Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Best Buckethead albums?
    #23809923 -

After looking up his discography which is insane (266 studio albums and he has been involved in 447 albums total :eek:) I decided to start collecting some.

So far I have:

Rise Of The Blue Lotus
Electric Tears
Oneiric Pool
Hold Me Forever

I am not looking for anything specific, it can be brutally heavy or some more mellow/ smooth stuff.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Buckethead albums? [Re: musiclover420]
    #23809950 -

If layout the best Buckethead album.

But this is hands down the best Buckethead song.

Bassnectar & Buckethead - Bursting



--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Buckethead albums? [Re: SARAtonin]
    #23810057 -

That link isn't working so I looked it up as I have been curious how the Bassnectar collaboration turned out. Not my cup of tea but interesting.
:strokebeard:

All I can find is that Buckethead "Co Produced" it though, still pretty cool they worked together.

Here is a cool live Buckethead show I found featuring That One Guy on his crazy custom instrument :lol:


Buckethead- Live at the Jewish Mother, 29APR06 Soundboard


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Buckethead albums? [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #23810080 -

Check out Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains :smile:

Also as far as his solo albums imo (I haven't listened for some years but I once listened to him tons) , The Cuckoo Clocks of Hell, Population Override, Bucketheadland 2, Bermuda Triangle, Electric Tears, Monsters and Robots, The Day of the Robot, Kalidoscalp and Giant Robot



--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Buckethead albums? [Re: twighead] * 2
    #23810134 -

I used to be legitimately addicted to Buckethead. One of his most underrated albums is Spinal Clock, an all-banjo album that he wrote from his hospital bed to pay his medical bills for a back problem. I got to give him a ninja turtle action figure at one of his shows. He shook my hand and gave me a tamagotchi. :lol: It was so cool.


Some of his other great albums are:

Electric Tears (very melodic)
Bucketheadland 2 (heavy metal experimental)
Captain Eo's Voyage (jazz influenced technical)
Colma (one of his most iconic, downtempo albums)

of course, anything he's done with Les Claypool is super awesome.

Buckethead comes off as weird at first, but then you understand the sort of magic he's doing with his performance art and you start wondering if he's human. How does one person play and record THIS MUCH guitar? His discography is larger than any I've ever heard of.

Also notable is that Buckethead is the tallest person I've ever seen. It's fucking mind blowing. I swear he must have some sort of crazy hormonal disorder or something. With the bucket , he's probably like 9 feet high.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Buckethead albums? [Re: twighead]
    #23810141 -

:thumbup: Will do, Claypool is a crazy dude! I will try and check out and or download that album list too, a few I was already meaning to check out :awesomenod:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Buckethead albums? [Re: WeAreMushroom]
    #23810159 -

WeAreMushroom said:
I used to be legitimately addicted to Buckethead. One of his most underrated albums is Spinal Clock, an all-banjo album that he wrote from his hospital bed to pay his medical bills for a back problem. I got to give him a ninja turtle action figure at one of his shows. He shook my hand and gave me a tamagotchi. :lol: It was so cool.


Some of his other great albums are:

Electric Tears (very melodic)
Bucketheadland 2 (heavy metal experimental)
Captain Eo's Voyage (jazz influenced technical)
Colma (one of his most iconic, downtempo albums)

of course, anything he's done with Les Claypool is super awesome.

Buckethead comes off as weird at first, but then you understand the sort of magic he's doing with his performance art and you start wondering if he's human. How does one person play and record THIS MUCH guitar? His discography is larger than any I've ever heard of.

Also notable is that Buckethead is the tallest person I've ever seen. It's fucking mind blowing. I swear he must have some sort of crazy hormonal disorder or something. With the bucket , he's probably like 9 feet high.



His hands are so fucking big hahaha.

I so wish I got one of the toys he was handing out when I saw him live, what a crazy magic being he is


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Buckethead albums? [Re: twighead]
    #23810160 -

Just look at his fucking thumb, what the FUCK

HES MADE OF WOOD



--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Buckethead albums? [Re: twighead]
    #23810308 -

Thanks for the recommendations :thumbup: Just downloaded a another 10-20 or so of his albums :awesomenod:

Need to make some space on my phone before adding them all though.

I also want to wire a killswitch into one of my guitars now :crazy2: Buckethead just makes it look so fun...
twighead said:
Just look at his fucking thumb, what the FUCK

HES MADE OF WOOD





:lolsy:

Apparently he is using "funk fingers" http://www.expandinghandsmusic.com/

So the thing is he slapping with may actually be made of wood :rofldrunk:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Buckethead albums? [Re: musiclover420]
    #23810323 -

A Real Diamond In the Rough,

Bucketheadland from 1993,

Crime Slunk Scene from the 2000s

Enter The Chicken ( fucking awesome collab with a lot of vocalists )

And check the live performance of Buckethead and Giant Robot from 2004. It's Buckethead, a bassist, and Brain ( popular from his work with Primus ) on drums.


Also, if you're into dark, ambient music, check out Deathcube K. I mean reeeeal dark and of course as ambient as it gets. Listening to that stuff is very disassociating.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Buckethead albums? [Re: Chakra Shock]
    #23810366 -

I am done downloading stuff for now but I will try and come back and get any new ones people posted later :thumbup:

Saw Crime Slunk and almost checked it out but I was going down a list. Enter the Chicken sounds cool too :cool:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Buckethead albums? [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #23810382 -

I like his pikes, which means he has like over 250 albums.

His pikes shred without mercy.


--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Buckethead albums? [Re: Lucis]
    #23810404 -

colma and population override

a lot of goods eere named.  too hi==gh to think f ithers.


--------------------
I fucking hate you... God damn, I love you...
But we both know if we stick together, we'll just tear ourselves apart
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey
You are my heroin, but there's an abscess... God damn, I miss the vein!

Edited by sanchothestoner (11/07/16 05:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Buckethead albums? [Re: sanchothestoner]
    #23810430 -

colma yeeee


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Name the last 5 albums you've listened to
( 1 2 all )
theorganicdomino 4,381 28 07/24/06 02:23 PM
by musicturkey
* buckethead?
( 1 2 all )
Nuggetpouch 2,950 20 03/08/08 03:03 AM
by DeathCompany
* Buckethead tour dates deryl 2,041 9 01/19/06 08:12 PM
by DeathCompany
* Albums that i just have to fucking hear?
( 1 2 all )
DistortedEyes 4,922 38 12/08/06 07:06 PM
by Hypercube
* Buckethead Posts Guitar Tribute to Michael Jackson colonelcack 291 2 07/12/09 11:54 AM
by gophar
* Buckethead
( 1 2 3 all )
hpi 2,915 42 03/07/09 04:38 AM
by JacquesCousteau
* Everybody loves Buckethead AsanteM 1,307 18 08/18/10 12:14 PM
by twighead
* Buckethead videos from Variety Playhouse: Atlanta ,GA deryl 1,332 5 04/04/06 10:04 PM
by blissedout

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,073 topic views. 5 members, 12 guests and 60 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.