Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Expanding Our Minds
    #2654020 - 05/08/04 04:31 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have this theory that we are not using all of our mind. Im not talking about that 10% bullshit, im just saying that our brain is capacble of incredible things that we havent been able to even conceive nevermind perform.

For example, if you take a hallucinagen, then the chemical has to act on  something . tryptamines (mushrooms, dmt) play a big part in my theory. i really believe that they help 'uncover' what our brain is really capable of. and if we can uncover what our brains are capable of with drugs, then we have to be able to uncover it without drugs. its there, we just need to know how to find it. imagine what the possibilities are if we can actually find all the secrets of the universe by just digging into are brain for the answers. im almost positive if that we are capable of it. think about how incredible our minds are already!

does anyone agree, or am i being a stupid stoner :rasta:?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: Expanding Our Minds [Re: ]
    #2654025 - 05/08/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

drugs allow you to merge your waking and dreaming states into one reality. That's how I see it.

I don't think drugs help us see anything that is there that we can't usually see.... I think they allow our subconcious to shape our reality more to our liking... they take our brains, and force them to take "reality" a little less seriously.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2654030 - 05/08/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I definitely agree...

Huxley wrote about the brain being a "reducing valve" for the Mind-at-Large... he thought that since we were technically animals, the brain was created to block out all those mystical truths that weren't needed for survival. Through psychedelics, one can briefly turn off the reducing valve. Through spiritual practice, one can get rid of it all together...

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2654049 - 05/08/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

its a fine line between genius and insanity..... walk carefully :rasta:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#2655135 - 05/08/04 10:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

tripped said:
does anyone agree, or am i being a stupid stoner :rasta:?

I disagree due to lack of evidence.

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

#2655212 - 05/08/04 10:58 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I definately believe it's mind expanding.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2655981 - 05/09/04 06:24 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I notice how on acid (when I'm not tripping hard and occupied by hallucinations and euphoria) I am in complete knowlege of almost anything... know what I mean?

I think drugs can and do open our brains to let our soul truth come through to some level.

Have any of you had an OBE? It can be caused by drugs... and when you are in that state you are out of your body and your vision is 360 degrees, any informationn around you can be understood simulataneously... etc.

Shrooms alone allow your vision to open up more to see things from a wider perspective... I believe in what you're saying, tripped.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinepharao
^^^^^
Male

#2655998 - 05/09/04 06:35 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I used to think much of the same, but i have found out later that it is not the world that changes its you, looking for universal truths in psycadelics can easily get you lost. Psycadelics is a tool to explore your own mind and can be used to learn about the human mind but it doesnt go further than that. There is a difference in feeling like you understand the truth and what really is the truth. I can agree some with turd and say that you mix a dream state with reality but only that i dont think dream state is the right word but fantasy and your fantasy is bigger than anything else in the entire universe so its easy to get lost there.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: Expanding Our Minds [Re: pharao]
    #2656018 - 05/09/04 06:48 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Isnt that what was meant by Tripped's initial post? Well, in anycase I do believe that psychedelics are merely a tool, they show you the door... but ofcourse you cant live your life like that or go chasing hallucinogen induced visuals to find truth in life...

The real deal is meditation (and general thinking and exploration), IMHO.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Anonymous

Re: Expanding Our Minds [Re: filthysock]
    #2656281 - 05/09/04 09:36 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yeah i should have put something about meditation in there, but i dont really know what its like (i've only meditated once by accident haha) but meditation definitley sounds like it plays apart in my theory.

pharao, you dont think that what you learn on mushrooms is the truth? i definitley think it is, that we dont just feel like we understand everything.

Offlinepharao
^^^^^
Male

#2656296 - 05/09/04 09:45 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

that is not what i was saying at all- i am saying that you cannot use psycadelic as a method to search for all kinds of truths, im saying that psycadelics has a potensial to give many answers about how the human brain works. but you will not find anything that is not in your mind allready, you dont create anything intelligent by eating mushrooms. most truths are mathematicly correct and not found in psycadelics. it has potensial for self exploration not discovering the secrets of the universe.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2656626 - 05/09/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

robert masters & jean houston generated their book _mind games_ just for that reason...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Expanding Our Minds [Re: gnrm23]
    #2657028 - 05/09/04 02:11 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Have you heard of Gaia?

We are part of Gaia, the mushrooms are part of gaia.

We eat the mushrooms to fullfill a purpose. To shed us of our poisoned minds and beliefs, to realize that as a race, we have posioned gaia, the mushrooms exist to bring us back to a state of equilibrium. because thats what gaia wants. Gaia wants everything to exist with a balance, and not to abuse ore misuse.

The mushroom is there so we an learn about are connection with our enviroment, they clense us of our programming. The show us the errors of our ways. They set us free.

Gaia is the planet earth, with all its in habitants: trees, animals, humans, insects, etc.. We all live toghether to create Gaia. Right now we are in denial about our existence. The mushrooms will show you are connection, and it will show you are purpose.

Mushrooms arent a tool, mushrooms are you, and you are the musrhoom, respect them, and they will show you the truth.

peace and happiness.

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: Expanding Our Minds [Re: Turd]
    #2657069 - 05/09/04 02:28 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Turd said:
drugs allow you to merge your waking and dreaming states into one reality.  That's how I see it.

Interesting!

Quote:

I don't think drugs help us see anything that is there that we can't usually see....

I have to disagree with this...certain drugs can definitely make you see things you can not see in your normal state.  For instance, the vast majority of people who take a large enough dose of DMT will see things they never ever could have imagined and many of them see the same things as other "partakers"(is that a word?) such as certain other beings and a curtain of colors too intense to imagine.
Quote:

I think they allow our subconcious to shape our reality more to our liking...  they take our brains, and force them to take "reality" a little less seriously.

Or more seriously? On my behalf at least....through psychedelics I believe I have found the opposite....I can find a truth that exists all the time but which most people never usually notice because they are so wrapped up in "reality" which they create....myself not exluded in daily life of course, but I am trying to be more real.  I have been without a tv for awhile, and I have found that has changed my life incredibly for the better.  Anyway, this is hard to explain, but i hope it makes sense..just my experience...this is an interesting conversation! :heart:

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: Expanding Our Minds [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2657331 - 05/09/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I have to disagree with this...certain drugs can definitely make you see things you can not see in your normal state. For instance, the vast majority of people who take a large enough dose of DMT will see things they never ever could have imagined and many of them see the same things as other "partakers"(is that a word?) such as certain other beings and a curtain of colors too intense to imagine.

Hmmm, I've never heard of or experienced that.  All the times I've tripped (never on DMT though), the things I see are never the same as what others see.  Certainly, sometimes we see *similar* things, but I chalk that up to the mutual vibe of the experience.

I will admit though, that sometimes unexplainable things have happened... for instance me and my friend finishing eachother's sentences, so completely and exactly that it seemed like we were part of the same conciousness. 

Quote:

Or more seriously? On my behalf at least....through psychedelics I believe I have found the opposite....I can find a truth that exists all the time but which most people never usually notice because they are so wrapped up in "reality" which they create....

Exactly :smile:  You said exactly what I meant to say, I just think you explained it a little better hehe.  I meant that tripping helps detatch you somewhat from "reality", so you can look at things from a whole different angle.  For example, if you see a tree when you're sober, you recognize that it's a hard tree, it's alive (somehow), and it's brown and green.  Maybe it would be fun to climb.  But on mushrooms, you can sense the life flowing through it, and it's just as alive as you.  You feel as though can see all the tendons of power and life connecting each life vessel in the forest, and you are PART of it.  Also, when tripping, that tree would DEFINATELY be fun to climb.  And in the same way, if you're tripping in a more.....  hmmm....  "peopled" environment (urban area, area with signs of human life), you can totally notice subtleties and and nuances of things that you couldn't have imagined before, simply because your brain doesn't take the "usual truths" so seriously, it's far easier to look beyond them, and to see the deeper underlying tendencies and causes.  I think that was a run-on sentence.  Oh well.

I need to trip again.  :tongue2: :sun: :mushroom2:

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Expanding Our Minds [Re: Turd]
    #2658723 - 05/09/04 11:46 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

How can you people believe this stuff?

Invisiblefearfect
Loc: Flag
Re: Expanding Our Minds [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2658838 - 05/10/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i don't know what i believe. i like to think that there is something out there that is undiscovered, but at the same time i have never seen any evidence of it. on the other hand, i have experienced and seen things i would normally assume impossible. for example, one time on a large dose of mushrooms i picked myself up and went for a walk outside. as i was walking down the sidewalk late that night i came out of my body and was watching myself walk in a third person view from above. i was able to see everything around me at the same time. i could see people walking up behind me, cars driving in front of me, all at the same time... it was very frightening. OBEs are the best. its things like that that make me question...

on another probably unrelated note, i would like to share an experience i had on dxm last week...

i live in dorms on a college campus. the walls/floors of these dorms are a solid 2+ feet of concrete. my roomate and i had taken around 600mg of dxm (i have a very low tolerance and 600 is really mind blowing for me). we had gone to smoke a bowl outside and the first couple hits hit me so hard i couldn't walk straight anymore. on the way back to our room i had a split second "premonition?" where i saw a bed jumping up and down on the floor. i dismissed it and just thought "wtf"? anyway he helped me get back to our room where we listened to music and i laid in bed for a while with a bad headache of some kind; there were oscillating "waves" that i could hear that would vary in pitch and were very annoying yet facinating. I felt like my head was going to explode.... when all of a sudden i looked over and his bed started jumping up and down ~2 inches off of its rest. jumping like in a cheesy horror movie very very rapidly. needless to say, this freaked both of us out. I jumped up and said WHAT THE FUCK while his desk lamp was fluttering on and off. he just stared at his bed in a daze. after about 10 seconds his lamp went off and the bed subsided. and we both tried rationalizing it. perhaps there were some pipes rattling the room, or someones bass playing. but it was 3 in the morning and my side of the room was completely calm during the ordeal. it reminded me vaugly of what i had seen earlier in what i guess was a closed eye visual/premonition. well the bed jumping happened two more times during the night and for some reason it didn't weird us out anymore while we were tripping...
it was probably the weirdest thing ive ever seen in my 19 years. it was like something straight out of nightmare in elm street. normally i would dismiss it as a hallucination, but the thing is my roomate also saw it happen 3 times, and his lamp now will not turn on, i guess it broke somehow. i cant really think of any logical explanation. the walls are too thick to make his entire bed start jumping from a vibration...

anyway sorry if you read this and aren't as impressed as i was. i really dont know what to think of it, just doesnt make sense. perhaps it was a collective hallucination.

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#2658839 - 05/10/04 12:24 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

it's fun to learn about the brain, its very fascinating.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: Expanding Our Minds [Re: fearfect]
    #2659084 - 05/10/04 09:00 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fearfect said:
  as i was walking down the sidewalk late that night i came out of my body and was watching myself walk in a third person view from above.  i was able to see everything around me at the same time.  i could see people walking up behind me, cars driving in front of me, all at the same time...

Wow.....that is so amazing!!!
Quote:

on another probably unrelated note, i would like to share an experience i had on dxm last week...

OMG...you have had some crazy shit happen to you!!!  :eek: I wonder what made the bed do that????

Interesting post- this thread is good reading...Namaste!

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Expanding Our Minds [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2659207 - 05/10/04 10:33 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i believe psychedelics allow us to push our mindstate back farther and farther from the moment of the now (as in what is presently happening) we live farther and farther in the past, allowing us to seperate ourselves from our animalistic conciousness, and transcend into the fractal paths of our existence and percieve our higher dimensionality. they open a door in your mind when you take them, there is no peak, just a plateau, once you walk in the door, its what you do to yourself that makes your trip what it is. i dream in 5 dimensions. psychedelics allow my brain to take on characteristics not given to me through evolution, i can perceive things that we do not need to perceive to survive...yet.

Quote:

Phencyclidine said:
How can you people believe this stuff?

what do you believe?

~JSlice~

--------------------

Edited by angryjslice (05/10/04 10:36 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag