Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: 10cc Syringe

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
intravenous booze
    #2543157 - 04/09/04 01:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

not that im in any way interested in this, in fact it sounds damn right stupid, but im just wondering if anyone has ever intravenously taken alcohol like steve-o.

I take it, it hits u a damn sight faster. more intesley?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: intravenous booze [Re: bubkuss]
    #2543219 - 04/09/04 02:07 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Been there, done that, blah blah blah...

It takes many, many, many, CCs to feel the slightest bit of anything. Think about how much blood you have, and what volume of alcohol it would take to get the necessary blood-alcohol level. You mostly just taste a little on your tongue...

It's pretty much unnecessary, not of great efficacy, and injection always involves some risk, and potential vascular damage, so it's not really the brightest idea, but desperate needle freaks will do anything when going through an unplanned and unscheduled set of withdrawals...

--------------------

Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
Re: intravenous booze [Re: Papaver]
    #2543242 - 04/09/04 02:14 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

so are you saying that you feel more having drunk the same amount of alcohol as having injected it? seems rather strange that.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2543340 - 04/09/04 02:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

No, I'm saying that the amount you would have to inject -- which would be measured in Ounces and not CCs -- is far more fluid than I would ever put into my vascular system. I think I've injected 3-5 CCs before, and didn't feel shit -- because that's not very much, in terms of the necessary amount of ethanol to create actual intoxication. Please do the math, and don't try this at home. It's not worth it, and injection is not the smartest move, unless you really know what you're doing. And if you do know what you're doing, then you would know better than to try this, unless you were way past the boundaries of sanity -- like I was the time I tried it...

At that time, I also made a four foot square abstract painting directly on my way with my own blood -- it was interesting how the fresher layers would slowly fade into the same shit brown color of the lower layers over the day's passage...

I was a sick pup, at that time... I think I'll spare everyone the rest of the details...

PS: I also realize that I was fighting extremely elevated norepinephrine levels at the time I was injecting alcohol, from heroin withdrawal, which would tend to counter the GABAergic effect of the ethanol. However, that being said, a simple look at the basic math tells me that, even without these heightened adrenergic levels, that it would still require too much fluid to be injected for my comfort level at any rate... I've done a lot of stupid shit in my day, but the idea of forcefully introducing ounces of fluid into the vascular system via injection sounds very ill-advised indeed...

--------------------

Offlinepsyborg
psy addict.

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #2543373 - 04/09/04 02:38 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I tried it and took about 10 CC's and definatelly felt a buzz from that. But I do agree that it is not smart, definatelly cant be healthy. Warm sensation running through my body was pretty kewl though.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: intravenous booze [Re: psyborg]
    #2543428 - 04/09/04 02:48 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, 10 CCs is definitely way past what I'd ever forcefully inject into my vascular system. That's a lot of fluid!

Also, I'll leave this question up to our medically trained friends, but isn't alcohol-dehydrogenase distributed in the gut as well as the liver, and wouldn't you be bypassing a fair amount of this enzyme by injection, leading the neuro-tissues to become dangerously saturated in solvent, at intoxication levels? I'm not a doctor, and I don't even play one on TV, but I'm not sure that injection of alcohol is a smart idea on several levels...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: 10cc Syringe

Community >> The Pub