Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineel_duderino
 User Gallery

Loc: South Australia
Optimal temp for mycelium colonisation (on soaked cardboard)
    #2931706 - 07/27/04 10:14 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I have got some P. Subaegerinosa(sp?) mycelium. Along with bits of dirt, bark and mulch (just the parts the myc was conected to) but i scraped off as much as i could. Plus some myc growing on kangaroo shit. I've placed all this between a few sheets of soaked corrugated cardboard, all this is in a plastic container with the lid about half lifted off. This is from advice a friend gave me. Based on a carboard tek, but I don't have the actual tek. If anyone has it i would very much appreciate it.

All this time i had it in the bathroom (dont ask me why?) and i realised shit I'm taking really hot showers and leaving the heater on. THe funny thing is, it seems this has prompted growth. Likely due to the added warmth and moisture.

Now subs (unlike cubes) grow in very cold conditions. But that's the actual mushrooms themselves. Would the mycelium grow better in warmer and more humid temps?

I'm certain it's mycelium. At first it looked a bit like maybe some sort of mold, all fuzzy like. But the patches have grown into big white 'balls' with long 'hairs' it really looks quite cool! I wanna do some time-lapse photography of it all, but i think that disturbing the container too often (especially taking the top layers of cardboard off) might stunt growth.

Anyone have an suggestions? Any tips at all on this method would be quite handy. My friend did this and had much faster results apparently but i can definitely see my myc is colonising. Slowly but surely.

I'll post pics later on maybe.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineel_duderino
 User Gallery

Re: Optimal temp for mycelium colonisation (on soaked cardboard) [Re: el_duderino]
    #2931732 - 07/27/04 10:26 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

btw. subs are similair to Psilocybe. Cyans and Azures in that they are woodlovers. There was a post a while back with a fella who cultivated azures using this method

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Optimal temp for mycelium colonisation (on soaked cardboard) [Re: el_duderino]
    #2931899 - 07/27/04 11:29 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

65-75F.

Offlineel_duderino
 User Gallery

Re: Optimal temp for mycelium colonisation (on soaked cardboard) [Re: hyphae]
    #2939353 - 07/29/04 05:12 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

cheers!
I'll upload some pics in a sec to show y'all how it's goin.
It's taking a while. Maybe one of you could identify any contams or mold - if there is any.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation