Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
Building taller tub, not enough head (cap?) room
    #2722955 - 05/24/04 03:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, Saturday night I cased 12 pf cakes.
Put 1/3" wet perlite at bottom, 2" grated cakes, 1/2" wet verm
While grating the cakes some bits I just mushed with my hands, the whole process was annoying because I did it when I was fucking drunk (it was 24 hours into dunk/cold shock so I had to take them out). Hopefully it wont effect how even thinks start growing, but most of it is consistent

Anyway, my friend had the tupperware we were using and it was smaller than I thought. Originally I wanted to do 4 separate casings but I decided to just stick em right in and then put perlite as a bottom layer.
The problem is, from the top of the verm to the lid there is 2-3" of space!
Will the shrooms hit the roof and bruise a lot and stop growing? Or will they grow fatter?
I expect that with a 2" substrate layer there will be taller than 2" mushrooms, so I figure they will hit if I leave it the way it is.

Alternatively, I could try making the container taller. If I built a frame and then put a plastic bag over and sealed with duct tape would it work? And then just detach it to fan/mist? I don't know if it will hold out contams enough, but maybe
I know some people use large plastic canopies with a zipper, How would I go about making one of these, I don't even know what supplies to use

Hope someone can help me out here, but either way I'm excited for the fun part of the grow  :smirk:
Thanks guys

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: Building taller tub, not enough head (cap?) room [Re: holio1]
    #2722977 - 05/24/04 03:24 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not sure why you bothered with a perlite layer on the bottom, that's not really necessary. Anyway, as for your casing, I would recommend keeping your casing container inside a rubbermaid or sterilite container. You could line the bottom of the bigger container with moist perlite to keep your humidity up. I wouldn't bother with the bag shit. If you do use the smaller container, your shrooms will hit the roof and possibly bruise quite a bit if they become too cramped. I don't see why this would stop growth unless they run out of room to grow. Also might get quite a few aborts. Anyway, you should put the casing container inside a bigger tub, and procede as normal. Fan, keep humidty and temps right, and you should be good to go. Best of luck.

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
Re: Building taller tub, not enough head (cap?) room [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #2723043 - 05/24/04 03:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, smart thinking. I wasn't going to take everything out of the tub and tranfer, but I never thought of that...
Heh, thanks problem solved, for some reason that never came to me

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation