Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinefourHoDmt
overclock yourbrain

i dunked my casing and pins formed underwater! like, WTFdude
    #2362879 - 02/21/04 09:39 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

first grow ever. started with 3 smallish casings.  trashed 2 after first flush out of paranoia although they were probably ok.

the lone remaining casing was on flush 4 and 3/4 of the pins stalled out. the casing looked dry so i decided to dunk the casing by pouring water into its container. now remember that by flush 4 this casing has shrunk significantly and so there is 1/2-3/4" space between the casing and the side of the container. so i pour the water in, submerging most of the substrate layer, fan it, and ended up spending the night at a friend's place. when i came home the next day and went to fan it (this couldn't have been more than 16 hours later), pins had formed on the sides of the casing where the substrate was exposed, and were already 1/2"-3/4" long. they were also completely submerged in water! what i ended up doing to give the pins room to grow was i took the casing out of its container, poured the water out, flipped the container over, and then put the casing 'cake' on the top (bottom) of the container.  the pins grew normally and i harvested them.  so my question of course is "what the fuck?!?" :smile:

i'm tired as hell so forgive my spelling/etc errors.

and also this entire post refers to the cultivation of perfectly legal non-psychoactive fungi.  drugs are baaaaad fuhrer ashcroft SIEG HEIL

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: i dunked my casing and pins formed underwater! like, WTFdude [Re: fourHoDmt]
    #2362898 - 02/21/04 09:54 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

your answer is: good job... keep it up and quit questioning the mushroom.

OfflinefourHoDmt
overclock yourbrain

Re: i dunked my casing and pins formed underwater! like, WTFdude [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2362936 - 02/21/04 10:25 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

no questioning from me as long as they are growing. it just struck me as odd. didn't know that pins could form underwater.

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: i dunked my casing and pins formed underwater! like, WTFdude [Re: fourHoDmt]
    #2363202 - 02/21/04 12:11 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I had a myco bad once that was overly wet... about an inch of water in the bottom, generaly this is an open invitation for failure. Bag colonized to about 98% including under the water, it became very dense and almost solid, unlike most mycelia you'll see... The strain was PES Amazonian, I broke up the substrate and mixed it up good, most of the water was reabsorbed by the grain/mycelium... I never expected the mycelium to grow underwater until it happened...

I enjoy myco-abuse... I took the alternative road and decided contam farming is a good subject...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation