Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Delicious Bacon

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
This really fucking blows
    #2920344 - 07/23/04 02:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

So me and three friends are going to the Alpine Valley dead show, right?

I have 4 tickets here. We're so excited. Everything is ready to go and I call my friend Justin today to make sure he's coming down tonight.

Turns out on tuesday, he was a passenger in a car that was pulled over while he was wasted w/ an ounce of dope. Well, Justin is on probation for some drug offenses, so needless to say, he's sitting in some hick-town jail up north and needs a 5000$ cash bond to get him out.

Very fucked up stuff. So now its just the three of us I guess. And an extra ticket. I'm sure I'll find someone looking for one there. But its just really upsetting that we put all this effort into it and the fucking pigs ruin it for everyone.

Todays Pig Is Tomorrows Bacon.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSoDak_Stranger
Scurd
Re: This really fucking blows [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2920355 - 07/23/04 02:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

can't ya call a bail bondsman and bond him out...

OfflineTomatadunothing
Stranger

Re: This really fucking blows [Re: SoDak_Stranger]
    #2920651 - 07/23/04 03:40 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

That's still $500. $500 more than most hippies have. That's really unfortunate. I bet with a little bit of foresight, however, that this whole sad incident could have been avoided. Well, best of luck to you and your friend.

Invisiblesmurfette
cubie cutie

#2921014 - 07/23/04 05:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Todays Pig Is Tomorrows Bacon.

maybe your friend shouldn't have been rolling with an ounce of dope if he was on probation, right? mabye he shoudln't have been riding in a car that was speeding or stolen or had broken lights or whatever. maybe you need to pick better friends.

I'm just playing devil's advocate, but people who like to blame everyting on corrupt pigs or threaten to kill cops or whatever usually have no one but themselves to blame for their predicaments.

can I buy your alpine valley ticket?

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: This really fucking blows [Re: smurfette]
    #2921260 - 07/23/04 06:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, no doubt it was his fault.

I dont think anyone is arguing that it wasnt. But should he have been put on probation for selling a plant? Should holding onto a plant be grounds to be thrown into prison? Should a police officer be held blameless for enforcing a law that he thinks to be silly?

And yes, you can buy my alpine valley ticket.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#2921272 - 07/23/04 06:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

And I guess it isnt so much hatred of the police, though I really have never met a cop I liked.

But they are the front-line enforcers of all the laws that I personally find distasteful and wrong. It seems that cops are very big proponents of the "I'm just doing my job" philosophy. In this, they arent any better than Stalins secret police or Hitlers Jailers or LBJ's Death Squads in Vietnam.

I honestly believe that there will someday be a reckoning and the people who have enforced the laws will not be found blameless.

--------------------

OfflineTomatadunothing
Stranger

#2921283 - 07/23/04 06:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Kind of like how kirshnas say that people who sell meat are fucked, too, even if they don't eat it. I need a new job.

Invisiblesmurfette
cubie cutie

#2921292 - 07/23/04 06:38 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

then your quarrel isn't with the cop, so much as the system.

"you'll get no argument out of me about the right or wrongs of marijuana" says the girl with a roach in her hand. :laugh:

i've known lots of nice cops, 'sit down and drink a beer' type nice

I don't think I'll be able to afford the ticket.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
    #2921293 - 07/23/04 06:38 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I think anarchy is an incredibly stupid idea. Police are a necessary part of society. Blame society for creating these laws, don't blame the brave people who try to keep all of us stupid bastards from killing each other. I used to feel the same as you, but I had a really good friend and teacher(who is now deceased) who was a police officer. He was one of the best people I have ever known in my life, and an inspiration to me. I agree that there are alot of bad cops out there, but there are alot of bad people out there in general.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Delicious Bacon

Community >> The Pub