Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
soap making. tips, tricks, and your experience with fucking it up. * 2
    #25918723 -

So I'm considering crafting a variety of stuff.

I know that a bunch of folks here have made their own soap, candles, incense, and the like.

So what have the shroomery trial and errored?

I'm mainly focusing on the soap aspect, but any products that are similar in the category, I'd like to hear about your trials.
I'm a bit concerned about ordering a bulk vat of sodium hydroxide, so I was thinking about buying local at a hardware store.
Not such a big deal to bulk order triglycerides, coconut, animal fats, olive, other varieties of the like.

And that's not to mention mineral salts, and essential oils.

I imagine that the first few batches of soap, and up totally gross and possibility unbalanced in the pH level.
Then once you have a good mixture of getting the desired texture, solidity and pH level... That all changed with the variety of oils and salts you add.

Anyone make bath bombs?

I've always wanted to craft my own soap, like I wanna be able to make specialized blends.  Reactivity with water, color schemes and scents. Would be sweet to make healing soaps, with vitamins and alkaloids.

There's so many variables that I have thought about, I'm certain that I am going to Fuck up a lot of it in trial and error.

Is it weird to buy up like a lot of lye for this?  I mean if I can get some dank soap blends crafted, and end up selling them, I can probably write off the expense as business.

There's so many horrible smelling soaps that I've seen. I want to make stuff that appeals to more than the wookish vegan.

I've even seen artificial mineral crystal soaps, for raw cut birth stones. They can be so colourful and sleek. It makes me wonder about how basifying dyes can ruin colour scheme. And like, some are waxy, which I think is more of a decorative art market item, than a practical usage as well... Soap. But I'm going for usable.

Like I have so many questions about this.

Do you need to use acids to balance the pH level? Or is it a one shot thing, as in you can't compensate for a result that is too basic?

And getting the ratios of oils, so scent is not over powering, and adding mineral ratios, so I can for example, have Epsom salts in a bar, with out fucking up the crystal structure of the salt, so it's like a scrubbing soap...


I has research to do, but let's talk soap people!


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Edited by Salomon (04/06/19 01:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: soap making. tips, tricks, and your experience with fucking it up. [Re: Salomon] * 2
    #25918726 -

One time a friend and I made soap. Next thing I know we are conspiring to destroy society as we know it by creating unbound chaos and mayhem like blowing up credit card companies thus freeing mankind of its perpetual debt and greed. Would do it again though. 10/10.


--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: soap making. tips, tricks, and your experience with fucking it up. [Re: Shiithead]
    #25918766 -

I think they made a documentary about you guys......

Never made soap but looks fun. I wouldnt mind experimenting with THC-laced soap bars or even LSA-laced bars.


--------------------
"A single lifetime in this density can accomplish a refinement of Will that might take far longer in a realm where the truth is always visible" - Zii, Confederation of Planets, GFL Station.

"You will then have national and global contact around 2026." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS (PDF Download) - 312 pages! | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:Canned Computer Duster SAB Tek 👨‍🔬 | Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits | R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: soap making. tips, tricks, and your experience with fucking it up. [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25918822 -

making chocolate mint soap

Asap


--------------------
    :dazedandconfused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: soap making. tips, tricks, and your experience with fucking it up. [Re: Salomon] * 2
    #25919413 -

It doesn't seem awfully difficult, just something you need to practice.

Flowery herbs, milk, eculyptus, and sometimes clove/pine can make for more appealing smell.

I had some homemade cinnamon oatmeal soap that smelled great when it was first made but something in it started to degrade and now it has an off plasticy smell. I only use it to scrub my hands now.

That's another interesting thing to play around with. The oats and cinnamon in that soap make it a good scrubber but too harsh and drying to use on most of the body. I had some kratom soap that was an incredible scrubber but it smelled like kratom with some lavender on top and was far too harsh to use on anything but the hands.

But it did come in handy (ha) when I had paint or something I needed to scrub off.


Bout the only thing I can recommend is either youtube, lots and lots of youtube, or to try to find a soap making class. Lots of big cities and even rural places have them these days. My parents did one a few years ago and it sounded pretty chill. They sipped wine and had silly old people chats during the process.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: soap making. tips, tricks, and your experience with fucking it up. [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #25919576 -

You gotta do it Fight Club style and use human medical waste as some already pointed out. It makes the soap lather up really easy. Bath Salts are where the real money is though.

I never tried making soap. Seems cool though. I like when people make stuff instead of buying it. Once at a festival someone was selling soap made from honey or something and it was shaped like a honeycomb with a bee on it. I got some for my GF and she loved it. You could probably pick up girls by making soap with your phone number on it, LOL.

I remember a Shroomery thread about how often members take a shower and you might be surprised to find out that not many people here shower regularly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: soap making. tips, tricks, and your experience with fucking it up. [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #25920157 -

What kind of soap would you make ?

I like lavender too

Maybe some pink waterelon soap

with a smiely face in it


--------------------
    :dazedandconfused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: soap making. tips, tricks, and your experience with fucking it up. [Re: watermelon mon]
    #25920172 -

The soap I use now is carbon scented which is actually really nice. I would reproduce that and add a little something to it to make it unique

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: soap making. tips, tricks, and your experience with fucking it up. [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #25920175 -

Should get ahold of the pimple doctor off the TV and use lipomas for the fat to saponify.


--------------------
:whyyy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: soap making. tips, tricks, and your experience with fucking it up. [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25920192 -

Nice I like key lime

Traded some soap with women at work , they seem to have loved it

They got coffee , pumpkin, and key lime pie soap


--------------------
    :dazedandconfused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: soap making. tips, tricks, and your experience with fucking it up. [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #25921211 -

CookieCrumbs said:
I had some homemade cinnamon oatmeal soap that smelled great when it was first made but something in it started to degrade and now it has an off plasticy smell. I only use it to scrub my hands now.




Forgot to mention natural preservatives like vitamin E might help with this. Vitamin E is also great for the skin.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: soap making. tips, tricks, and your experience with fucking it up. [Re: Salomon]
    #25921250 -

My grandpa used to make it and it was super good soap but it doesn't smell like anything and doesn't lather as much as you think but I used to use it when really filthy until I ran out


--------------------
  we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What kind of soap do you use?
( 1 2 all )
Morphrying 3,858 28 01/15/03 01:28 PM
by Anonymous
* Caffeine user experiment PjS 2,277 18 01/19/03 03:28 PM
by Bavet
* Trick or Treat!
( 1 2 all )
PapaverS 3,505 20 11/04/02 10:27 PM
by Papaver
* Zippo Tricks
( 1 2 all )
Oscuro_lobo 3,981 21 11/02/02 06:51 PM
by Mojo_Risin
* I think I'm fucked.
( 1 2 3 all )
Seeka 8,888 44 02/21/03 09:13 AM
by baraka
* Mushrooms FUCKING ROCK! Killjoy 2,049 10 03/14/03 10:30 PM
by Killjoy
* Generalizing from experience DragonEyes 1,026 4 12/12/02 01:52 PM
by Morphrying
* Making Pickles
( 1 2 3 4 all )
DustyBottoms 1,246 65 09/10/19 05:10 PM
by gopher

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
296 topic views. 5 members, 18 guests and 172 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.