Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKreeprCeepr
Dont mistakelack of talentfor genius!

Loc: Oregon
finding peyote
    #2882958 - 07/12/04 04:44 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i need some help, i want to grow my own peyote, i live in the region where they grow abundantly, but finding them is extremely hard, even harder when you dont have transportation. i was wondering if i can by small cactuses and have them mailed to me, or do i have to start with seeds? Also, if i am able to find some here in the desert, how can i dig them up and be able to grow them indoor? im not looking to have a huge stash, only a couple. Thanks for the help.

Kreepr~

--------------------
"My lands are where my dead lie buried" Crazy Horse R.I.P

Native Pride

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: finding peyote [Re: KreeprCeepr]
    #2882993 - 07/12/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i wouldn't go digging up wild peyote, i believe its on a watch list of endangered species. so let it grow if you ever find it. besides, digging it up would probably kill it, they're relatively fragile succulents. i'd say start with seeds, don't try ordering a live plant, too risky and it won't make it through customs.

OfflineLoneDeranger
Deranger

Loc: Nonething
Re: finding peyote [Re: ]
    #2882999 - 07/12/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, don't dig it up. A lot of people hate us just for the fact that one of us would dig up some peyote (which is understandable). If you look hard enough, you can find somebody who will send you peyote buttons to grow. If you do dig them up, don't post it on here, you'll probably get flamed like hell.

--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2883182 - 07/12/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You could theoretically buy one off E-bay, grow from seed, or look into Trichocereus (Pachanoi)... But DONOT take them out of the ground. Stealing a shaman's peyote is some of the absolute worst karma I can think of. You'll be feeling that one in the next couple of lives I bet....

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: finding peyote [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2883238 - 07/12/04 06:28 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

>>>Stealing a shaman's peyote

What the fuck is that crap.. It aint theirs.. If they want peyote they should grow it like every other good person.. Theyre not helping the deplesion of this plant at all, so why would you defend them... These "shamans" were diggin it up and sellin it to hippies for years when it was their sacred button.. They shouldnt even be digging it up anymore.. In fact they still dig it up for turists AND they dig up the root.. Bullshit I say

Well I guess thats my shaman hating rant of the night..

OfflineFina
Banana Spacegirl

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
    #2883253 - 07/12/04 06:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Umm, I don't believe they are "abundant" anywhere because they are an endangered species thanks to a dwindling habitat. :frown: Otherwise they wouldn't be so hard to find, right?
If you do come across them, if you decided to be selfish and poach them from the wild... well, at least don't dig them up. You can harvest them in the traditional way by taking a clean knife and slicing off the button (the part that grows above ground), and the button should be able to root in a suitable soil mixture (cactus soil)

A much better option is to raise them yourself from seed. I'm sure you can find places or people online that will mail seed to the US, although this is illegal. Buying seeds would be less risky than mailing plants.

--------------------
"On the last day of your life,
Don't forget to die." -- Silver Jews

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: finding peyote [Re: ]
    #2883254 - 07/12/04 06:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jono1 said:
i'd say start with seeds, don't try ordering a live plant, too risky and it won't make it through customs.

Are you kidding me? It isn't all that risky, really, and they usually make it through customs as well. I've had two catcuses reach me here, one sent by myself from Norway (when I moved), and the other one from England. Both people I have bought from (off of Ebay), who sell a lot of catcuses, said they have never had anyone they have shipped to not receive their catcuses.

I'd recommend growing some from seeds, but also buying some that have already been growing a few years. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineKreeprCeepr
Dont mistakelack of talentfor genius!

Loc: Oregon
Re: finding peyote [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2883537 - 07/12/04 07:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for all of the information, I wasn't planing on "digging them up" just cutting off the button, i've read if you do this correclt that about 2-5 more buttons wil grow from that root, increasing population. I'm not a poacher, and im not some kid who is looking to just use this gift of a plant to get fucked up on. There are still big pilgrimages by mexican and american people who harvest millions of these cactuses, i read that in Erowid if your wondering. I would like a few cactuses to start with, and also some seeds, but i'de be happy with buying them rather then cutting them. thanks for all of the feedback guys!

kreepr~

--------------------
"My lands are where my dead lie buried" Crazy Horse R.I.P

Native Pride

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: finding peyote [Re: Legoulash]
    #2883942 - 07/12/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Jeez.....I was just applying the term to anyone who grew the cactus...

And I dont really like that "beheading the peyote to help it multiply" crap. If you want to help it, grow it, or graft it. Going somewhere and lopping off a few buttons does not multiply anything. It slows the growth untill it puts out new buttons (obviously)

Edited by HarveyWalbanger (07/12/04 09:11 PM)

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: finding peyote [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2885316 - 07/13/04 09:16 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

peyote use is relativly current compared to other enthogens. ill see if i can find soem info. but i know the huichols only been using it for probabaly like 3 hundred years.

ok says here in 1870-1880. and then spread to other tribes. im asumming there was a trade for this religous plant. and then started the decreased populationhttp://duard.dreamscrying.net/pote.html

but has been used longer http://www.erowid.org/plants/peyote/peyote_timeline.php3

so they have not been leavign in harmony with nature as many belive. native north americans have been atributed to at least 2 extinctions of animals. one being a llama type creature. i find it very fustrating how natives always claim they where at harmony with nature and knew how much to take. but they are humans too and made mistakes just like the white man.

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Edited by the man (07/13/04 09:39 AM)

InvisibleHermes_br
~~~
 User Gallery

Mescaline use for 5700 years [Re: the man]
    #2890540 - 07/14/04 04:04 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

that's what could be dated so far, our mom earth is old..., very old  :smile:

Offlinejellynutz
keep it rockin'like a whore onpills
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mescaline use for 5700 years [Re: Hermes_br]
    #2890894 - 07/14/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

interesting info......

--------------------
Passion destroyed is reborn in the passion for destruction...

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Mescaline use for 5700 years [Re: Hermes_br]
    #2891032 - 07/14/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hermes_br said:
that's what could be dated so far, our mom earth is old..., very old  :smile:

that article is interesting but doesnt mention how inaccurate radio carbon datign is. carbon has a half life of 5730 years. and that article sasy 5700 yars ago it was used. seems to conviniant. and radio carbon dating is very inaccurate when it comes to a couple thousand years. because it can be out a like 700 years fairly easy.

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale