Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 |
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #29689531 -

Having a broken upper arm sucks. I sit and watch TV, drink low alcohol beer and catch a few hours sleep here and there when I can.

Fuck this shit.

:babypalm:


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: Northerner]
    #29689539 -

Ugh that's shit my dude ...sorry to hear that. You gotta try and sit up to go to sleep? I've had shoulder injuries and sitting up with my arm in a sling was the only thing that helped to sleep in the least bit.


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: MoonLit]
    #29689545 -

MoonLit said:
Hate to hear that brother. Poured some brew out for ol' girl :heart::heart:

Edit: Forgot what thread I was in. Fuckin mosquitoes need to be summoned back to hell for the winter :crankey:



Libations for all the dead home dogs <3


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: Sulfurshelfsean]
    #29689554 -

Sulfurshelfsean said:
Ugh that's shit my dude ...sorry to hear that. You gotta try and sit up to go to sleep? I've had shoulder injuries and sitting up with my arm in a sling was the only thing that helped to sleep in the least bit.



Can kinda lay back, on my side, on the couch, but have to make all the pillows and stuff just right to take any weight off it, and not push it any way.

I gave in on the sling because it couldn't get the right angle to stop making things worse after a few hours. The only angle with no pain is straight up/down. If I could sleep standing up it would be fkn awesome.


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #29689777 -

Poor doggy! If there's a heaven it's gotta be for dogs because they are 1000000000x better than us humans.

My negativity is my fat ass barely fitting into my favourite shorts. Lol


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: ellamush]
    #29690104 -

I haven't worked an 8 hour shift since 2014. Tonight kicked my ass.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: Sulfurshelfsean] * 3
    #29690245 -

Am sorry for your loss.. had a similar situation at end of March with my 15yr old husky/white shepherd/wolf mix- my other half, my baby.

Expect the unexpected, grief will present in it's own way and walking through is the only way out. This does not discount, that sometimes hanging onto the railings is necessary, the waves will churn up and pass in and out.

Putting a special stone in my pocket 24/7 was a suggestion that actually was worth doing.
Making a shrine, and a huge photo album.
I put in a special poppy garden where she used to always lay out in the sun.
Honor your soul.

In the beginning, it was only awful visuals that plagued me; but by making the album of her life and printing out pics of some of the fondest memories we shared, places we went- it helps in seeing her free of the pain and disease, as her young spry self, chasing squirrels and tearing through the clouds.

Another thing that helped me was when I got the notion that the universe 'assigned' a late friend, who also loved her, to collect her upon ascending (you will know when she rises up, you'll feel it). Knowing she isn't alone and is in good company helped soothe.

And when the time comes:
Remember Yourself.

All my deepest condolences and best wishes


--------------------

From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: birdeatingspider]
    #29690328 -

Not to interrupt the flow, friends.

Grr..
Love Autumn, but the colder temp swings are flaring up my pain- especially where I had spinal surgery to fix.
Everything was going great felt recovery was at 80% (it is one year ago this month), but lately it has been creeping back and reeeally hope that doesn't mean the surgery failed.

And yea, time for mosquitos to fuck off.. at least they are slower in the cooler temps.
Everytime I slap them straight to Hell, is a reminder to research what ecological importance they have. Perhaps they pollinate.
Same with the slugs. Why.


--------------------

From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: birdeatingspider] * 2
    #29690330 -

Mosquitoes are a food source for other insects birds and amphibians. That's it.

If the two species of mosquitoes that were able to give diseases to people while they bite them where to go extinct.
They're still so many flying bugs that it wouldn't really matter in a lot of people's opinions because other insects would just be able to breed and fill in the gap.

There is a lot of species of mosquito and only a couple that can bite us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 2
    #29691019 -

When I was in sw FL, there were 6 kinds, technically the area is subtropical..

Up the coast here, there are 4 that I have identified.
All different hunting styles- that alone blows my mind..
After a few days, they become immune to the non DEET bug spray. I switch between 3 all season.

And I have on several occasions, been focused on a tiger dancing a spectacle, down around my feet, and I get got from behind.. that is strategic higher intelligence, imho: playing interference while a separate partner of the team nabs from out of view.. they know to automatically go for the back of a person.
(Been obviously outside most this year, :lol:)

They are mobilizing.

GC,
Didn't realize they came all the way up to you! Good to know


--------------------

From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

Edited by birdeatingspider (10/08/26 05:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: birdeatingspider] * 1
    #29691054 -

Different species of mosquitoes also have slightly different feels when you crush them in your hand.

There’s been more cases of Eastern Equine Encephalitis around here lately, been putting up bat houses to help keep the population down.


--------------------
O son of Kunti, I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: birdeatingspider] * 1
    #29691189 -

birdeatingspider said:
Am sorry for your loss.. had a similar situation at end of March with my 15yr old husky/white shepherd/wolf mix- my other half, my baby.

Expect the unexpected, grief will present in it's own way and walking through is the only way out. This does not discount, that sometimes hanging onto the railings is necessary, the waves will churn up and pass in and out.

Putting a special stone in my pocket 24/7 was a suggestion that actually was worth doing.
Making a shrine, and a huge photo album.
I put in a special poppy garden where she used to always lay out in the sun.
Honor your soul.

In the beginning, it was only awful visuals that plagued me; but by making the album of her life and printing out pics of some of the fondest memories we shared, places we went- it helps in seeing her free of the pain and disease, as her young spry self, chasing squirrels and tearing through the clouds.

Another thing that helped me was when I got the notion that the universe 'assigned' a late friend, who also loved her, to collect her upon ascending (you will know when she rises up, you'll feel it). Knowing she isn't alone and is in good company helped soothe.

And when the time comes:
Remember Yourself.

All my deepest condolences and best wishes



Thank you for all the advice and wisdom. <3 I'm taking it better than I thought I would but I definitely break down several times a day almost out of nowhere. But I'm surprised at the comfort I find when I think about how she's not in pain anymore.


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: Northerner]
    #29691194 -

Northerner said:
Sulfurshelfsean said:
Ugh that's shit my dude ...sorry to hear that. You gotta try and sit up to go to sleep? I've had shoulder injuries and sitting up with my arm in a sling was the only thing that helped to sleep in the least bit.



Can kinda lay back, on my side, on the couch, but have to make all the pillows and stuff just right to take any weight off it, and not push it any way.

I gave in on the sling because it couldn't get the right angle to stop making things worse after a few hours. The only angle with no pain is straight up/down. If I could sleep standing up it would be fkn awesome.



Man sounds like torture :/ i know the struggle of trying to find that perfect setup where the weight doesn't make the injury burn. Healing vibes your way buddy!


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: Sulfurshelfsean]
    #29691337 -

Comparative Desire (content) :macdre:


--------------------
Ocean

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: Sulfurshelfsean] * 2
    #29691803 -

Sulfurshelfsean said:
Had to put my dog down today. She had tumors everywhere and some of them had to be cancerous. Woke up to her shitting blood this morning. In a big fuck the world kind of mood.



that's a very sad thing to have to do,
I've had to go through it too...
if it's any solace, she's with you in spirit!
Our cat, the day after he died - painted a picture of himself on the side of our bed using dust - it stayed there for months


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: twighead]
    #29691843 -

Wow the dust turned up like that?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: ellamush]
    #29692109 -

Outta depression and PTSD fog and straight back into masturbation for at least an hour a day lol.

Ain't no winning with ADHD. I can see how I ended up in the sex party space just trying to fill fucking gaps in my need for dopamine


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: ellamush]
    #29692390 -

ellamush said:
Wow the dust turned up like that?



yeah and it stuck there like a magnet for months! magic cat ghost!!


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: twighead]
    #29692421 -

That's so cool.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Unbridled Negativity Thread [Re: twighead] * 1
    #29692448 -

Some fucker in Dallas rode me off the road and I hit a curb going fast. Fucked my passenger rims and back bearing but no body damage thank god, crossing myself. My spare tire was flat. Had to tow it at 8:30am to get to my personal mechanic by 9am. Worked a graveyard shift beforehand and haven't slept since yesterday. I was able to knock out 4 hours of interrupted sleep before the tow and while waiting for the mechanic.

I already was planning on having my mechanic do my brakes. I ordered them last week. But now this. $800 later. 4 used nice rims and tires, back passenger bearing, front brakes and rotors. To be honest that price is a steal. I got it done from my regular mechanic whom I've been loyal to since 2011. He cleaned the rims and made them look good. The tires have good tread.

I still need to get an alignment done.

Again, at least I have no body damage and my paint job still looks spectacular.


--------------------


Edited by OutsideOfMyMind (10/09/26 10:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 |


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* one positive thing Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 109 110 )
Big_Dub 24,140 2,186 10/10/26 04:00 PM
by OutsideOfMyMind
* Thread Killers - Shroomerys Most Lethal
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2839 2840 )
druqs 471,119 56,783 10/10/26 05:25 PM
by The Blind Ass
* Salvia Psychosis Video
( 1 2 all )
FractalDust 5,298 31 04/07/05 05:19 PM
by browndustin
* The official unpopular opinion thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 460 461 )
spirit_shadow 108,189 9,209 10/10/26 12:05 AM
by ellamush
* Grateful Dead Appreciation thread!!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
LooksLikeRain 8,901 68 07/15/16 08:41 PM
by Great Scott
* Severing all the negativity from your life MOTH 1,411 19 07/17/21 06:17 AM
by Sugabearcrisp
* The Offical Christmas Thread ? ? 2004
( 1 2 3 4 all )
JettaJay 6,465 60 12/25/04 03:13 AM
by Skunk420
* Purging the negativity in my life! daba 700 4 05/09/04 05:54 PM
by Ripple

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
17,611 topic views. 5 members, 277 guests and 208 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.