I have a great life. I am married, I have kids, I have a great job. Sounds great right? Here's the thing. I feel nothing for any of the great things in my life. People tell me all the time, they can tell I am committed to my job. People tell me that they wish that their marriage was like mine, etc.
The problem is, I have spiraled so far into depression I think. I feel no emotional connection to anybody/anything. I don't pay attention to my wife, I don't play with my kids, I hate my job, etc. I have done a lot of research and feel like I have been lied to my entire life. More accurately, we all have been lied to our entire life. Deep down, I know something is wrong with our world, the people that run it, the reasons we're here. I research all this stuff that proves that I am right, but I never get any answers. It's like all this stuff is happening for a reason, but I never figure out the reason. There are so many questions unanswered. Which, I get it, nobody knows. But it is effecting me adversely. I can't just ignore it and think, "well I'm here, might as well make the most of it".
Don't get me wrong. I'm not going to kill myself or anything. It's like ever since I woke up and started seeing the world and people for what they really are, I feel like there is no meaning of life. I feel like I have spotted so many lies with earth, history, science, geography, geology, astronomy, politics, life, etc., that there is no turning back. Even if I went and talked to a counselor, I don't think my mind set would change. Everything we have ever known is a LIE and it drives me insane. Why all the lies? Does anybody else feel like this? Is anybody else disconnected from their emotions, feel no empathy for people, question their existence, feel no meaning for life?
|