.

Hey you know you could take out the references to Serbia and Kosovo in that quote and apply it to humankind in general. Since the governments of the 'free' world are whores to corporate interest, the corporate-sponsored-media is effectively a state-sponsored media. The state is corporate.

Sad, but very true in some sences. I have not owned a T.V. for 5 years because of that very reason. (I watch movies on my computer's dvd player, and I download eposides of cartoons like family guy/south park so I don't have to watch the commercials)

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3017166 - 08/18/04 05:56 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yes I see what you are saying.

Maybe this is unique in his films because most humans cannot yet see the whole in all of it's richness, and actually see the world in '2d good/bad'. Therefore it is not often represented in art since most of today's minds are incapable of overcoming duality.

Hey nice to meet a fellow non-tv-owning-person!! I don't have one either. (Not that I am anti-tv)

:cool:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale