Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: musiclover420]
    #25869485 -

There's a pretty amazing thread here regarding this very topic.
Probably from a few or several years back.
But there's an extensive list by myself, Burke, and many others noting some of the best classic horror films we enjoy and have been critically acclaimed throughout the years.

USTF, OP> :macdre:


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: kr0nik0]
    #25869687 -

Well, where's the link so we can revive that old thread?

Any fan of classic classic horror should be familiar with The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra (2001)



Someone mentioned From Beyond, a great flick btw, Re-Animator, of course, and I'm sure everyone has seen Creepshow and the sequels to that.

American Werewolf in London?

The Howling?

'Critters' was fun...

Motel Hell with the whip scene?

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (w/ Merl from Walking Dead)

The Hunger (Bowie & Sarandon)


Dawn of the Dead (Romero's great, disastrous follow-up that was supposed to set the scene and explain the whole 'zombie' world that he'd created but ran out of time and funds)

Etc. I could just Google up an "80's Horror List" but that'd take the fun out it! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: eieio]
    #25869692 -

Pretty much any Japanese horror movie.

They are legit scary.  Like fucking terrifying.

The Ring.  The Grudge, etc.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: eieio]
    #25869712 -

eieio said:
Well, where's the link so we can revive that old thread?





UTSF! :crankey:


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #25869720 -

musiclover420 said:
Been watching some more classic Vincent Price movies, watched The Bat and am watching Diary Of a Madman Now. Going to watch Haunted Palace next which is a loose Lovecraft adaption that sounds very interesting :strokebeard:

Vincent Price is also in 8~ different Poe novel adaptions :toke:



Saw a movie recently that he was a supporting actor, called "his kind of woman", pretty cool role tho, a little diff than your used to seeing him


--------------------
Eat everyday

Edited by Tonydanzawillpay (03/12/19 01:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: watermelon mon]
    #25869758 -

Both descents were good I thought.

"High Tension" off beat horror classic.

"Hard Candy" *shudder* (but he deserved it)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: kr0nik0]
    #25869932 -

kr0nik0 said:
eieio said:
Well, where's the link so we can revive that old thread?





UTSF! :crankey:




Aint nobody got time f'dat! But seriously. I looked and didn't see one that stood out? Plus, everyone is in a rush to post and be seen! yay lookit me I'm online, ma! Woooo! The world is my audience!


But seriously again, you haven't lived until you've macrodosed naringin, robotussin, mushrooms and 3 forties of OE on the comedown while watching this spine-tingler w/ friends!

Dr Caligari (1989/porn studio version)


S'perfect because the plot doesn't really make sense so as you go in and out of consciousness this crazy shit is on in the background. Better than a roomful of friends tripping to porn! Trust me...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Tonydanzawillpay]
    #25869991 -

Tonydanzawillpay said:
musiclover420 said:
Been watching some more classic Vincent Price movies, watched The Bat and am watching Diary Of a Madman Now. Going to watch Haunted Palace next which is a loose Lovecraft adaption that sounds very interesting :strokebeard:

Vincent Price is also in 8~ different Poe novel adaptions :toke:



Saw a movie recently that he was a supporting actor, called "his kind of woman", pretty cool role tho, a little diff than your used to seeing him



He was in a ton of stuff over the decades, all sorts of comedy movies and random roles. He even did some voice acting. Also was in a lot of TV shows.

Definitely an amazing actor :awesomenod:

Here's a real old classic I've been considering watching:



From 1941.



I vaguely remember watching this movie on TV as a kid :strokebeard:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Edited by musiclover420 (03/12/19 03:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: eieio]
    #25870226 -

Looks and sounds like they copied "Forbidden Zone" somewhat.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25882350 -

Just watched The Fly and am watching the sequel The Fly Returns now, both are some classic late 50's sci fi/horror.

Going to watch Madhouse (1974) next :strokebeard:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: musiclover420]
    #25882351 -

I just remembered a weird one called "Pieces".
Also "Driller Killer"


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #25891250 -

Just watched a very trippy recent horror movie called Mandy, from 2018. Had a classic feel in many ways though, super beautiful/psychedelic lighting. It's about a crazy drug cult:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandy_(2018_film)



Not the biggest Nicholas Cage fan but thought he did a great job overall.

Anyways about to watch some more classic stuff, John Carpenter's Apocalypse Trilogy. Which is an unofficial trilogy consisting of The Thing, Prince of Darkness, and In The Mouth Of Madness:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Mouth_of_Madness

Can't even remember if I've ever watched The Thing, and the other two both look good :strokebeard:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Edited by musiclover420 (03/22/19 11:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: musiclover420]
    #25891550 -

Man, I’ve been meaning to watch Mandy for a while. I hear it’s really good, and it has the final score of composer Johan Johansson, who passed away last year.  It’s guaranteed to have cool music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25892892 -

Burke Dennings said:
Man, I’ve been meaning to watch Mandy for a while. I hear it’s really good, and it has the final score of composer Johan Johansson, who passed away last year.  It’s guaranteed to have cool music.



Definitely check it out, kind of reminded me of psychedelic Rambo or something partway through. With some Hellraiser like freaks and a weird cult :lol:

The lighting alone is so trippy I've been considering buying it on DVD just to have it in HD :strokebeard:

Spent like 20~ minutes watching some weird 2016 thriller movie called Mandy before realizing it was the wrong movie that the stream site had hosted (had a picture of the 2018 mandy)


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: musiclover420]
    #25903391 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: kr0nik0]
    #25903393 -

Burial Ground, zombie movie where they hired a dwarf to play a kid so they could have an incestuous sub plot


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Good horror movies to download?
( 1 2 all )
License_to_Chill 4,865 31 01/25/06 04:50 AM
by FungusMan
* Rare horror movie soundtracks LearyfanS 2,749 17 11/19/02 06:23 PM
by Learyfan
* Whats a good Horror movie
( 1 2 all )
Atheist 2,769 31 06/10/06 04:22 PM
by coda
* Greatest horror movie of all time... Irradiated_Feces 1,212 18 06/15/05 06:44 PM
by gema
* ~-:Movie~Quotes:-~
( 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 )
Phychotron 15,007 309 07/22/04 12:06 AM
by OMNiKiLLeR
* Horror films
( 1 2 all )
Trav 3,398 23 10/29/05 05:41 PM
by faslimy
* ideas for Halloween.. *DELETED* ricochet 534 1 01/12/05 01:05 AM
by Burke Dennings
* Happy Halloween
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 4,265 53 10/31/09 03:58 PM
by Lazy Smurf

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,555 topic views. 9 members, 25 guests and 210 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.