Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineparticlezen
breaking openthe head
 User Gallery

Loc: 2,000 light years from ho...
Intense body-loads?
    #2467374 - 03/24/04 01:23 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Last time I tripped, everything was perfect except the rather intense body-load. The visuals were fab, but I couldn't relax or stop thoughts of "I wish this would calm down a bit" ( total annoying thought-loop situation that involved checking the time constantly to see if I had peaked yet )because the physical sensations were just too much. I felt restless and tried smoking endless tabs, and then going for a walk ( stars were amazing ) but my legs were like jelly and it was far too cold for comfort. It was all a bit "raaahh".

Any suggestions for next time? :rasta:

--------------------

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Intense body-loads? [Re: particlezen]
    #2467594 - 03/24/04 02:30 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:stash::spliff: :bong:

Smoke a bowl
Especially on the come-up, it eases much of the tense feelings. Since mushrooms come on in waves, it gets you feeling a little nervous about what will happen. Or at least, you feel jittery, maybe twitchy, maybe just that your body is 'feeling' too much.  Just smoke a bit, and that will calm down quite a bit.  But there's no doubt your peak will still be intense.
To keep out of thought loop situations, I always change something around me, get my mind working around somethign else.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2467602 - 03/24/04 02:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

what exactly is "smoking endless tabs" ?

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: Intense body-loads? [Re: Infrared]
    #2467642 - 03/24/04 02:47 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeepBlue42 said:

Smoking sheets of LSD :tongue:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Offlineparticlezen
breaking openthe head
 User Gallery

Loc: 2,000 light years from ho...
Re: Intense body-loads? [Re: Infrared]
    #2467654 - 03/24/04 02:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeepBlue42 said:

slang for "cigarettes"

--------------------

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Offlinemonkey_monkey
lover

Loc: UK
    #2467713 - 03/24/04 03:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I got exactly the same thing last time i did shrooms. We did approx 30g (fresh) cubensis each and I couldn't stop thinking "ive done too many" We spent most of the time lying down on the floor just trying to keep still...it felt like the whole room was spinning and warping. I didnt open my eyes for about 3 hours because the visuals were just too damn hectic!!  :crazy2:
At one point I felt completely detached from my body and I just kept wanting it to slow up a bit...All good though...I just prefer to be a bit more up and active when im tripping....This one was certainly a physical one....Seen ya on Graemes site methinks...

--------------------
Monkeys need lovin too!

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #2467716 - 03/24/04 03:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Try keeping yourself occupied for that harsh comeup. This is all I can think of. It does get overwhelming, so all you can do is try to ground yourself in reality somehow. Maybe play with a trip-toy, take a walk or go on an adventure. Smoking weed certainly helps the nausea side of the comeup.

The overwhelming feelings are going to confront you if you continue to go deeper. However, it's like life, you deal with it and you become numb to those bad feelings. Each time it gets easier.

Changing your location can help to change your mindstate

Did you feel fine on the peak?

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Intense body-loads? [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2467772 - 03/24/04 03:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ArmFromTheAbyss1 said:
Try keeping yourself occupied for that harsh comeup.

Thats the only thing that works for me.  :thumbup:  I always have very anxious comeups, and if I don't distract myself it can spill over into the trip itself. 

Things I've done in the past after I've injested mushrooms are:

:mushroom2: Reading.  I'm a big reader anyway, so it really helped me to just relax with a good book and get dissolved in the story.  I've also looked at pretty art books to help my nerves. 

Speaking of art...

:mushroom2: Painting a picture on some canvas!!  Very soothing to do during the comeup, if only a little bit messy.  Plus the art is awesome to look at when the trip actually starts. 

:mushroom2: Clipped and painted my toenails.  It really worked!  :grin: It kept me busy and there was something comforting about doing something so mundane while waiting for the experience to happen.  Before I knew it I was tripping and loving it. 

:mushroom2: Played a card game.  I often will just play a few games of Uno with my husband while we are coming up.  Not only does it comfort to have something to occupy your mind with, but it has a tendency to get hilariously silly when the mushies start kicking in. 

Then, as soon as things start to look a bit strange and out of balance, I calmly put my "comeup items" away, start some music, dim the lights and allow the trip to get started. 

Maybe some of these activities will work for you? 

Good luck!  :heart:

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2467780 - 03/24/04 03:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i've never heard ciggarettes called 'tabs' . 'squares' i hear all the time but never tabs. tabs sound like a pill or somethin

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlineshad0want
Homo periergus
    #2469107 - 03/24/04 10:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Ellemysh - Hee!  Good idea about Uno, especially since it seems that the vibes right before and during the comeup are what makes or breaks my trips.  Did it before waiting for X to hit, but never mushrooms.  Thanks for the idea :smile:

Particlezen - I get a dreadful body load almost every time it seems (maybe exception of last time, which involved a trip of under a gram and which did bring on that jello feeling, but I was able to ignore/work through it).  I've asked this question before but got pretty much the same advice: smoke pot (for me anyways, pot gives just as much if not more of a bodybuzz... nearly crippling sometimes) or try to ignore it (which, well... is not very easy).  I have found that trying to get as comfortable as you can and keeping warm (nice soft covers and even a heating pad) helps quite a bit until you feel you can actually trust your legs again.

--------------------
What? Surely, you did not take me seriously?!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience