Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Castle rave. (now with pics)
    #2622492 -

I'm going to a rave tonight in a castle!

I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

Yes, I know this is the basic plot for a number of cheesy horror movies.
Yes, I shall be shrooming and dancing, and so shall my fiancee.
Perhaps we shall harvest fresh young ravers and bring them home.


--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Edited by valour (05/02/04 07:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: valour]
    #2622507 -

Awww I wish I could go to Zeeks party tonight but I have to work tomorrow. I dont know if ya plan on camping there... but apparantly that might turn out to be lame  :whatever:


--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: iloveraving]
    #2622513 -

The camping? Yeah, I dislike camping, and I can only imagine how much worse it'd be to wake up all sweaty from a night of dancing inside a steamy tent.
Heh, I forget if I knew you were close enough to the same area to possibly be at some of the same stuff.


--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: valour]
    #2622545 -

:heart: raving!

take lots of pix & have some good times !


--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: valour]
    #2622553 -

Castle and rave are two words that should be used together more often. Have fun.


--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2622890 -

fuck that would be so badass!


--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: Vulture]
    #2622901 -

I know, right? I'm jealous.


--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: valour]
    #2622952 -

I've never been to a rave (don't know where to find them) but I hope you have a great time!  :smile:  I'm looking forward to the pics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: valour]
    #2623369 -

that would be sweet......... would go so well with some psytrance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: valour]
    #2623402 -

Have fun!

I've been hearing that plans are in the works for a rave in a cave this summer near me. I hope this happens. It's a reputable production company that will surely bring in one kick ass sound system. They'll have to be careful of falling rocks though.


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. (now with pics) [Re: valour]
    #2627333 -

Sorry, thanks to whatever the hell was wrong with the shroomery yesterday, I didn't get a chance to post.
Here goes.
Alas, no pictures with us in them...I think ;-)

First of all, these guys played:
http://www.concentricsound.com/home.cfm?go=home
And they were incredible. They were like a sort of techno-house-jam band.
I was suitably impressed. Their visual set up was great as well, and reminded me of Tomato from Underworld shows.

The castle was interesting - three rooms for the party, a "dungeon" (only went in once, was a kind of low key drum and bass thing), the upstairs castle and the carriage house. We spent most of the time in the carriage house (which is where Concentric played). We had a hella hard time getting into the groove, and ended up leaving early, but we felt it had something to do with us, not the place.

Lots of nice people, although one guy somewhat freaked me out when he asked me for help with his phone because he claimed he was too fucked up, then I think he took my picture. He then commented to me about how hot he thought my fiancee was several times throughout the night. It made me wish for a taser.

Anyway, the pics. I forgot my camera, so thankfully one of the regular local photo guys was there.
Concentric:
http://www.afterhoursny.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1360
Outside the castle:
http://www.afterhoursny.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1349
Bonfire/drum circle:
http://www.afterhoursny.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1414
http://www.afterhoursny.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1412
http://www.afterhoursny.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1403

This was the castle:
http://www.beardsleecastle.com/
This was the event:
http://www.albany.edu/~edms/


Lots of folks camped out - there were probably around 200 people. Or ten. Or a million.
I'm horrible with numbers.


--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. (now with pics) [Re: valour]
    #2627429 -

aw shit - i was planning on going to that. :frown:


--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. (now with pics) [Re: valour]
    #2627641 -

Well I'll be damned, Lotus played there! I've seen them several times. They're good. Too bad that thing didn't go all night. Cool pics.


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: valour]
    #2627716 -

valour said:
The camping? Yeah, I dislike camping, and I can only imagine how much worse it'd be to wake up all sweaty from a night of dancing inside a steamy tent.
Heh, I forget if I knew you were close enough to the same area to possibly be at some of the same stuff.



This party was about 2 hours north from me. Sooo...how was it overall? Did the venue work out well? Any word on them booking the spot again? Was the camping cool? Was the party illin or spillin? They shutdown at 2? Is that when the bonfire happened? I couldnt imagine everyone just leaving or going to sleep at that hour. Looks like it was good.


--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: iloveraving]
    #2627766 -

Yeah, I think the pre-planned music ended at 2.
It was weird - the party was ~good~.
Once Concentric went on, the music became very good.
Most of the people were in a good vibe and having fun, lots of people with glowy things and just gettin' down.

But for some reason we just couldn't catch the groove.
I guess it just happens sometimes.

The bonfire was going earlier on, but things turned into a drum circle afterwards and people made their own music.
It was a bit far for us, too - 2.5 hours - but it wasn't that we had a bad time, it was just frustrating that things didn't "click" - if that makes sense.


--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: valour]
    #2627830 -

Of course it makes sense.... It happens.
I must admit the details of this party shaded me a little. It said the music ended at 2, and its far for us too.. Me and my friends are late nighters and usually get there late and party till the sun comes up and go to a hotel.  :grin:Seemed like their werent gonna be afterparties, and that camping was gonna be shady. So even if I did have off work I probably would of went to Muni or the city instead  :tongue:

the city  ...  :crazy: :grin: :stoned: :beer: :pill: :wtf: :stash: :stoned: :pill2: :3rd_eye: :drooling: :drooling: :pacman: :pill2: :what: :wexican: :drooling:                              :projectile:


--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: iloveraving]
    #2627860 -

Yeah, it'd have to be a big event to make us go to the city (I mean, we ~need~ to make it there - I've never been!) - but money is tight, blah blah blah.
I wish Infected Mushroom would be a little later in the year, like June. We'd probably be able to save up enough money by then.


--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: iloveraving]
    #2627910 -

Camping rocks, I dislike sleeping indoors.

I wish I could go to a rave again, only been to one and I'm sure it was a lame one but I had fun.

KC if that goes down in that cave, you have to let me know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Castle rave. [Re: valour]
    #2627943 -

Very cool mate!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Concentration Camps in the US
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ShroomismM 9,177 96 07/09/09 06:47 AM
by Taco Chef
* red rocks, big summer classic, afterparty etc?
( 1 2 all )
AnOddLittlePlace 3,984 26 05/07/05 03:57 PM
by AnOddLittlePlace
* rave meatcakeman 841 17 09/12/07 12:54 AM
by meatcakeman
* I have trouble concentrating and lack motivation alot
( 1 2 all )
Noetical 3,776 31 07/18/05 06:31 PM
by Skunk420
* The Official Todd Castle Fan CLub
( 1 2 all )
Todcasil 3,408 20 01/19/05 10:59 PM
by Todcasil
* Bonfire!!! LethalX5 639 5 05/17/05 12:34 AM
by KahSol
* Is the underground rave scene dead?
( 1 2 3 all )
PowerTrip 11,239 57 10/23/06 03:21 PM
by Vvellum
* US Internment camps... RuNE 1,935 18 06/08/07 07:19 PM
by JunkFood

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,867 topic views. 2 members, 15 guests and 185 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.