Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Yoko Ono?
    #2461131 -

quesion_for_joo brought up the whole Yoko "thing" earlier. I did a search and didn't find any other posts on it. So here we go. Does anybody have feelings on the woman? I've read one or two books on her and John, including that long Playboy interview which everyone should check out.
I've always had mixed feelings. First and foremost, I sympathize with her because of the way she's been demonized for breaking up the Beatles. Because I think that band would have broken up with or without her. And if they hadn't broken up in 1970, who knows what would have happened. They might be playing Vegas or making rounds on the state fair circuit. One of the reasons the Beatles were the greatest band in history is because they broke up when they were supposed to. Additionally - and this is certainly up for debate - I don't think the White Album would have been as monumental as it was without her influence.
So I think people should give her a break for all that. I also think she did some good for John. Before I continue, I should say that I think John Lennnon was one of the two or three best songwriters in the last hundred years. That being said, I think Yoko definitely enhanced his creativity. Compare what he did when he was with her in Engalnd and New York vs what he did on his own in California. And look at the shit Paul's been turning out for thirty years. It seems like she definitely helped in keeping him relevent. Double Fantasy is almost new wave.
On the other hand, I've got some issues with her. In addition to graduating from the Yves Klein School of Pretentious Nutcases, she picked up a nasty bit of arrogance somewhere. For all her Love and Happiness and Humility stuff, she seems like such a bitch. And I hate how every one of John's songs is credited to both of them. What a bunch of shit...
..
Anyway, more thoughts on this? On Yoko Ono?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoko Ono? [Re: Gijith]
    #2461166 -

When I was younger I searched a friends comp for his dads pr0n stash and it was loaded with naked yoko ono videos.

I died a thousand deaths that night.

Her art was complete crap. When she tried to make music her influence just fucked up lennon's work.

Have you heard that wretched harpy sing?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoko Ono? [Re: Gijith]
    #2461189 -

Her art sucks balls, but Jon must have seen somthing in her so I dont know. I dont like her but ive never met her.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoko Ono? [Re: Gijith]
    #2461325 -

Listen to "Scumbag" when she and John played with Frank Zappa, You will NEVER listen to her or think about her again......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoko Ono? [Re: Gijith]
    #2461374 -

I don?t know what I think of her.

It was John?s fault that she was in the studio. I know i?d be pissed at my band members if they tried to bring in their girlfriends into the studio as we were practicing or recording. And my guitarist?s girlfriend is my sister!




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoko Ono? [Re: JiggleThaHandle]
    #2461631 -

JiggleThaHandle said:
Listen to "Scumbag" when she and John played with Frank Zappa, You will NEVER listen to her or think about her again......



I haven't heard it yet, but i've downloaded/uploaded "Scumbag" for everyone. Let's check it out..........


Frank Zappa & John Lennon - "Scumbag"





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoko Ono? [Re: Learyfan]
    #2461859 -

That was absolutely horrible. I've never listened to Zappa before though, so was he the one causing it to suck so much, or was that Yoko?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoko Ono? [Re: Gijith]
    #2462189 -

I've heard one of her 'songs'. I would rather listen to two moose mating. In fact it would probably be more harmonious. And that reminds me;

Old Joke: What do Yoko Ono and Ethiopians have in common?
They both live off dead Beatles! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoko Ono? [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #2462240 -

MMerletto said:
That was absolutely horrible. I've never listened to Zappa before though, so was he the one causing it to suck so much, or was that Yoko?



I agree...
And I think it was no doubt Yoko who fucked it up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoko Ono? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2462867 -

It is at 2:34 in that it gets REAL ugly..
Horrid....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yoko Ono? [Re: Gijith]
    #2462994 -

I actually enjoy her art.. :shiftyeyes:
Im sure she gets more attention than she deserves though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Was Yoko Ono's song "AOS" about Owsley? LearyfanS 2,548 12 03/01/08 02:58 PM
by Learyfan
* yoko ono is a dumb cunt
( 1 2 all )
KingOftheThing 5,678 25 04/27/05 10:00 AM
by Roadkill
* Yoko in court to prevent rare Lennon footage go public deadHead321 1,670 12 04/24/08 03:21 PM
by bmiles
* Oh Yoko!
( 1 2 all )
Krishna 1,452 24 07/16/05 02:48 PM
by Icelander
* Yoko Ono's recent freestyle...art, or seizure into a microphone? NewbieS 744 6 08/31/10 08:11 AM
by SillyBilly
* Yoko Ono Screaming Song Live starstufft 624 5 09/24/10 03:31 PM
by Brugman
* Yoko has a message for you. gornyhuy 381 9 04/26/11 02:39 PM
by Kid_Orgo
* Am I a scumbag
( 1 2 3 all )
Buckthorn 3,827 56 02/27/11 05:45 PM
by nice1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,268 topic views. 2 members, 13 guests and 62 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.