Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: Headies] * 2
    #29682087 -



--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29682484 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
This is a tricky question.
I think it's either Thai or Indian.
I'm a big fan of curry and I'm a stickler for it being spicy.
Even if it isn't spicy I would still enjoy Mexican food I would just enjoy it much more if it was spicy.



Curry is great I'm a huge fan of it too.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: JonBongGroovy] * 1
    #29682509 -

I think they're pretty much tied all things being equal. In my personal experience I think I've lived near more Thai restaurants that were willing and able to deliver the heat than Indian restaurants but that's just a matter of circumstance.


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: KevinDontWave]
    #29682516 -

At the Indian restaurants I go to, they don't ask if you want it spicy, but the Thai ones do.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: KevinDontWave]
    #29682523 -

KevinDontWave said:
I think they're pretty much tied all things being equal. In my personal experience I think I've lived near more Thai restaurants that were willing and able to deliver the heat than Indian restaurants but that's just a matter of circumstance.




Here Kevin let me put a little sprinkle of some hot sauce on your sandwich there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #29682525 -

I'm talkin about spots with "secret" heat levels that you have to specifically request.

I'm pretty acclimatized to anything made with straight peppers but once extracts get involved I start to struggle. It's not even an issue with the heat it's just that my stomach starts cramping like I'm on my period.


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29682526 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
KevinDontWave said:
I think they're pretty much tied all things being equal. In my personal experience I think I've lived near more Thai restaurants that were willing and able to deliver the heat than Indian restaurants but that's just a matter of circumstance.




Here Kevin let me put a little sprinkle of some hot sauce on your sandwich there.




ohhhhhh what's that?! I'm fairly certain I want to try it


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: KevinDontWave]
    #29682532 -

Blair’s Caldera Reserve Put these out at carnivals and stuff. I always have to take a look because at the very top at the oil level. You can see the capsaicin crystals formed and floating on the surface.

It's insane peoples legendary sauce. I've always wanted a bottle but it's very expensive.
It's in an almost foot tall bottle too.
If you get some let me know.
:crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29682536 -

Jesus fuckin christ there's no way it's worth 800 bucks.


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: KevinDontWave]
    #29682538 -

KevinDontWave said:
Jesus fuckin christ there's no way it's worth 800 bucks.



It's enough hot sauce to kill an entire village.
Even having a small nail polish bottle worth would be awesome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29682541 -

Hard pass on that hype


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: KevinDontWave]
    #29682544 -

KevinDontWave said:
Hard pass on that hype



I don't believe you.
If there is a chicken wing in front of you and then I put some of that hot sauce I smeared it on there with my little nail polish bottle and offered it to you you're telling me you wouldn't take a bite and find out?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29682545 -

I did just get done explaining I don't have any love for extracts and that's all this stuff is. But if it's free and I can clear my schedule for 24 hours you could probably twist my arm.


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: KevinDontWave]
    #29682547 -

16 million scoville units seems pointless and deeply unpleasant. Obviously there are people out there that dig it but to me it's a little like mountain climbing. I'm perfectly happy to let those that are compelled take that on for themselves and feel absolutely no need to keep the pace no matter how rarefied the air.


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: KevinDontWave]
    #29682550 -

At that point you might even go temporarily blind.
:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29682556 -

It goes in your mouth not your eyes, silly billy!

I would be doubled over and incapacitated for certain though.


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: KevinDontWave] * 3
    #29682661 -

KevinDontWave said:
I'm talkin about spots with "secret" heat levels that you have to specifically request.

I'm pretty acclimatized to anything made with straight peppers but once extracts get involved I start to struggle. It's not even an issue with the heat it's just that my stomach starts cramping like I'm on my period.



Extract has a distinct taste or bite to it that I hate

I go to a Thai spot about 30 minutes away that lets you order by how many chilis you want in the dish. Usually I do about 30 and it's perfect. A couple weeks back I was hungover or something and did 80, it was challenging but sooo good



It's yellow curry and usually still yellow with 30 chilis but this was straight up red orange. Basically liquid Thai chilis

They charged me an extra $5 because all the chilis they had to use, the chef brought me out a free Thai iced tea extra milky to coat my stomach :lol:

I got addicted to spicy food after quitting heroin, but just like typical medium spicy thai and moderate hot sauces. Then I ended up working with an Indian dude who would bring his wife's home cooking in and that's when the spice tolerance really started to build. We would take turns cooking and bringing stuff in and make it as spicy as possible, I started growing all sorts of extra hot peppers and cooking basically anything spicy

I don't go as crazy as I used to with it but still absolutely love super hot food, the flavor and the dopamine hit. My cabinets and refrigerator are loaded with all sorts of hot sauces and chili flake/powders. I found these frozen cubed Indian chilis last week that are amazing and Ive been throwing them in everything, next year I'm just going to make my own with Thai chilis I grow and combine them with garlic since I'm almost always using both together

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: feevers]
    #29682856 -

So what kind of peppers are you currently planting?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 2
    #29682944 -

I stopped growing the super hots now that it's pretty easy to get any of them fresh at local farmers markets or online sellers. I was doing mostly reapers, scorpions, ghost. I never really liked cooking with them fresh anyway and making sauce was a hassle, had to do it outside because blending them indoors would literally gas out the house for like a half hour

This year I mostly just did non spicy peps, little lunchbox bells do well for me and banana peppers. The only spicy ones I grew were Thai chilis because I use those a ton and scotch bonnets for jerk chicken

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Whats the best spicy ass food?
( 1 2 all )
anyone420 2,772 25 10/02/08 11:24 AM
by anyone420
* addicted flushme 602 17 04/02/08 10:37 PM
by flushme
* You know you've eaten some spicy food.....
( 1 2 3 all )
youbreakyoubuy 3,159 43 08/27/09 09:38 PM
by Brainiac
* Hot Asian Spicy (..?) elbisivni 1,022 7 04/24/07 12:05 PM
by EntheogenicPeace
* I think I'm addicted to Wendy's
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Atheist 4,831 63 07/12/06 11:40 PM
by Skunk420
* Guys, I'm addicted
( 1 2 all )
Jadian 1,432 29 09/18/05 03:28 PM
by License_to_Chill
* Are you an addict
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 1,889 24 09/13/07 02:25 PM
by tiny_rabid_birds
* Help I'm addicted to Cheez-Itz!!
( 1 2 all )
RonaldFuckingPaul 2,883 22 12/07/07 10:28 AM
by pong

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
283 topic views. 1 members, 15 guests and 135 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.