Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Classic horror movies * 1
    #25841242 -

Post some of your favorite old horror movies.

Been watching this old 1959 gem:


House on Haunted Hill (1959) Classic Vincent Price Horror Full Movie


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #25841280 -

Evil Dead II


--------------------
           

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Phegnomeanon]
    #25841301 -

Do ya’ll remember a movie called Fortress about some school kids?

Chopping Mall.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Phegnomeanon] * 1
    #25841304 -

Phegnomeanon said:
Evil Dead II



Army of Darkness is my favorite of those, but it's more goofy then horror :lol:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: musiclover420] * 2
    #25841312 -

Almost any horror movie from 1950-2000. The 70-80's were a "golden age" of prosthetics in horror movies.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: musiclover420] * 3
    #25841352 -

John Carpenter's The Thing is one of my favorites. Came out in 1982 but I consider it a "classic" since it's like the pinnacle of practical effects in horror movies... they don't make shit like that anymore. It's even cooler when you watch the original 1951 Thing From Another World, which had a lame Frankenstein-like vegetable monster.



That's a nice version of House on Haunted Hill for a YouTube upload btw, I'm surprised it's been there since 2016 and hasn't had a copyright strike.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Robo] * 1
    #25841409 -

RoboShaman said:
That's a nice version of House on Haunted Hill for a YouTube upload btw, I'm surprised it's been there since 2016 and hasn't had a copyright strike.



Yeah I was impressed, there's another one up as well with more views. Copyright seems less enforced on some older stuff, though you'd think it would still be strict on some classics.

Speaking of 80's horror the original Chucky is pretty classic, also Hellraiser.

And even more classic is Alien, I enjoyed the first few sequels as well.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 2
    #25841435 -

tyrannicalrex said:
The 70-80's were a "golden age" of prosthetics in horror movies.



David Cronenberg's stuff around that time was pretty awesome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: psi]
    #25841443 -

Scanners comes to mind 1st. The 80's wouldn't be the 80's without Tom Savini. Remember "Fangoria" magazine?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25841470 -

Yeah that was a good one. Videodrome, The Brood, The Fly, Dead Ringers and Rabid are all good. Shivers is a bit too weird. My uncle worked as a carpenter on The Fly and Dead Ringers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Amanita86]
    #25841477 -

Amanita86 said:
Chopping Mall.



Lol, such a fun bad movie.  But I remember being vaguely pissed when I rented it as a kid; the vhs cover art misrepresents the movie a lot, as does the name.  IIRC, there’s not even any chopping. 

I like a lot of horror movies though.  Even the bad ones.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25841803 -

Any fans of the Halloween series? Never watched them too much but I remember one year as a kid they had a marathon on TV with like 8~ halloween movies :lol: the first few were pretty freaky as a kid but damn did they milk the franchise :rofldrunk:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: musiclover420] * 2
    #25841830 -

Oh gosh.

"The mouth of madness" comes to mind

"Pumpkin head" is a must see

"From Beyond"

"The Fly" with Jeff Goldblum

"Day of the dead"

"Predator 2"

"Mad man" from 1981

"Alien"

"Event Horizon"


--------------------
She/Her🏳️‍⚧️

Libertine Gramscian social-reconstructionist

:blazed::spinleaf::bongload:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down]
    #25841847 -

Calm a llama down, have you seen Pumpkinhead recently?  Used to really like that one as a kid, and I rewatched it this past year for the first time since the early 90s, and was surprised by how bad it is.  And I say that as a fan of bad horror.  That’s just my opinion though, maybe it’s just not my kind of movie anymore.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down] * 1
    #25841850 -

musiclover420 said:
Any fans of the Halloween series? Never watched them too much but I remember one year as a kid they had a marathon on TV with like 8~ halloween movies :lol: the first few were pretty freaky as a kid but damn did they milk the franchise :rofldrunk:



They're still milking it. A new one came out last Halloween. I also like the first 2 a lot. Notably bad Halloween movies include Halloween resurrection, with Busta Rhymes in it, and Halloween 3 season of the witch.


--------------------
She/Her🏳️‍⚧️

Libertine Gramscian social-reconstructionist

:blazed::spinleaf::bongload:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down] * 1
    #25841859 -

Not really conventional horror but 'the terror' was an instant classic 10 episode series of really great thoughtful and intricate, & historical quality



--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25841861 -

Burke Dennings said:
Calm a llama down, have you seen Pumpkinhead recently?  Used to really like that one as a kid, and I rewatched it this past year for the first time since the early 90s, and was surprised by how bad it is.  And I say that as a fan of bad horror.  That’s just my opinion though, maybe it’s just not my kind of movie anymore.



I watch Pumpkin head every year around Halloween, or Pumpkin head 2 blood wings if Im feeling up to it. I think it's a pretty great movie. The old witch, the swamp, the snarky city kids. The movie has a lot of ambiance. And the creature is one of the greats. I like the movie still, but it can't be taken seriously either. It's not really an art film like Alien, or Jacobs Ladder, it's campier than that. I would compare it to the movie "House".


--------------------
She/Her🏳️‍⚧️

Libertine Gramscian social-reconstructionist

:blazed::spinleaf::bongload:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down]
    #25841986 -

Haha, I understand.  There’s a bunch of conventionally “bad” movies that I inexplicably love and watch every year.  Night of the Demons, Puppetmaster, Hellraiser 2, etc.  This past year I also watched Poltergeist 3 and liked it, lol. I haven’t seen House or House 2 in a couple decades, should revisit them some time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Burke Dennings] * 1
    #25842010 -

Have you seen "puppet master: the littlest Reich"? I haven't yet but it looks pretty funny. It has the guy who plays Dangle from reno 911. I got to find a copy of that somewhere.


--------------------
She/Her🏳️‍⚧️

Libertine Gramscian social-reconstructionist

:blazed::spinleaf::bongload:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic horror movies [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down]
    #25842066 -

Calm_A_Llama_Down said:
Have you seen "puppet master: the littlest Reich"? I haven't yet but it looks pretty funny. It has the guy who plays Dangle from reno 911. I got to find a copy of that somewhere.



Been wanting to watch that too, since it's the most recent Puppet Master movie.

Quote:
“The Littlest Reich” was in production at the same time as Puppet Master: Axis Termination. The producers have said that this movie takes place in a parallel universe which explains why André Toulon is an evil Nazi this time rather than opposed to the Third Reich.





Might have to watch the 2017 movie as well if they are set in parallel universes :strokebeard:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Good horror movies to download?
( 1 2 all )
License_to_Chill 4,865 31 01/25/06 04:50 AM
by FungusMan
* Rare horror movie soundtracks LearyfanS 2,749 17 11/19/02 06:23 PM
by Learyfan
* Whats a good Horror movie
( 1 2 all )
Atheist 2,770 31 06/10/06 04:22 PM
by coda
* Greatest horror movie of all time... Irradiated_Feces 1,212 18 06/15/05 06:44 PM
by gema
* ~-:Movie~Quotes:-~
( 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 )
Phychotron 15,008 309 07/22/04 12:06 AM
by OMNiKiLLeR
* Horror films
( 1 2 all )
Trav 3,398 23 10/29/05 05:41 PM
by faslimy
* ideas for Halloween.. *DELETED* ricochet 534 1 01/12/05 01:05 AM
by Burke Dennings
* Happy Halloween
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 4,266 53 10/31/09 03:58 PM
by Lazy Smurf

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,555 topic views. 7 members, 28 guests and 277 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.