Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Fractured my arm
    #29683908 -

It never rains, it only pours... as they say.

Walking home from dinner last night in the dark I hit a bit of uneven road and fell on my side. It hurt like fuck but I shook it off and went to bed. This morning I was unable to pick up any items with my left hand, even putting a tshirt on was torture. Couple hours later in the hospital and few x-rays, they tell me I've fractured my humerus, here's a pile of drugs and a sling, best of luck.

So now I can't drive, use a knife and fork, not even use a computer. I'm so fucked for a bit :lol:

Just gotta roll with the blows.


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: Northerner]
    #29683909 -

Damn that's rough.. I broke my arm playing soccer 25 years ago. It sucks!

Heal up bud.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: Mystikal]
    #29683930 -

Thanks bro. I'm really in the wars hey. :tongue:

I've never fractured a major bone before. I'm unsurprised how painful it is, I would call it exquisite. Truly a very strong experience.


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: Northerner]
    #29683931 -

It's a unique pain. Feels like something is very wrong. I had two broken ribs once too. Sleeping was awful for a few weeks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: Mystikal]
    #29683938 -

Yeah I've broken ribs, and some bones in my hand and feet. Never a big bone before. I can only imagine what it would be like to break your upper leg. Must be the wildest sensation.


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #29683951 -

I slightly fractured my tailbone surfing. I pulled into a big barrel over shallow reef and got compressed into a rock ass first. My leash snapped too.. had to swim in pain to shore to retrieve my board that was getting worked into the rocks..

Anyways about 3 months later I started developing a large cyst right where I impacted.. fast forward a few months and I can barely walk. Had to be put right out for emergency surgery. They said cysts may come back but that was over 10 years ago now.



This is me surfing in Canada.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: Northerner]
    #29683955 -

That sucks! Hope you heal up quick. :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #29684155 -

At least you can still use the other arm to jack it. I saw this poor 18 yr old kid who got in a motorcycle wreck chasing his girlfriend. He ended up with both arms in casts with external fixation and eternal fixation for his pelvis. His GF also broke up with him over it. There was no hope for that poor kid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #29684320 -

Thanks lifeiswhatyoumakeit. Pretty sure it'll take a good while, but no matter. Some people live their whole lives with one arm, I can do it for a stretch.

That's sounds like a crazy injury Mystikal. Would have definitely felt alive afterwards.

Mr.GuessWork said:
At least you can still use the other arm to jack it.



Yeah that thought had crossed my mind. It's funny the things we can be grateful for. :grin:


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #29684333 -

"they tell me I've fractured my humerus", that's not funny.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: Northerner]
    #29684349 -

Northerner said:
It never rains, it only pours... as they say.

Walking home from dinner last night in the dark I hit a bit of uneven road and fell on my side. It hurt like fuck but I shook it off and went to bed. This morning I was unable to pick up any items with my left hand, even putting a tshirt on was torture. Couple hours later in the hospital and few x-rays, they tell me I've fractured my humerus, here's a pile of drugs and a sling, best of luck.

So now I can't drive, use a knife and fork, not even use a computer. I'm so fucked for a bit :lol:

Just gotta roll with the blows.



Im sorry my friend :hug: hope you heal quickly. Its wild how different medications being dukked out is so different in different places. My brother flipped his car into a revine and was in massive pain and he got 5 vicodin.

Once I had a horrible tooth infection that was making me almost pass out for pain and they wouldn't give me any pain meds just Tylenol. Granted opiates aren't technically good for tooth pain but it would've helped.

I have many many more stories  of crazy lack of prescribing pain meds that are worse than these examples but suffice to say its terrible.


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 1
    #29684416 -

Yeah, overprescribing created a huge problem so now they are going the other way. :facepalm:

They are reluctant to prescribe opiates here these days, here too. They gave me 6 oxys and told me to come back if I need more. After a couple of days I'm pretty much through them. Last one is working now. I'm really hoping I don't need more and it does settle down to normal bearable pain.
It's kinda okay as long as I don't move. I'm just gonna couch surf and watch tv for the next couple of days, should see me through.


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: Northerner]
    #29684430 -

Get well soon 😊 🙏!!


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: Northerner]
    #29684457 -

Yikes, heal up man, you’ll come back stronger in time. Tough times come and go.

Ate shit riding a tandem bike by myself when I was a kid, and landed chest first on a fire hydrant. Definitely broke something but never went in for it. Just remeber that same feeling of something being wrong, and pain. If that happened now I’d be in the ER.


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fractured my arm [Re: Northerner]
    #29684489 -

Northerner said:
Yeah, overprescribing created a huge problem so now they are going the other way. :facepalm:

They are reluctant to prescribe opiates here these days, here too. They gave me 6 oxys and told me to come back if I need more. After a couple of days I'm pretty much through them. Last one is working now. I'm really hoping I don't need more and it does settle down to normal bearable pain.
It's kinda okay as long as I don't move. I'm just gonna couch surf and watch tv for the next couple of days, should see me through.



Even the doctors Ive talked to say its a major overreaction. Long gone are the days of pill farm hopping. They're trying to solve a problem that really hasn't been a problem for 15-20 years or so.


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* fractured arm
( 1 2 3 all )
RandomHero 2,573 43 09/15/09 10:14 PM
by Ima Trooper
* Broken Arms recalcitrant 985 11 05/18/07 02:40 PM
by 5150
* First surf session of the summer (no wetsuit required) ToTheSummit 530 6 07/01/07 11:52 AM
by Teragon
* Surfing the burn Kerr 747 1 01/12/06 05:05 PM
by QuantumMeltdown
* Surf City shark attack... Delyrium 826 5 06/08/05 10:55 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Surfing
( 1 2 all )
lbtchnlgs 3,303 21 07/14/08 10:21 AM
by lbtchnlgs
* New Shroomery Tshirts - VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE!!!11!!1!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
adrug 17,533 155 10/28/07 08:43 AM
by MyInnerChild
* Shroomery Tshirt Design
( 1 2 all )
NoAgenda 3,267 21 04/08/09 11:09 AM
by adrug

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
144 topic views. 4 members, 15 guests and 155 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.