Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down]
    #25842106 -

Calm_A_Llama_Down said:
Have you seen "puppet master: the littlest Reich"? I haven't yet but it looks pretty funny. It has the guy who plays Dangle from reno 911. I got to find a copy of that somewhere.



I wasn’t even aware it existed!  Thanks for the heads up, I’ll search it out.  I’m definitely interested to see Thomas Lennon act in a horror comedy; been loving his work since The State in the 90s (anyone remember that show?).

Music lover, to answer your question, the first Halloween is a classic, full stop.  It’s a great movie even beyond the horror genre.  The third one is a pretty cool movie too- it doesn’t have M Myers in it (weird story about movie marketing), but I think it’s a good stand-alone story.  There’s a few good moments through pretty much any installment in the series.  The following is usually a pretty controversial statement amongst horror fans, but I actually really liked Rob Zombie’s Halloween movies too.  Many people didn’t, but I like his style and additions to the story.  Worth checking out imo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #25842163 -

Movies like: Maniac, Dead And Buried, Dead Alive, Zombie, City Of The Walking Dead, The Gates Of Hell, Driller Killer, Killer Clowns From Outer Space, Last House On The Left (the remakes are good too)...I'm a horror movie fan. Not so much recently, but I still watch them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25842330 -

“House of 1000 Corpses”


--------------------
           

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Phegnomeanon] * 1
    #25844886 -

Some of my top rated horrors

Schramm (1993) By the director of Nekromantik

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schramm_(film)

Brain Damage (1988) by the director of basket case

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094793/?ref_=adv_li_tt

Wicker man 1973 Original one is classic folk horror

Manson Family (1997) psychedelic classic

House (1977) From Japan

Return of the Living Dead (1985) Punk zombies in the 80s

Santa Sangre Jodorowsky's only horror film


Boxers Omen (1983) Crazy shaw Bros martial arts mixed with horror and Buddhist religious beliefs

Jacob's Ladder 1990

Most of the 70s and 80s output of Italian director's Argento and Fulci almost everything from Carpenter.  Martin and first three living dead films by Romero
All three Evil Deads. Everything by Cronenberg. Halloween 3. American werewolf in London, the howling, the shining, Texas chainsaw, Silence of the lambs, Planet terror, company of wolves

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: viraldrome]
    #25844918 -

Poltergeist
The exorcist (original one)
The omen (original one)
We need to talk about Kevin
Blair witch (I watched this in the cinema then went home and walked my dog in the fields behind my house in pitch dark, nearly shit my trunks)
Nightmare on elm street (liked these when I was a kid, not so much now)


--------------------


"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: viraldrome] * 2
    #25845271 -

Good choices! I loved those itallian zombie flicks too. I took this pic a long time ago at a shpongle dj set in Dallas TX., reminded me of it when you first posted your avvy.


@ bumholio: The new BW's are pretty good I thought.:shrug:


--------------------

Edited by tyrannicalrex (03/01/19 07:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25845468 -

The Incredible Shrinking Man

The Birds

Clockwork Orange

Last House on the Left

The Blair Witch Project

Poltergeist

The  Exorcist....probably best of all time IMHO


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #25845571 -

Creature From The Black Lagoon

Halloween and 3 Season Of The Witch ( I adore them all really, even the Busta and LL Cool J ones)

The Rainbow and The Serpent, a good Craven flick

I know it's not classic but I have to say because I saw it mentioned. Blair Witch was pretty damn decent.

Edited by MoonFarmer (03/01/19 10:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: musiclover420]
    #25845664 -

Have you guys ever seen the movie "Idol Hands"? It's a great film for sure. Stoner comedy + horror with some great performances.


--------------------
She/Her🏳️‍⚧️

Libertine Gramscian social-reconstructionist

:blazed::spinleaf::bongload:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down]
    #25845803 -

I just watched "galaxy of horrors " last night . Definitely a bad one but unlike bad movies that are very weird and I had never even heard of it  but kinda cool different scifi space horror movie.


--------------------
<--This fuckin guy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: lighthouse09]
    #25845938 -

lighthouse09 said:
I just watched "galaxy of horrors " last night . Definitely a bad one but unlike bad movies that are very weird and I had never even heard of it  but kinda cool different scifi space horror movie.



you mean?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: trees]
    #25846085 -

trees said:
Not really conventional horror but 'the terror' was an instant classic 10 episode series of really great thoughtful and intricate, & historical quality





The book is turned into a series? Awesome. I will check that out


--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Tripsurfer]
    #25868901 -

Been watching some more classic Vincent Price movies, watched The Bat and am watching Diary Of a Madman Now. Going to watch Haunted Palace next which is a loose Lovecraft adaption that sounds very interesting :strokebeard:

Vincent Price is also in 8~ different Poe novel adaptions :toke:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: musiclover420]
    #25868978 -

i watched the original 'My Bloody Valentine' recently which i initially saw when i was around 6 or 7 years old and gave me a lot of nightmares along with The Excorcist :nonono:





--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: CrAcKbAbY]
    #25868995 -

Here's some classic horror comedy:

[The Abominable Dr. Phibes 1971](


In HD on youtube as well :awesomenod:

Here's the IMDB for it: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066740/

Very excited to give it a watch, haven't seen too much classic horror comedy but this one sounds very fun.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: musiclover420]
    #25869181 -

The Exorcist comes to mind. (All that fake green puke!) :lol:

I'm really into more bad\ b horror movies.

Blood Diner (1987) being a prime example, and I recommend it to anyone willing to give it a go.

Edit: let's not forget Psycho (1960) or Bride Of Frankenstein.

Edited by RockyRaccoon (03/12/19 08:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: RockyRaccoon]
    #25869196 -

In that case: "Street Trash"
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094057/

Basket Case
Xtro (1982 movie)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: RockyRaccoon]
    #25869209 -

I know this flies in the face of the spirit of this thread, but is anyone looking forward to any upcoming horror films?  I’m stoked to see Peele’s ‘Us’, I thought he did great with ‘Get Out’, and Us looks even better.

The sequel to 2017’s ‘It’ comes out this year.  I wasn’t over the moon about It, but it was okay and I look forward to seeing how they complete the adaptation.

The new ‘Child’s Play’ looks surprisingly decent, for a Chucky movie.  I like Aubrey Plaza, be neat to see if she branches out her acting some, or just plays her one “character” as the mom.

The new ‘Pet Semetary’ looks like garbage imo, but people are gonna pay to see it.

The horror movie I’m most looking forward to is ‘Midsommar’ by Ari Aster. He made last year’s ‘Hereditary’, and I think that was just fantastic.  Probably my favorite movie of 2018.  I’m getting major Wicker Man vibes from this Midsommar trailer (below).


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25869221 -

It states "classic" not any particular year, so yeah! Good stuff!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25869470 -

the descent 2005


--------------------
    :dazedandconfused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Good horror movies to download?
( 1 2 all )
License_to_Chill 4,865 31 01/25/06 04:50 AM
by FungusMan
* Rare horror movie soundtracks LearyfanS 2,749 17 11/19/02 06:23 PM
by Learyfan
* Whats a good Horror movie
( 1 2 all )
Atheist 2,769 31 06/10/06 04:22 PM
by coda
* Greatest horror movie of all time... Irradiated_Feces 1,212 18 06/15/05 06:44 PM
by gema
* ~-:Movie~Quotes:-~
( 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 )
Phychotron 15,007 309 07/22/04 12:06 AM
by OMNiKiLLeR
* Horror films
( 1 2 all )
Trav 3,398 23 10/29/05 05:41 PM
by faslimy
* ideas for Halloween.. *DELETED* ricochet 534 1 01/12/05 01:05 AM
by Burke Dennings
* Happy Halloween
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 4,265 53 10/31/09 03:58 PM
by Lazy Smurf

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,555 topic views. 6 members, 57 guests and 208 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.