Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) * 3
    #23587331 -

Been getting much more into them recently, they have like 18 albums covering a pretty wide range of stuff from harder psychedelic space rock to mellow symphonic pop esque psychedelia. Many of their albums are concept albums that have really beautiful ideas and messages in them about humanity moving forward as a species. Their last two albums, Visionary (2009), and Ocean 2 (1998?) marked a return to their earlier psychedelic space rock roots.

Here is one of my favorite tunes live:


ELOY - Poseidon's Creation

And here is my favorite studio track I have heard:


Eloy Reflections From The Spheres Beyond

:mindblown:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #23587403 -

I dig there older stuff

Its been years since I've  heard em


--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: SunnyD] * 1
    #23587449 -

You should check out their last 2 albums then, not as hard rock as their earliest stuff but it has way more of their early psychedelic experimental feel.

From what I understand the band founder took Eloy into a more commercial direction in the late 70's to 80's I believe before returning to his roots.

I have only listened to a few of their albums entirely but I like Ocean 2 as much as most of their early stuff I have heard and Visionary seems solid too.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #23587484 -

fuckin awful
/turns back on real music Pitbull ft enrique iglesias

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: something super extreme]
    #23587648 -

something super extreme said:
fuckin awful
/turns back on real music Pitbull ft enrique iglesias



:creepylurker:

This is what I think of you:


Eloy - Ocean 2 - Paralysed civilization - 1998


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Edited by musiclover420 (08/28/16 05:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #23590499 -

giving the first track a whirl enjoying it so far,

i got into amon dull II a while back and popl vuh more recently, both good german bands from simila era and slightly later, bit different than this but worth a listen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: chameleon303]
    #23590822 -

I have not actually listened to much if any Amon duul but I have 2 of their albums I should check out. Eloy isn't truly krautrock, they are more commonly associated with English prog groups like Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Yes, and Camel. But their earlier stuff does have more of a "heavy" krautrock feel to it a bit. Here is another one of my favorite songs off Ocean 2:


Eloy - The answer

Some very David Gilmour esque guitar playing on that track in particular, I love it :crazy2:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #26430667 -

I'm bumping this thread because ELOY is the shit! What a fantastic prog rock band. I love Planets and Ocean so much. Colours is fantastic as well! Bring this thread back, and a general discussion of classic era 70's progressive rock in general, PLEASE!!!

:kenthumbup:


--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: Loaded Shaman] * 1
    #26430680 -

Nice. Never heard before. Gonna give it a listen. Sometime soon.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: Loaded Shaman] * 1
    #26432401 -

Loaded Shaman said:
I'm bumping this thread because ELOY is the shit! What a fantastic prog rock band. I love Planets and Ocean so much. Colours is fantastic as well! Bring this thread back, and a general discussion of classic era 70's progressive rock in general, PLEASE!!!

:kenthumbup:



:cheers:

I've really come to love pretty much every album by Eloy, they've covered such a wide range over the years. Planets and Colors are some of my favorites for the more atmospheric albums.

Floating is my favorite of their early albums, Madhouse is a masterpiece:


Eloy - Madhouse

Silent Cries is another amazing album. Metromania and Ra are both pretty great albums despite their 80's styles. And there are a ton of gems on the later albums, Tides Return has a few beautiful tunes and Ocean 2/Visionary are both incredible.

It's a shame there are not more live recordings, they did one 78 live album that is great and one more recent DVD that are both amazing.

Apparently they released part 2 of The Vision, the Sword and the Pyre in 2019 and I missed it. Downloading it right now to check out :awesomenod:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: musiclover420] * 2
    #26434169 -

Nice stuff.  I like. 

Thanks for bump.  :thumbup:


--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:


Plant Trees

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: Nymphaea]
    #26434713 -

I like them 🎶💙


--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: SunnyD]
    #26434933 -

Here is the 1978 live album if no one posted it already:


Eloy - Live Album (1978)

My favorite tracks are:

1  Poseidon's Creation 0:00
2  Incarnation Of Logos 11:44
8  Atlantis' Agony At June 5th - 8498, 13 P.M. Gregorian Earthtime  57:30

And here is the 2012 DVD:


eloy live impressions mainz 2012

And here is a bonus live 1988 video from when they were in their hard rock phase:


Eloy | Live -1988 in Ahlen, Germany.

It's pretty crazy how much ground Eloy has covered over the decades.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #27063903 -

BUMP THIS SHIT!

Gentle Giant just turned 50 the other day, and I've been on an overall 70's golden era prog kick since; that includes ELOY!

:bongload::sunny:

I've acquired Ocean and Planets, remastered, on CD. They sound fucking amazing!


--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #27096341 -

Loaded Shaman said:
BUMP THIS SHIT!

Gentle Giant just turned 50 the other day, and I've been on an overall 70's golden era prog kick since; that includes ELOY!

:bongload::sunny:

I've acquired Ocean and Planets, remastered, on CD. They sound fucking amazing!



Have you heard Colors? It's the album before Planets, the first of their 80's symphonic/soundscape albums:


Ocean is probably their more classic album, Ocean 2 is also amazing though. And their is some great live album recordings of them playing songs from Ocean live which are incredible :cheers:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Eloy anyone? (70's German symphonic space rock) [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #27096934 -

musiclover420 said:
Loaded Shaman said:
BUMP THIS SHIT!

Gentle Giant just turned 50 the other day, and I've been on an overall 70's golden era prog kick since; that includes ELOY!

:bongload::sunny:

I've acquired Ocean and Planets, remastered, on CD. They sound fucking amazing!



Have you heard Colors? It's the album before Planets, the first of their 80's symphonic/soundscape albums:


Ocean is probably their more classic album, Ocean 2 is also amazing though. And their is some great live album recordings of them playing songs from Ocean live which are incredible :cheers:



Dude of course I've heard Colours, I love that album! Ocean, Planets, Colours are by far my favorite Eloy records.

I have a new Gentle Giant shirt that's in the mail, actually! Ordered directly from the band, 1975 reprint tour shirt for the band's 50th.


--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Buddy Holly: Master Dreamcrafter, Rock-n-Roll Messiah I_Fart_Blue 1,884 6 04/30/03 05:20 PM
by I_Fart_Blue
* Skynet Symphonic AsanteM 345 3 06/03/10 11:14 AM
by ozsultan
* Red Rocks Dead shows ALL NEW! WITH PICTURES!
( 1 2 all )
Phishgrrl 5,819 35 06/26/04 08:39 AM
by Adom
* classic southern rock lovin hippie rednecks
( 1 2 all )
bluesky 5,081 22 04/04/09 09:59 PM
by MrBump
* The Dead ARE PLAYING AT THE RED ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! rosewoodpete 1,172 8 04/26/03 02:15 AM
by thestringphish
* That 70's Show
( 1 2 3 all )
Ripple 5,431 52 07/15/09 01:05 PM
by Kada
* 1 in 5 Germans want Berlin Wall back. YouEnjoyMyself 780 2 09/08/04 03:19 PM
by Madtowntripper
* Red Rocks Dead Shows!
( 1 2 3 all )
Phishgrrl 5,651 46 06/17/04 09:06 PM
by wandrnshaman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
420 topic views. 4 members, 19 guests and 97 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.