Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Hygrometer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
Hygrometers
    #3000806 - 08/13/04 03:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

im thinking about buying a hygrometer.

iv read allot of about how they are usually pretty inaccurate and you dont really need them and what not.

however i just built a pod and i dont think the usual method of just checking the sides to see if they are dripping will work since it has the ports for air to get out, so im kinda worried about whether or not i built my pod right and if it will keep the humidity up.

there is a cigar shop over here where i live, and im thinking about going over there and checking for hygrometers. if i was to buy a hygrometer, where would be a good place to get one? what is a good one, that someone has used and they have been satisfied with? what should i look for if i was to buy one?

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hygrometers [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #3000854 - 08/13/04 03:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The meter on the right is from Radio Shack. I took this pic the day I came up with the PMP and the meter still works great. I know they are suppose to be pieces of crap but I've had two of em (one fell victom to a pitbull when it fell of a table and startled him. The meter was a instant kill for him :frown: ).

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

#3000871 - 08/13/04 03:18 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

hygrometers are useful but not necesarry, they come i handy when it comes to humidifers, poormans pods, fruiting chambers the work and dispite what you heard if you buy a good one they are generelly accurate, I go to places like Target, or Best Buy or Home Depot for that kind of stuff ace hardware and radio shack works to, any how good luck just remember ask someone at the store about the specs of the hygrometer before you buy it... me myself i use a mercury hermometer with a humidty bar on it, it is very accurate and only costed me 7 bucks no battery no nothing!

--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
Re: Hygrometers [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #3001024 - 08/13/04 03:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

thanks allot guys. ill head over to radio shack and see what i can get. i have my PMP running right now, so ima go run and see if it looks like a jungle in there =P

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

Offlinedoug_E_fresh
the shroomerysrapper

#3003218 - 08/14/04 03:06 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Don't cheap out. Anything Analog under $10 probably wont work good. Also, don't get from pet stores. Keep in mind, alot of analogs that arnt't real good only go up to about 85%, then stop reading.

--------------------

Offlinehydr0420
Psycopahtic Ryda

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hygrometers [Re: doug_E_fresh]
    #3004091 - 08/14/04 12:56 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Scientific Oregon makes a nice digital remote hygro/thermo meter. Can be picked up for around 40$. And you can check your temps from the living room or somewhere else 90ft away. They also are expandable to i beleive 4 diff sensors (not positive, but more than one). So you can monitor 4 chambers with one monitor to check. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48624&item=5714940701&rd=1
Thats the one!
-dr0

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3004136 - 08/14/04 01:12 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Nothing beats a wey/dry bulb hygrometer IMHO extremely accurate and cheap when they do come up on e-bay, I paid $14 for mine. :wink: My persol preference :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Hygrometer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation