Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Duolingo
    #21657314 -

Has anyone ever heard of this program? It's kind of like a free Rosetta stone. I learned a little bit of Spanish this way. I downloaded it on my phone and when I was bored at work I just started learning. Of course I live near Miami almost so a lot of people speak Spanish. I figure it would be useful.

It's my personally opinion people who speak more languages are more useful. Who here speaks more than one language?

Here is the link.


--------------------
Hey Shae, Are you still doing that hand thing? I heard you was doing that hand thing today. Oh God what is that?!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Duolingo [Re: JustForToday]
    #21657375 -

I speak sign language. Erhm.. I don't speak though...

I signal sign language? hahahah. Other than that, no. I have a deaf cousin, so I know enough sign language to communicate and shit, but I'm by no means fluent in sign language.

Is that even a thing? Are you fluent in sign language or it something else?


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Duolingo [Re: JustForToday]
    #21657408 -

Tu eres un perdidor, baby, porque no matate?

Just kidding.  I will check that out as I want to brush up en mi spanol graxias

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Duolingo [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #21657430 -

I shouldn't gave given up on Spanish after high school. I was pretty good at it though. I think the only way to actually learn a new language is to live in that country for an extended period of time


--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Duolingo [Re: Malcolm_Xtasy]
    #21657463 -

I hear it's best that way. My friend in the program said he went to live in a certain part of Mexico. Nobody there spoke English so he had to learn spanish.


--------------------
Hey Shae, Are you still doing that hand thing? I heard you was doing that hand thing today. Oh God what is that?!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Duolingo [Re: JustForToday]
    #21657481 -

i wish i had Duolingo while living in Mexico a few years ago. cool program and very efficient.

"el oso bebe cerveza."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Duolingo [Re: nannybooboo]
    #21657515 -

Duolingo is the app for language.

I'm learning german on it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Duolingo [Re: JustForToday]
    #24111839 -

Duo rules.  Im on a 100 day streak with russian.  It sure has grown over the last years.  Many languages, more incubating.  Love it.  Anyone else use this program?  Still free, supposedly always will be


--------------------
This was an experiment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Duolingo [Re: DoneKildatReason]
    #24111852 -

Esp, Eng, JP

One of the best decisions I ever made was to learn multiple languages.
Helps in life, it opens up new dimensions, allows you to make more friends and understand things differently and express the same things differently sometimes better...oh and it helps you make more money.

best jobs I have worked were gotten because of being multilingual .

living in a foreign country to learn the language via immersion helps immensely...because at that point you dont have a choice but to learn.

It helps with memory and you can date a broader range of women too. Living in mexico and japan and america and learning the deep culture beyond the stereotypes was a gift that I am glad to have all 3 countries have fantastic people, great times, perhaps the best in my life were when I was the foreigner and had to rely on people by communicating like a baby that could only speak with its hands, facial expressions, emotions, and a few words.

Edited by The Blind Ass (02/22/17 08:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Duolingo [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #24111916 -

I imagine that does help, living amongst native speakers etc.  I am trying to read The Idiot by Dostoevsky in the native Russian.  (Федор Достоевский - ИДИОТ) getting better..... Side-by-side reading with english to refer.. Listening to russian radio too.  What got me in to it was always thinking how cool it looks.... Then learning more has deepened appreciation..... Amazing stuff.  Also am dabbling in Irish..... Got pretty far in Portuguese too.... Portugués is easier than Russian by far ime....


--------------------
This was an experiment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Duolingo [Re: DoneKildatReason]
    #24111922 -

This is intriguing


--------------------

The picture to the far left is a reminder to our users to stay safe and healthy, that's my third open heart surgery due to over use of amps. Stay safe kiddos :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Duolingo [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #24111973 -

The Blind Ass said:
Esp, Eng, JP

One of the best decisions I ever made was to learn multiple languages.
Helps in life, it opens up new dimensions, allows you to make more friends and understand things differently and express the same things differently sometimes better...oh and it helps you make more money.

best jobs I have worked were gotten because of being multilingual .

living in a foreign country to learn the language via immersion helps immensely...because at that point you dont have a choice but to learn.

It helps with memory and you can date a broader range of women too. Living in mexico and japan and america and learning the deep culture beyond the stereotypes was a gift that I am glad to have all 3 countries have fantastic people, great times, perhaps the best in my life were when I was the foreigner and had to rely on people by communicating like a baby that could only speak with its hands, facial expressions, emotions, and a few words.



Wow that is impressive, what did you use to learn japanese? I have always wanted to learn.


--------------------
High as hell and low as heaven will go.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Duolingo [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #24111985 -

I lived in jp  as a novice monk, which with its very strict lifestyle and very intricate formalities and repetition - like chanting sutras in eng/jp multiple times a day at certain times for specific things like before eating, while eating, after eating, before meditation, after meditation, etc etc was suprisingly extremely conducive to learning quickly), then lived with distant relatives and friends for some time after that.
People mostly taught me through interaction and trial and error, also at the monastery their was a teacher once a week and some of the monks spoke multiple languages - infact most spoke at least 2, a good many knew 3 and some knew 4 or even 5, I was very impressed and everyday we had an hour and a half of free time after lunch and everyone helped me out like I was a brother.  I can't read or write well at all, but speaking and listening is fine, besides all that a good trick is reading children's books with a translation dictionary or watching animation with easy to discern words and a slow-medium tempo of speech and dialogue with easy themes and plots etc - with subtitles, learning the alphabet is a must - just be careful when trying to learn to write...there are multiple very alien like alphabets if your first language is English tongue:


--------------------
Give me Liberty caps or give me Death caps.

Edited by The Blind Ass (02/22/17 08:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Duolingo [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #24112188 -

The Blind Ass said:
I lived in jp  as a novice monk, which with its very strict lifestyle and very intricate formalities and repetition - like chanting sutras in eng/jp multiple times a day at certain times for specific things like before eating, while eating, after eating, before meditation, after meditation, etc etc was suprisingly extremely conducive to learning quickly), then lived with distant relatives and friends for some time after that.
People mostly taught me through interaction and trial and error, also at the monastery their was a teacher once a week and some of the monks spoke multiple languages - infact most spoke at least 2, a good many knew 3 and some knew 4 or even 5, I was very impressed and everyday we had an hour and a half of free time after lunch and everyone helped me out like I was a brother.  I can't read or write well at all, but speaking and listening is fine, besides all that a good trick is reading children's books with a translation dictionary or watching animation with easy to discern words and a slow-medium tempo of speech and dialogue with easy themes and plots etc - with subtitles, learning the alphabet is a must - just be careful when trying to learn to write...there are multiple very alien like alphabets if your first language is English tongue:



I am sooo jealous lol but seriously thank you for the tips for when i start to learn again. I started some basic stuff early highschool days from a book i bought but nothing since. I dont know a single person that knows japanese so i will have to use the books/apps alonf with the tips you just mentioned....im still jealous lol


--------------------
High as hell and low as heaven will go.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The PICTURE LANGUAGE known as "Mathematics" findoutnow 1,036 2 02/09/07 04:47 PM
by koppie
* Translating between alphabets MisterMuscaria 401 1 01/02/09 07:12 PM
by LeftBehind
* Need a foriegn language to graduate
( 1 2 all )
rodfarva 5,164 29 06/17/08 11:28 AM
by Neobean
* What language should I take?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,846 36 11/10/04 09:44 AM
by Gus
* △ Duolingo - Learn a Language Online for Free △ Playful Hate 703 17 08/15/12 12:07 PM
by Playful Hate
* duolingo xanderofpella 574 10 10/14/13 12:46 PM
by morrowasted
* How many languages do you speak?
( 1 2 all )
Near Dylan 603 34 03/28/18 08:50 AM
by JDizzogg
* Ya'll heard bout dem alphabet boys? Cracka_X 719 4 06/10/07 12:17 AM
by Silversoul

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
479 topic views. 4 members, 15 guests and 115 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.