Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Non Innovator

No Cure for Misconceptions?
    #2523679 - 04/04/04 04:44 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I know this falls outside of the realm of "Trip Tips" on a technical level, but I'm interested in finding a grounded concensus within this community...

Of late strolling through these boards has become every bit of a taxing experience. Aside from the veterans who have been around here awhile and are quite experienced with the effects, psychology, spirituality and fun of our mutual opiet, I have become quite alarmed at the number of individuals who come here and eloquently offer, "im tryin mush 4 da 1st time. doin 7g. any advise on music to lissen to when trippin?" After I read these posts, I honestly don't know how to feel. I mean, it's quite obvious that this wreckless behavior is showing a strict lack of respect for his/her body, the substance itself and a discipline for restraint - but that person really doesn't know this fact. Unfortunately, you can pretty much set your watch to a lively debate over trip music - further pushing the individuals misconception of the drug into the stratosphere.

I think my overstated and redundant point in this post is simply my frustration in trying to convey reality to a kid wanting to try shrooms that really is in over his/her head. But, in truth, I wonder if I have a right to try to pound my excessive lecture into their heads. When considering the fact that I recieved the same lecture, ignored it and truthfully was only searching to locate an alternative opiet to Marijuana due to the fact that I was my Football team's starting Left Tackle and would be drug tested. I tried it, and was caught very much off of my guard. Looking back, I doubt there was anything anyone could have told me that would have changed my dive head-first into seven grams of dried Amazonian, but I wear it now like a war scar. I had to experience it to develope a respect for it and learn the psychology and thought behind it.

Can any seasoned shroomers relate or share a similar experience? Is there any cure for misconception and disillusionment? Thoughts are appreciated.

Corporate Slut

Edited by Pablo_Escobar (04/04/04 04:46 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: No Cure for Misconceptions? [Re: Pablo_Escobar]
    #2523761 - 04/04/04 05:27 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That's why we have these boards. It helps people get good advice about tripping. Fortunately, when I first tried shrooms, I underestimated the dose, so I didn't have any sort of terrifying experience.

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience