Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Delayed instantaneous comeups?
    #4255628 - 06/04/05 01:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I've tripped half a dozen times. I'm used to eating my mushrooms and then feeling apparent effects within ten to twenty minutes with a slow steady rise to the peak after that.

Last Sunday I tripped during the day for the first time. I ate 2.0 grams of dried mushrooms. After 1 1/2 hours nothing had happened, so I sadly put away my notebook, pens, picture books & tripping music and decided to go to the grocery store with my partner.

Before we left the house I ate two pieces of chocolate cake and away we went. When we were waiting for the elevator I suddenly noticed that my partner looked like a big bug with the sunglasses he was wearing. Psychedelics have never made me laugh like people claim, but I was a huge grin from ear to ear on the three minute walk to the store.

About two minutes later my vision closed in twice in rapid succession along with this WAH WAH noise/feeling. Holy hell if I suddenly wasn't tripping face right in my local supermarket. The meat aisle made me so happy I thought I'd explode. The fact that I could hear every single conversation in the supermarket was offset by the fact that everyone there was as ugly as homemade sin. Shortly thereafter we paid for our purchases and I made my way home while watching the pavement turn every colour imaginable. After fighting off the urge to roll around in the grass in front of the apartment building, I went upstairs and had a solid 3 hour great trip.

1. I didn't know that mushrooms could take 1 1/2 hours to take effect?
2. Are nearly instantaneous comeups fairly common?
3. I always eat mushrooms with chocolate. This time I just ate them plain. Did eating the chocolate cake cause some kind of mental connection that allowed them to start working?

And yes, this was one of the first time that I had eaten a fairly heavy, significant meal a couple of hours before dosing. This may be the answer to my question. However, that shouldn't make the comeup any different?

Edited by Tranceport (06/04/05 01:18 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Delayed instantaneous comeups? [Re: Tranceport]
    #4255630 - 06/04/05 01:16 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I've had them take up 2-2.5 hours before I actually start to feel anything.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Delayed instantaneous comeups? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4255691 - 06/04/05 01:46 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, eating a fairly heavy meal is exactly what caused it. Your stomach is full of food that is being broken down, and being absorbed in the intestines. When all that room is still being taken up, by a recent meal, it can take many hours for the shrooms to be broken down and absorbed. One and a half hours should not even be a question, you absolutely tripped just like normal as you had eaten a large meal beforehand. Next time you should have a little more patience and not put down the mushroom as not working if it didn't within ten or twenty mintues. Sure, if you fasted they could come on that quick, but you ate a signifigant meal. And I am sure you will learn, there are many variables in the world of mushrooms.

2. The comeup can be very fast with mushrooms, so fast that it makes many people uncomfortable. Yes, it is very common to percieve your come up as nearly instantaneous. Very easy if you were occupied, like trying to go the store.
3. Chocolate is a mild MAOI, it could have possibly helped some, but in all of my experiments I have never noticed a for sure difference in a chocolate and non chocoloate trip.

To original poster.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Edited by mecreateme (06/04/05 03:05 PM)

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Re: Delayed instantaneous comeups? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4255701 - 06/04/05 01:50 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Nah I made sure my stomach was empty. They just took a really long to kick it.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Delayed instantaneous comeups? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4255726 - 06/04/05 01:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yep, this has happened to me twice now.  I always dose on an empty stomach.  (fasting for 4-6 hours)

Once when eating dried shrooms by chewing and swallowing, they took about 2 and 1/2 hours to really kick in.  I thought my trip was a bust, but then all of a sudden I was SLAMMED by sensation and lost within my head for the next six hours. 

The other time I had ingested capsules, which take much longer for me anyway.  But at the 3 hour mark, I still wasn't tripping.  Then, like a freight train, they came on fast and hard.  This trip was shorter (probably because I had tolerance) but for 2 hours it was one of the strongest experiences I've had. 

So yep...sometimes the mushrooms can surprise you.  :mushroom2:

I have noticed that physical activity will sometimes bring on a trip really fast.  The times where I went out and walked around right after I dosed I was tripping within 20-30 minutes.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Re: Delayed instantaneous comeups? [Re: MOTH]
    #4255734 - 06/04/05 01:58 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm, perhaps they came on faster because exercise will speed up metabolism?

I've never really put much thought into that before... interesting.

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: Delayed instantaneous comeups? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4255745 - 06/04/05 02:01 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
Yes, eating a fairly heavy meal is exactly what caused it. Your stomach is full of food that is being broken down, and being absorbed in the intestines. When all that room is still being taken up, by a recent meal, it can take many hours for the shrooms to be broken down and absorbed. One and a half hours should not even be a question, you absolutely tripped just like normal as you had eaten a large meal beforehand. Next time you should have a little more patience and not put down the mushroom as not working if it didn't within ten or twenty mintues. Sure, if you fasted they could come on that quick, but you ate a signifigant meal. And I am sure you will learn, there are many variables in the world of mushrooms.

2. The comeup can be very fast with mushrooms, so fast that it makes many people uncomfortable. Yes, it is very common to percieve your come up as nearly instantaneous. Very easy if you were occupied, like trying to go the store.
3. Chocolate is a mild MAOI, it could have possibly helped some, but in all of my experiments I have never noticed a for sure difference in a chocolate and non chocoloate trip.

Thank you for that clear answer. I appreciate your thoughts and experience to help me along in my psychedelic travels.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience