Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Newbie Question
    #2986310 -

Newbie here about to initiate my first experiment using standard PF Tek. I'm getting everything together and while looking for Perlite at Loew's I noticed the bag said, "Enriched with Miracle Grow liquid plant food". Is this ok to use?

Edited by moorhs (08/10/04 02:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: moorhs]
    #2986347 -

Should be ok, remember that all pearlite does is keep the air moist, it dosent directally come in contact with the cake.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: moorhs]
    #2986358 -

Dont waste yur money on that stuff.

Maybe if your gonna grow a little MJ.......

noob

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: ]
    #2986527 -

GloomeryNoob said:
Dont waste yur money on that stuff.

Maybe if your gonna grow a little MJ.......

noob



Bottom line perlite humidification does work pretty damn good especially for those who don't want to automate. :wink: It really helps keep RH fluctuation to a minimum. What works for some people works period, for whatever reason :thumbup: GL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: hyphae]
    #2986542 -

Why spend money on fertilizer enhanced perlite. If you aren't gonna use the fertilizer?

did I misread?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: ]
    #2986564 -

GloomeryNoob said:
Why spend money on fertilizer enhanced perlite. If you aren't gonna use the fertilizer?

did I misread?



I'm guessing that the only Perlite he can find is fertilizer enhanced.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: ]
    #2986579 -

Enriched isnt any more expensive than regular around here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: DieCommie]
    #2986593 -

I have seen that, "Miracle Grow" shit. And it's almost 50% more in price. They are selling a name. period.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: PinballWizard]
    #2986649 -

PinballWizard said:
GloomeryNoob said:
Why spend money on fertilizer enhanced perlite. If you aren't gonna use the fertilizer?

did I misread?



I'm guessing that the only Perlite he can find is fertilizer enhanced.


That was my assumption also otherwise he wouldn't need to ask that question :wink: Thanks for being on the same page bro! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: hyphae]
    #2986701 -

Well let's get some drama going......i have been to Lowe's several times........they carry both the overpriced "Miracle Grow" brand, and the less expensive "Schultz" brand.

IMO I wouldn't even waste money on the "Miracle Grow" perlite back when I was growing weed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: ]
    #2986718 -

Well hopefully he's paying attention :wink: I surely would waste my money on it either!  :puke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: hyphae]
    #2987078 -

It is the only kind I can find (Enriched, that is).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: moorhs]
    #2987226 -

well if you have the coin, it will humidify a chamber.

good luck

--------------------------------------------

I would look arround though. Wally sells it to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: moorhs]
    #2987348 -

if your so worried about miracle grow, then just rinse it before you use it


--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: mycopsycho]
    #2988343 -

Why not use something like lavarock? It's like 4 bucks for a huge bag (assuming you are going to automate it.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: Nazrula]
    #2988706 -

I'll 2nd that, check this out....... http://www.shroomery.org/index/the/default/par/25960

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: atomic1]
    #2988739 -

nice link.........but you could just crush up bricks.........but I'm not is prison yet..........was Magash locked up when he crushed bricks?

I can't imagine any american that can't find freakin perlite.

In fact if you want some.......PM me.........I have a few bags in the garage(not garbage)...........

I will shippem free

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: PsyllyMe]
    #2988883 -

Lol!...thanks for the offer PsyllyMe, but I'll just stick with the Miracle Grow...very generous of you though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enriched Perlite? [Re: moorhs]
    #2988888 -

cool........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Miracle grow enriched perlite Floydian 1,735 2 04/15/03 08:09 AM
by MushyMan
* I bought Miraclegro enriched Perlite. Am i ok?what can i do? CerebralFlower 747 2 02/09/04 04:58 PM
by CerebralFlower
* miracle grow perlite flow 1,183 4 02/11/03 08:48 AM
by flow
* Miracle Grow Perlite Shred 3,038 9 09/18/09 01:04 PM
by stonesun
* miracle grow beginner 1,097 7 05/10/04 10:13 PM
by iluan
* Miracle-Gro Mix Question kjb1891 1,097 5 05/17/03 02:42 PM
by lemunhed
* Miracle Gro "Plant & Gro Compost" for casings? cookdandbombd 1,044 4 12/18/02 02:54 AM
by cookdandbombd
* Miracle Grow perlite w/nutes *DELETED* PennyPincher 850 4 02/15/05 08:54 PM
by frock

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,185 topic views. 17 members, 70 guests and 128 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 16 queries.