Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
socialist incentives
    #25872772 -

Suppose you make $60,000/year and the green new deal mandated many new taxes and one's income was substantially lowered.

One might ask themselves, "why should I work so hard and pay taxes when I could work a lower paying job part time, be taxed less, and get free healthcare?"

So how do people find the will to make lots of money in order to give it to the government?


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Edited by XUL (03/14/19 11:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: XUL]
    #25872782 -

They wouldnt. Thats why the shit doesnt work.


--------------------
Just chillin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: XUL] * 3
    #25872856 -

XUL said:
Suppose you make $60,000/year and the green new deal mandated many new taxes and one's income was substantially lowered.

One might ask themselves, "why should I work so hard and pay taxes when I could work a lower paying job part time, be taxed less, and get free healthcare?"

So how do people find the will to make lots of money in order to give it to the government?



Why should we suppose something that is opposite of what the Green New Deal is?  Here are just a few of the things included with the Green New Deal:

- “Guaranteeing a job with a family-sustaining wage, adequate family and medical leave, paid vacations, and retirement security to all people of the United States.”

- “Providing all people of the United States with — (i) high-quality health care; (ii) affordable, safe, and adequate housing; (iii) economic security; and (iv) access to clean water, clean air, healthy and affordable food, and nature.”

This is paid for not by low and middle income workers, but by the super rich.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25872868 -

If thats the case then it wouldnt have to go through legislation. The super rich would just do it to help everyone out. They want everyone to pay more taxes to fund it. Rich people arent just going help people for no reason. Also, the group of “super rich” have nowhere near 93 trillion dollars anyway.


--------------------
Just chillin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: Fryburn] * 1
    #25872983 -

SporeJunkie said:
If thats the case then it wouldnt have to go through legislation. The super rich would just do it to help everyone out.



They're the ones fighting it.  :facepalm:

SporeJunkie said:
They want everyone to pay more taxes to fund it. Rich people arent just going help people for no reason.



Exactly.  That's why we need people who don't take bribes from the rich in power.

SporeJunkie said:
Also, the group of “super rich” have nowhere near 93 trillion dollars anyway.



Don't believe everything you hear on Fox News.

The bogus number at the center of the GOP’s Green New Deal attacks


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: XUL] * 3
    #25873254 -

XUL said:
Suppose you make $60,000/year and the green new deal mandated many new taxes and one's income was substantially lowered.

One might ask themselves, "why should I work so hard and pay taxes when I could work a lower paying job part time, be taxed less, and get free healthcare?"

So how do people find the will to make lots of money in order to give it to the government?



That's a flawed model of how income and income tax works. XUL, when it's tax time do you turn down raises so you pay less taxes? If so, then it would explain why you would think this way.

Just because you pay more tax at $60k than somebody at $40k doesn't mean you take home less money.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25873266 -

Whos fighting it? These people are polititions man. You dont think AOC is gonna move out of her luxurious high rise to help us small folk do you? Theyre all wanting money too. This is all business to them.


--------------------
Just chillin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25873443 -

The green new deal also says people can still receive welfare if they choose to opt out of work. With that said, Just check this idea for a minute.

Joe Blow has some saved cash and can see the green new deal is coming along. Instead of putting up with increased taxes or working at all, Joe Blow decides to buy 100 Acres, change jobs to 20 hours a week for minimum wage, collect free healthcare, and maybe some food stamps. The guy also grows his own food and hunts. So, the only thing the guy has to continually pay is land taxes. He pays the taxes while getting everything else for free from the government. That is, the money he used to make now comes in the form of free healthcare and food because he now qualifies.

It's kind of like taking advantage of the system, isn't it?


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: XUL] * 3
    #25873522 -

I’ve never understood why conservatives worry so much about what other people are getting. There’s always going to be the bottom 10% of the population of underachievers. You spend so much time concerned about the scraps they get unfairly. Get over it. It’s like you want to live in shit society where nobody gets any help just becasue there are people who will take advantage of it.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: koods]
    #25873531 -

Because they get it from us while were out working our asses off. Im tired of seeing fat fucks on 1000 dollar phones and foodstamps, saying theyre disabled and getting welfare checks just because they dont wanna get off their lazy asses and work. It also takes a lot of money away from people who are actually disabled and really cant work making their quality of life go down.


--------------------
Just chillin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: XUL]
    #25873538 -

Quote:
oe Blow has some saved cash and can see the green new deal is coming along. Instead of putting up with increased taxes or working at all, Joe Blow decides to buy 100 Acres, change jobs to 20 hours a week for minimum wage, collect free healthcare, and maybe some food stamps. The guy also grows his own food and hunts.



  I don’t think you mean hunting I think you mean poaching .  Unless you have some kinda freaky feral pig infestation or something it’s really fucking hard to sustain yourself hunting .  Have you ever been hunting ? 100 acres is nothing for a hunting area that won’t support enough game to feed yourself for a significant amount of time. Very few people are going to do that.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: Fryburn]
    #25873541 -

Yup. There are lazy people in the world. Get over it.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: koods]
    #25873544 -

I wont get over it until I have to stop paying them for being lazy.


--------------------
Just chillin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: Fryburn]
    #25873571 -

So you're going to get over it approximately at your death or shortly there after. Nice.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: christopera]
    #25873576 -

Nope still wont.


--------------------
Just chillin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: Fryburn]
    #25873585 -

You're taking that angst to the pearly gates to yell at brown man in the sky!


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: XUL]
    #25873592 -

XUL said:
Suppose you make $60,000/year and the green new deal mandated many new taxes and one's income was substantially lowered.

One might ask themselves, "why should I work so hard and pay taxes when I could work a lower paying job part time, be taxed less, and get free healthcare?"

So how do people find the will to make lots of money in order to give it to the government?



What’s the difference in the tax rate for someone making 60k before and after the green new deal would take effect?

What I’m asking is
How much more in taxes would someone have to pay if the green new deal would take effect?

I know nothing about the green new deal so I need a breakdown


--------------------


Rate me here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: Fryburn] * 3
    #25873601 -

Quote:
wont get over it until I have to stop paying them for being lazy.




 
The chances of you and your family getting robbed, raped and murdered will go up 100% if that happens
  Its worse if you don’t pay. When I first started going to south America there were no social services at all . People were so desperate and things were so bad you needed a machine gun to feel safe going anywhere . Law enforcement carried grenade launchers in shopping malls . Do you know what a dude standing 10 ft from you with a grenade launcher while your buying pants feels like ? It’s hell of allot weirder than paying taxes and feeling like someone else is benefiting somehow because of it .
  What I’m getting at here is our govt doesn’t really have the ability to control the masses through force . Without things like food stamps and other services like that that we could lose control of a bad situation pretty fast .


--------------------


Edited by Psilynut2 (03/14/19 10:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #25873619 -

That’s why they came up with Social Security, we had old folks dying in the streets

It was the same shit then as it is now, commie, socialist, no new taxes, I don’t wanna pay for some old lazy person who didn’t save any money.

The fact of the matter is we can’t have people dying in the streets, it’s not a good look


--------------------


Rate me here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: socialist incentives [Re: Psilynut2]
    #25873635 -

First, There are hunts all year.

Further, one or two deer is enough for an entire winter.

Second, farming crops for canning/root cellar and raising livestock brings in a shit load of food!

Eggs, chicken, pigs, etc.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Edited by XUL (03/14/19 11:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bush?s Socialist Disaster Evolving 2,185 12 11/07/04 09:44 AM
by Aldous
* Socialist Leads U.S. Senate Race in Vt. RandalFlagg 812 2 05/29/05 09:25 PM
by Annapurna1
* Take On Washington From Within Washington fireworks_godS 1,167 8 02/06/08 09:46 AM
by Icelander
* Evidence Surfaces That Obama Was Member of a Socialist "New Party"
( 1 2 3 4 all )
lonestar2004 7,015 71 10/25/08 10:37 AM
by zouden
* Washington State Election Fiasco Divided_Sky 608 1 12/04/04 08:21 PM
by Ancalagon
* HITLER WAS A SOCIALIST
( 1 2 3 all )
lonestar2004 5,302 40 02/25/07 12:16 PM
by gluke bastid
* 59 Socialists in Congress - 2002
( 1 2 all )
Ellis Dee 2,380 22 09/20/02 09:11 PM
by Albino_Jesus
* Why Does Washington Hate Saddam? Anonymous 695 1 03/22/03 01:57 PM
by rhizo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
1,227 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.