Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Any other big Futurama fans? * 2
    #23800777 -

Been re watching all the episodes for the umpteenth time and they just get better with age, like a fine wine :awesomenod:

Futurama has a bit of everything and is such a great sci fi. I really hope they make at least 1 more movie eventually!

Just finally watched the Simpsons crossover which was decent, the Simpsons are pretty dull though IMO so I only enjoyed like half of it.

What are your favorite episodes? There are so many great ones to chose from!


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: musiclover420]
    #23800805 -

Futurama is a really good show, lots of very novel ideas. My biggest complaint thinking back is that there are quite a few episodes I consider flops.


--------------------
"That you are hereβ€”that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
:acidfire::tmckenna:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: The Mycologist]
    #23800812 -

The Mycologist said:
Futurama is a really good show, lots of very novel ideas. My biggest complaint thinking back is that there are quite a few episodes I consider flops.



Which episodes, any examples come to mind? I can appreciate pretty much every episode, they all are pretty solid IMO.

That said some are certainly more creative/ experimental/ artsy then others :shrug: I appreciate the feel good and "darker" episodes.

I really love a ton of the concepts throughout the show, I bet it has predicted some things that will come in the future as many great Sci Fi's have.
:strokebeard:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: musiclover420]
    #23800842 -

I love futurerama, the newer eps were like wutevers tho..


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: zZZz]
    #23800850 -

zZZz said:
I love futurerama, the newer eps were like wutevers tho..



I like some of the newer stuff but the best is definitely the older through middle stuff I would say.

I really hope they get a revival and keep up the amazing social commentary, been just one last movie could be rad.


"Futurama": Fry's Assessment of Los Angeles

Shitty quality but that was all I could find, that scene cracks me up every damn time :rofldrunk:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: musiclover420]
    #23800853 -

It was my favorite show, untill they cancelled it :sad: :wtfsonic:

I love all the HD episodes, so much detail on the big screen! :eek:

I like the Time-skipping episode and the basically any episode from the HD seasons. Especially the one where they travel to Kips home planet. so cool :grin: And the native martian one and when Fry gets infected with those worms was cool too.


--------------------
"A single lifetime in this density can accomplish a refinement of Will that might take far longer in a realm where the truth is always visible" - Zii, Confederation of Planets, GFL Station.

"You will then have national and global contact around 2026." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS (PDF Download) - 312 pages! | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:Canned Computer Duster SAB Tek πŸ‘¨β€πŸ”¬ | Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits | R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | πŸ’§ Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method πŸ’§ | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: musiclover420]
    #23800898 -

musiclover420 said:
The Mycologist said:
Futurama is a really good show, lots of very novel ideas. My biggest complaint thinking back is that there are quite a few episodes I consider flops.



Which episodes, any examples come to mind? I can appreciate pretty much every episode, they all are pretty solid IMO.

That said some are certainly more creative/ experimental/ artsy then others :shrug: I appreciate the feel good and "darker" episodes.

I really love a ton of the concepts throughout the show, I bet it has predicted some things that will come in the future as many great Sci Fi's have.
:strokebeard:




You know I can't really find what I'm thinking of. The good episodes overshadow the bad ones anyways. :mushroom2:


--------------------
"That you are hereβ€”that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
:acidfire::tmckenna:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #23800920 -

Not a big fan and I'm sure you all already know this, but that show has (7 ithink?) Alien languages that can all be translated back to english into a coherent sentence. Also they had some gibnerish in an episode that ended up being a legit scientific formula or equation that hadn't been made before.


--------------------
I'm addicted to coke, weed, booze, ludes and speed.
Not LSD, you can't get addicted to LSD, it was built by scientists.

I ain't got no demons that gonna get woke.


In erowid we trust.

Just take your damn pills and don't ask any questions, you'll be fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #23800931 -

LogicaL Chaos said:
It was my favorite show, untill they cancelled it :sad: :wtfsonic:

I love all the HD episodes, so much detail on the big screen! :eek:

I like the Time-skipping episode and the basically any episode from the HD seasons. Especially the one where they travel to Kips home planet. so cool :grin: And the native martian one and when Fry gets infected with those worms was cool too.



Yeah I feel you, all those HD episodes are absolutely gorgeous! The ones you named are all great :thumbup:

Here are a few of my favorites:

The one where Bender becomes then meets god.

Where they go searching for benders ass and go deep sea diving.

And the ep where bender gets overclocked and upgrades himself until he becomes one with the universe.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: musiclover420]
    #23800962 -

Oh yah, that God episode was definitely my favorite. totally forgot about that one!

That one was so philosophical, i researched it online to find the deeper meaning of the episode :lol:

I still remember what that galaxy said: "Do nothing, and they lose hope. Do too much, and they become too dependent on you. It takes a delicate touch".

I love that line. Really puts God into perspective.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #23801021 -

It was definitely one of the most philosophical ones! That line has a lot of truth in it I feel even though I don't believe in the traditional sense of god.

Except ancient traditions :lol: some of those are pretty damn spot on! Speaking of which I just came across something strange:

The retouched and eroded hieroglyphs in the Temple of Seti I which are said to represent modern vehicles – a helicopter, a submarine, and a zeppelin or plane.

:eek:

I am not sure I have seen those before, pretty damn strange.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: musiclover420]
    #23801035 -

And a giant bee bigger than all three that they rode into battle as well. Crazy times back then.

Edited by PatrickKn (11/04/16 04:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #23801041 -

PatrickKn said:
And a giant bee bigger than all three that they rode into battle as well. Crazy times back then.



:lolsy:

Its not like carvings have ever had to properly depict size :shrug: The weird bug still doesn't explain the considerable likeness to modern vehicles...


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: musiclover420]
    #23802474 -



My favourite moment in the show.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: musiclover420]
    #23802476 -

The animation is so well done. And everything bender says is hilarious. Defiantly an underated show.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: musiclover420]
    #23802691 -

I like Futurama a lot, but I've seen the episodes so many times that I kind of get sick of a lot of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: psi]
    #23802706 -

I always liked it. I watch the reruns with my kid it's pretty fun.  Can't watch the one with frys dog though.  Man they made that one too damn sad.  Also I like how they have the different titles at the beginning of each show and one said "don't worry not the episode with Frys dog" or something to that matter.  I thought that was pretty funny. Also tells ya they listen to their fans.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: DTCharlieB] * 2
    #23802769 -

I'm going to go make a better thread about futurama, with black jack and hookers :bigjoint:

My favorite characters are Bender and Roberto.. Hold up I'm going to practice my stabbing, hiyahhh, hiyahhh.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: SuperFly] * 1
    #23802877 -

I love how well groening ties together earlier episodes with later seasons.
Like the whole episode about the brains taking over and fry being the only
one who can stop them because of his missing brain wave; and they reveal why
he was brought to the future in the first place.

You can go back the the 1st episode and see hints of nibbler in the cryogenics lab. Just a really intricate show. I like the sentimental
episodes too. The one about fry's dog, the one about leela finding out who
her parents are, the last episode where they spend a lifetime frozen in time, etc.

One of my favorite shows for sure but i do think they have some
"swing and a miss" episodes. Although it doesn't take away from how much i
love the show


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any other big Futurama fans? [Re: natedawgnow]
    #23802933 -

I like the parallels between Fry and Marty McFly from the Back to the Future series.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Futurama: Bender's Big Score
( 1 2 all )
ivi 2,056 21 11/29/07 12:37 AM
by Wysefool
* Futurama (Sorry if this is old news) Magash 960 6 06/24/06 12:04 AM
by Snaggletooth
* Futurama...
( 1 2 all )
habitat0789 3,771 23 01/06/07 09:28 PM
by habitat0789
* Such a sad Futurama on...
( 1 2 all )
TheDudeAbides 2,987 36 11/06/05 08:24 PM
by kosmic_charlie
* Futurama
( 1 2 all )
SgtBob 2,280 25 08/18/05 01:35 PM
by Shroomism
* Anyone watch futurama last night?
( 1 2 all )
suave 2,979 25 08/22/07 11:29 PM
by Great Scott
* futurama! YAY! notapillow 2,641 19 12/07/03 11:24 PM
by notapillow
* Futurama appreciation thread. *DELETED* PJDIDDLE 692 16 11/04/07 12:08 PM
by Individual

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
583 topic views. 0 members, 42 guests and 88 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.