Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Mental opiate addiction?
    #25194070 -

So, I've been developing a problem with opiates over the past 2 months.

It started with a 2 week oxy binge, which led to minor but painful physical withdrawals lasting about 4 days.

On day 6 I took more oxy, and did so for the next 2 days (so 3 days).

After that, no more physical withdrawals, but constant cravings.

So, ive been doing oxy for 1-4 days, quitting for a few days (at the least 3) then doing oxy for 1-4 days.  (this is not intentional, i give into cravings).

And ive been doing this for the past 2 months following that initial binge, but the thing that is missing is physical withdrawal.

I feel like im mentally dependent on oxy, my question is can i keep this up and avoid physcial withdrawals (assuming i keep 3-6 days between small binges). or is it impossible?

Also, why did i get (physical) withdrawals from the initial binge, but they didn't return after the smaller binges?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #25196648 -

Eventually the physical withdrawals will come. Although a bit slower than if you continuously binge.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #2] * 1
    #25197079 -

I'm just gonna put it out there that YOU KNOW this path isn't going to end well. With any addictive substance, there's always that convincing yourself and justifying why you can do it. But in reality you know it should end while you're just hiding from that truth to obviously keep taking the drug.

Regret is a real thing

and there's reasons people go to a bleak and miserable place with these things after awhile

yeah sure its fun and exciting at first and yeah maybe you think youre doing well so far

but without you even realizing it, that Oxy is changing your brain forever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #25200963 -

Stop now while you can.  Opiates will permanently change your primal reward system in the brain, you will no longer be able to experience joy and have motivation like you did before use.  I'm 39 now and have been clean for a few years and it definitely has had a negative affect on me that I'll probably never fully recover from.  I wish I had truly known the risks before I tried them many years ago.

I'm not in a terrible place or anything, actually quite successful, but I deal with the mental challenges every single minute of every single day.  It's not worth it.

<3

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #25203344 -

Physical withdrawal from opiates on any level is hell on earth but it's really the mental that's the hardest to overcome or no one would relapse after marked periods of sobriety.

You're playing a serious game of russian roulette if you keep doing what you're doing. This is progressive. Soon what you are doing will spiral. It's just what happens with addiction, physical and mental, across the board.

The way to handle mental cravings is not to give in to them but rather figure out a healthy way to cope with them. Cravings are fleeting, temporary feelings. Get up, move around. Practice mindfulness. Go for a walk, a run. Find routine. Listen to music. Punch something that isn't destructive to self, others, or property. Dance. Call someone. Go for a drive with music blasting, windows rolled down. Meditate. Find whatever works for you. You'll find that it gets easier as time goes but sometimes cravings will hit, sometimes it will make sense and sometimes it will seem as though it comes out of nowhere. You just can't obsess over it or sit in it otherwise you will use the drug you are trying to avoid. It's inevitable in that case.

Sometimes it takes time, it certainly takes work, to figure out what works for oneself but it's a hurdle that can be overcome. The biggest thing is not to do it alone. As they say, in situations like these, "the mind is a dangerous neighborhood, no one should go there alone". & you don't have to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #25205439 -

Anonymous #5 said:
Physical withdrawal from opiates on any level is hell on earth but it's really the mental that's the hardest to overcome or no one would relapse after marked periods of sobriety.

You're playing a serious game of russian roulette if you keep doing what you're doing. This is progressive. Soon what you are doing will spiral. It's just what happens with addiction, physical and mental, across the board.

The way to handle mental cravings is not to give in to them but rather figure out a healthy way to cope with them. Cravings are fleeting, temporary feelings. Get up, move around. Practice mindfulness. Go for a walk, a run. Find routine. Listen to music. Punch something that isn't destructive to self, others, or property. Dance. Call someone. Go for a drive with music blasting, windows rolled down. Meditate. Find whatever works for you. You'll find that it gets easier as time goes but sometimes cravings will hit, sometimes it will make sense and sometimes it will seem as though it comes out of nowhere. You just can't obsess over it or sit in it otherwise you will use the drug you are trying to avoid. It's inevitable in that case.

Sometimes it takes time, it certainly takes work, to figure out what works for oneself but it's a hurdle that can be overcome. The biggest thing is not to do it alone. As they say, in situations like these, "the mind is a dangerous neighborhood, no one should go there alone". & you don't have to.



Excellent Advice, please take heed.  Let us know how your doing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #25205569 -

been there done that. thought could just stay on the do for a day or 2 then 3 days off... eventually every other day tehn every day then every few hrs moneys gone and cant get out of bed without it... if you feel you already have an issue just go ahead and stop now before its MUCH MUCH harder. dont care how strong you are when you try and stop and have worst flu ever for weeks with no end in sight u will wish u stopped before habit and tolerance got high.  if find u need to do the slightest bit more to reach effects its time to take a several week break.  or in 4 years u will be making trips to the methadone clinic and believe that.

you have heard all the stories and you know what u need to do man!!  If have a bit of a craving just take a bit of kratom for sleep! works wonders and saved my ass when was traveling MANY times.

opiates are the best for alot fo reasons, always can sleep always can stay awake longer if need to never get a cold (or just dont get coughs or runny nose lol or throat nevr hurt lol) no social anxiety. BUT ends in being physically dependant mental is whatever but usually is steming from start of physical dependance as ur body KNOWS it wants more and lets u know. Just please trust people, cant outsmart it, I thought i could 100% no doubt in my mind... but all of a sudden something changes stressful thing in your life or a buddy who wants to do it more and say sure then those blissful days in the sun turn to cold sweets of waiting to meet "buddy" and costs 80-100 bucks to not be sick for half a day. fentenol is cheap but tolerance factor jumps SOO fast as its so short acting even with pure 100% shit and will leave u in a VERY VERY bad situation when dont have it.

point being stop while its easy, u know its going to be a problem for u and serious withdrawls are not fun or cool or pass quickly, 2 weeks was longest i went and barely any change in how bad it was.... and those 2 weeks seemed like 6 months wishing away time liek that is not fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #25206202 -

Well, I went 7 days without using so far.

I almost slipped up on day 3, went in the bathroom to take some oxy.

Without really thinking, I threw them all in the toilet and flushed it really fast. Instantly regretted that shit with every ounce of my soul :lol:

But I broke through the habit of using atleast once a week and don't see any reason to use again.

Im still having cravings but they are getting easier to resist, especially since I dont have any oxy immediately available.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #25207838 -

Anonymous #1 said:
Well, I went 7 days without using so far.

I almost slipped up on day 3, went in the bathroom to take some oxy.

Without really thinking, I threw them all in the toilet and flushed it really fast. Instantly regretted that shit with every ounce of my soul :lol:

But I broke through the habit of using atleast once a week and don't see any reason to use again.

Im still having cravings but they are getting easier to resist, especially since I dont have any oxy immediately available.




Good Job,  it's quite a feat to flush oxys like that.  Get some months under your belt and you'll never look back...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #25226487 -

I was using now and then for 4 months and 2-3 times a week for 2 months and i thought i got pneumonia or something cuz it was so bad, all of a sudden, i didnt realize i got addicted because i thought it was impossible if i wasnt using daily.

I decided to lock myself in my room and wait it out without the help of any medication or other drugs, which maybe wasnt the best idea ever. I was sick for 2 weeks, constantly throwing up, shaking, wishing to die, having apocaliptical thoughts really, barely eating anything.

I barely used from then on, but when i did it had to be serious quantities to get me high and in the end i found myself using once after a long time, see it had no effect, try again the next day and the flu like symptoms struck me once again and i ended up sick after using just 2 times so i did it for a week and havent used since.

What helped me wasnt medication, relaxation, listening to music, exercise, but finding a partner who openly said he would NOT date someone whos using which seemed to me, of course, as emotional blackmail but in the end i found myself for the first time in years spending days thinking about my partner or just normal shit and having goals instead of just thinking about heroin all the time. Seriously, falling in love was the only thing to save me and now i maybe think about it once a month. I also quit other drugs like weed, i drink the occassional beer but not too much, because getting high just sort of reminds you of how it is. Be mindful of what kind of music you listen to, the lyrics or sounds can be a serious trigger.

I myself was completely addicted mentally, fantacized about it all the fucking time, and im tellig you, it IS possible to getover that but the only thing that helped me was falling in love with something/someone else. Also dont spend time with people who do drugs and talk about them all the time, even if its just weed. I was about to go to a treatment center where id be locked up for years and now i dont need that. Be strong. You can do it.ask me anything you want

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #25226626 -

Ooh, your post concerns me. I am happy that you were able to quit but to put that on falling in love is dangerous. What happens if he or she leaves? What happens when everything else falls away?

I hope you find a full spectrum of fulfillment, if you haven't already, because placing your sobriety on a relationship or love is shaky ground, in my opinion.

Also, I know no one wants to be locked away but I did a significant amount of long term treatment and it was life changing in a very positive way. Maybe consider it. I never would have thought I'd get what I did from it and it's not about the drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #25227149 -

Its not that im that clingy or whatever byt just being with a person and talking everything through and spending time not being high like going to the beach or the restaurant kinda shifted my attention from cravings to actually seeing that life can be full of other things, too.

I think even if this person left me, he changed me forever, id just build on this new mentality. Previously i was just getting high thinking the right person would never come by, now i realize you have to BE the right person to attract people alike. Means i wouldnt go back to drugs, not even think about them even if i were single now. Looks like i needed someone to convince me im a better, could be a better person cause i didnt see that myself.

Im sceptical of treatment centres because i spent a prolonged time in mental hospital and it just seemed to make things worse. Being surrounded by mentally ill people didnt help me, all they ever talked about was medication and problems. I am sceptical of trained personell because that didnt help me either. And everybody i know was in treatment relapsed right after they got back.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #25263701 -

That is exactly how I became addicted to Oxys. The physical withdrawal will catch up with the mental. And it’s painful and it fucking sucks. I’ve been on Suboxone for almost 10 years bc of Oxy. Stop doing it now before it’s too late.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #25264480 -

Any update on how you're doing?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #25266098 -

I didn't take any oxy for about 3 weeks. I took oxy last weekend though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #25266378 -

How did you get the oxy?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental opiate addiction? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #25267440 -

From my friend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anger issues Anonymous 466 9 06/15/18 05:41 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
895 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.