Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Looking for information on THC-O-R Ethers
    #29109853 -

While Tetrahydrocannabinol may not be considered an alcohol it still does possess the hydroxyl group implied by its name, that signifies an organic molecule's ability to be made into an ether relatively simply. In the case where acetate is on the other side of the oxygen from deprotonated THC on the molecule, it is not an ether, but an Ester.

I've heard in some light research that there's a potential for psychoactivity involved with certain THC ethers that are less sterically hindered than THC-O-THC. I'm interested in learning what's out there about the synthesis of this molecule, regardless of what practical value it may truly have.

Edit: if it wasn't clear I am referring to information about THC-O-OAc

I feel like I'm not looking in the right place on erowid. Searches don't bring anything up and it's not in any technical lists but I know they have vaults of chem info and syntheses that I'm not sure I'm accessing where I'm looking.

If anyone knows where to point me in the right direction id appreciate it. I may use this molecule as the focus of something for school.

More significant edit: I actually am not looking for information about THC-O-OAc in particular and am just seeking information on THC-O-R ethers other than the di-THC ether

Edited by UnagiShark (02/01/25 02:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Looking for information on THC-O-R Ethers [Re: UnagiShark]
    #29109980 -

Try Psychedelic Chemistry by Michael Valentine Smith

Has a pretty decent section on thc compounds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Looking for information on THC-O-R Ethers [Re: myceliups]
    #29109981 -

Methylation could proceed to an ether compound

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Looking for information on THC-O-R Ethers [Re: myceliups]
    #29110430 -

Right and that actually seems to be the one with most potential for psychoactivity due to having the least steric hindrance on the one side. I guess it's not an Orthodox ether relationship so it's not alkyl and aryl sides specifically.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Looking for information on THC-O-R Ethers [Re: myceliups]
    #29110437 -

Unfortunately that book doesn't have any information on ethers from THC...it's weird because it's as if there are certain sources in Google results that suggest the acetate THC ester has been a problem in certain communities due to debate over legality but there's absolutely nothing I can find so far beyond that about it. Like where did these commercial producers come from or vanish to

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Looking for information on THC-O-R Ethers [Re: UnagiShark]
    #29110590 -

What about something like δ9-THC methyl ether? If that's a proper name or is it active.

Hmm pivaloyl THC ether?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Looking for information on THC-O-R Ethers [Re: myceliups] * 1
    #29110939 -

That gave me something. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains


Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman
248 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.