Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
I let myself become addicted to spiciness.
    #29681340 -

:spice:
:feelsgoodman:

At the Indian place I order from they have a setting with a disclaimer that they call "Kelly hot"

It's the only way I can enjoy my curry. All the other places they don't actually want to make spicy food because their clientele usually does not like actually spicy food.

I don't like bland food.
Whenever I get Mexican food you can ask somebody for baked jalapeños on the side and I've never been charged for it. While you're eating just take a bite of one of those and it's fantastic. It might be my favorite part.
If there's Italian food or even Italian adjacent food.
I usually give it a pretty generous dusting of pepper flakes.

As far as the long con.
I have actually been growing some purple Carolina reapers from seed. Which is taking quite a long time. But I'm really excited to get those going.
I used to like taking habaneros and dry aging them that way I could grind them up in a well sealed coffee grinder put them into a shaker and put it on my eggs. I think habanero works particularly well for eggs.
My chili is not to be trifled with.
I'm gonna have to get some more of it but I used to have this little baggie called death powder. Just a teeny tiny little spoonful of that stuff & the chili would pop.
:strangelove:
I've also heard that as you get older it's harder to build your tolerance. So if you stop eating spicy food for a long period of time you might never be able to eat the way you were before again.

I've also heard that spicy food has anti-inflammatory properties for your G.I. tract.
What's your favorite spicy food?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #29681381 -

The charred peppers from Mexican joints, typically jalapenos but sometimes serranos or other chiles, aka "chiles toreados" (which translates literally to bullfighter's peppers) are great.


I also love the sliced chilis in fish sauce you often find at Thai restaurants, and make my own every year.

  Check it: Prik Nam Pla :spicy:


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #29681383 -

Are those ghost peppers?

I got home from work yesterday, and my wife was telling me about our son picking a Carolina reaper* out in the garden. He tried a nibble, and said it was quite hot.

Cool! We actually grew something he likes :rofl2:

So I decided to give it a try. Took a nice bite of the pepper.

Immediately, it feels hot. I say so. "Not that bad, really."

A minute goes by.

The pain grows.

A few more minutes pass - I am sweating, salivating, and crying :drooling:

That might have been the hottest pepper I have ever eaten.

For comparisons sake...it put this stuff to shame:


*Edit: it was a Carolina reaper


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Edited by trendal (09/29/26 03:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: geokills]
    #29681387 -

Pepperoncini and crushed pepper flakes with Italian.

Fresh, sauted or dehydrated jalapeno pepper. Usually daily on something.

Asian chilli oils. Da bomb on eggs!

Chillis are life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29681388 -

Hottest thing ive had is the "reaper" level chicken sandwich at Dave's Hot Chicken.
That stuff is no joke, felt like my mouth was in literal flames. burning pain.
but i ate the whole sandwich and ill do it again.


--------------------
:ufoabduction:
:loljesus:
        :mushroom::leaf::mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #29681403 -

Da Bomb is a fun novelty sauce but it tastes like shit.


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: KevinDontWave] * 3
    #29681414 -

It's funny cause Ed Curie, the inventor/breeder of the Carolina reaper, is a recovering addict who found that spicy foods were a good replacement for the feeling of heroin. A benign addiction to replace a dangerous one.

Unfortunately, my habaneros this year weren't that hot. Really tasty though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: KevinDontWave]
    #29681441 -

KevinDontWave said:
Da Bomb is a fun novelty sauce but it tastes like shit.



Yeah I remember trying a drop of that on a toothpick as a child.
It's mindless heat.
That is how I describe that kind of sauce. It has no character, it's just heat with nothing to taste. Only pain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 2
    #29681461 -





These are excellent on everything.
I actually like the fly by jing, more complex flavors. It's a dollar or so less than momofuku.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: space daddy]
    #29681639 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
KevinDontWave said:
Da Bomb is a fun novelty sauce but it tastes like shit.



Yeah I remember trying a drop of that on a toothpick as a child.
It's mindless heat.
That is how I describe that kind of sauce. It has no character, it's just heat with nothing to taste. Only pain.



See I think it very much has a flavor and it is terrible. The heat isn’t even anything to write home about.


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: space daddy] * 2
    #29681641 -

Momofuku stuff is tasty, not that hot, but tasty.

I particularly like their Black Truffle Chili Crunch on pizza and various other foods.

Lao Gan Ma is the original chili crisp from China.  Way more economical, not quite as boutique, but still very good and definitely more bang for the buck.

Love the story about Ed Curie, CreonAntigone! ... and yea DaBomb is gross.  I remember enjoying Dave's Insanity sauces back in the day, but they also weren't that great.  Lots of better hot hot sauces nowadays.  The Last Dab issues from The Hot Ones are always pretty tasty (and flippin' hot).  I especially like this one: The Last Dab XXX.

I tried a "No Returns" fried chicken sammich from my local pub after years of avoiding it (cause they have "mild" and "nashville hot" and the "Nashville hot" was always delicious and just spicy enough).  After putting down one of the "No Returns" versions, I wouldn't do it again.  Too hot, throws off the balance and forces me to use my $10 premium draft ale as a fire extinguisher whereby I barely get to enjoy its excellence!

:tongue2:


Here's my buddy on his 21st bday after we laced shots of baracdi 151 with some iteration of Dave's Insanity and maybe even Da Bomb, as those were all the rage at the time (circa 2003).

   
My buddy Graham - on his 21st birthday I do believe.  This night was one to remember (or forget, depending on how you look at it ;-)

He literally shit the house that night :lol: ... well, we were askin' for it. :blush:


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29681746 -

I like spicy food but not insanely hot :lol: my digestive system can't handle it nor can my mouth.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: JonBongGroovy] * 1
    #29681749 -

I enjoy the pain at least as much as the euphoric afterglow.


--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: KevinDontWave]
    #29681757 -

KevinDontWave said:
I enjoy the pain at least as much as the euphoric afterglow.



Come feel the pain
:feelsgoodman:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: JonBongGroovy] * 1
    #29681759 -



--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: KevinDontWave]
    #29681761 -

:zomgzomgzomg:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #29681813 -

If I am reaching my limit and only at the beginning of the meal there's this slight tinge of a temptation to have a hiccup. It goes away immediately but that's actually the Vasovagal getting stimulated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29681818 -

What's your favorite spicy cuisine? Indian?


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #29682000 -


This is a tricky question.
I think it's either Thai or Indian.
I'm a big fan of curry and I'm a stickler for it being spicy.
Even if it isn't spicy I would still enjoy Mexican food I would just enjoy it much more if it was spicy.

Edited by GenesisCorrupted (09/30/26 02:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I let myself become addicted to spiciness. [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29682002 -

You are a spicy little bitch lately. Not just to me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Whats the best spicy ass food?
( 1 2 all )
anyone420 2,772 25 10/02/08 11:24 AM
by anyone420
* addicted flushme 602 17 04/02/08 10:37 PM
by flushme
* You know you've eaten some spicy food.....
( 1 2 3 all )
youbreakyoubuy 3,159 43 08/27/09 09:38 PM
by Brainiac
* Hot Asian Spicy (..?) elbisivni 1,022 7 04/24/07 12:05 PM
by EntheogenicPeace
* I think I'm addicted to Wendy's
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Atheist 4,831 63 07/12/06 11:40 PM
by Skunk420
* Guys, I'm addicted
( 1 2 all )
Jadian 1,432 29 09/18/05 03:28 PM
by License_to_Chill
* Are you an addict
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 1,889 24 09/13/07 02:25 PM
by tiny_rabid_birds
* Help I'm addicted to Cheez-Itz!!
( 1 2 all )
RonaldFuckingPaul 2,883 22 12/07/07 10:28 AM
by pong

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
285 topic views. 4 members, 18 guests and 95 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.