Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineinsano
Stranger
Please help! Avoid nausea?
    #2301434 - 02/04/04 03:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys.

I'm a big fan of shrooms, and would love the experience much more if I could skip the nausea I get almost everytime I take them. It isn't just gentle nausea that passes, it comes, intensifies, and I tend to find myself praying to the porcelain more often then not. After maybe an hour or so it calms down, but it's such a bad trip to feel that sick.

I am in desperate need of a method of consuming them that would be easier on the stomache. Any suggestions?! Please help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Please help! Avoid nausea? [Re: insano]
    #2301475 - 02/04/04 03:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've heard gravol can help theres some other stuff you can get from a health food store too but I forget right now whats it called

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2301591 - 02/04/04 03:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hi, I always take ginger capsules and papaya enzyme pills to help with any nausea. So far, its worked great! I take 2 ginger capsules and 2 papaya enzyme pills five minutes before I eat the mushies.

I hope this helps

truly,

ShadeGirl

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Please help! Avoid nausea? [Re: MOTH]
    #2301669 - 02/04/04 04:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Relaxing and listening to soft music is good for me.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Please help! Avoid nausea? [Re: SixCee]
    #2301703 - 02/04/04 04:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

^^ That really helps me too!

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2301730 - 02/04/04 04:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

avoid eating some hours before a trip

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlineinsano
Stranger
Re: Please help! Avoid nausea? [Re: gdman]
    #2302151 - 02/04/04 06:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks guys, i'll definately give the ginger/papaya caplets a try.

Any other advice?

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Please help! Avoid nausea? [Re: gdman]
    #2302295 - 02/04/04 07:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gdman420 said:
avoid eating some hours before a trip

this may work for some people, but the two times I've done this have resulted in bad nausea. I like to eat a normal, light diet the day of shrooming. I'm a vegan, that may have something to do with it. Also, smoking a little pot on the come-up does wonders for nausea, if you can handle a little weed. The one time I got sick enough to puke, it was awesome, because the actual regurgitation was trippy as hell, and the visuals were out of control. Plus, right after I threw up, the nausea was GONE. So if you get sick enough to throw up, just go ahead and do it.

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Please help! Avoid nausea? [Re: Noviseer]
    #2302725 - 02/04/04 09:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The not eating thing definitely does not apply to everyone. To the people it doesn't apply to, they usually get really harsh nausea. I eat really healthy, so I just eat something like toast before I trip. It's nice and easy to digest. And it just feels better to have something in your gut.

Gravol(Dimenhydrate) is awesome for nausea!! I used to get car sick as a kid, but I'd pop one of those and I'd feel awesome. They can make you feel a little sleepy, so maybe sip on some tea before/while you shroom.

And everyone's favorite remedy for nausea, marijuana! Smoke a small bowl before you shroom and you'll be feeling great. If you want a pure experience and don't smoke before you shroom, then try my first two suggestions. I hope that they help out. :smile:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2303824 - 02/05/04 05:12 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

do you ingest the whole mushroom (chewed up, powdered, in capsules?) or do a tea?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlineinsano
Stranger
Re: Please help! Avoid nausea? [Re: gnrm23]
    #2303872 - 02/05/04 06:07 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Last time, when I got really sick, I had chewed them up for about 30 seconds before I swallowed. I really can't stand the taste.

As for not eating, I found it terrible to have an empty stomache. I think i'll eat a halfway decent breakfast a few hours beforehand.

Anyway, I think i'll pop a gravol, pop the shrooms, then smoke a bowl next time. I've heard that grinding them up into a powder(the shrooms, that is) and drinking some OJ can get them down easy. Is there any length of time one must wait for the gravol to take effect?

Great advice though, i'll definately post again after i've tried these out. Thanks a lot guys!

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
    #2303952 - 02/05/04 07:34 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You should definately try to make an infusion. Simply cut the shrooms in small pieces. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Put the shrooms in and let boil for 8-10 minutes. Pour in a cup with a filter to only get the water. Put the shrooms back in the remaining water and let boil for another 8-10 minutes. Pour the remaining water in a second cup. The third cup of water should be evaporated by now so you'll end with 2 cups of psilocybin water. Use a tea or tisane bag for the taste and ingest .

Absolutely no nausea since you do not actually ingest the shrooms. You'll probably get a faster peak but a shorter trip in overall.

Give it a try.

.fs.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2304923 - 02/05/04 12:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I get some ginger root from the fruit market.  After I ingest some shrooms, I cut a small piece of the root off and gently chew and suck on it for the duration of my come up.  IMO, it really helps with any stomach discomfort.  And the best part of it is, when usually you get thoes nasty burps durning your trip... they don't have that nasty shroomy taste to them.  Instead you burp up a pleasent ginger taste.  :lol:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2305198 - 02/05/04 01:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

fresh ginger is soooo spicy-hot...
"candied" or "crystallized" ginger is still spicy-warm, but it is sweet enough to nibble on quite a bit... (tastes sort like "freeze-dried vernor's ginger ale" :wink: ...)
the powdered ginger from your spice rack (in capsules, or as tea) - well, OK...
~
other herbs can be used to calm queasy stomaches as well - cinnamon, chamomile, several others...
~
as for doing a tea, rather than consuming the mushroom solids...
well, as several foilks have pointed out elsewhere at the shroomery: one of the main alkaloids in mushrooms (psilocin) is not very water-soluble; so, depending on the ratio of psilocybin to psilocin, you could lose a fair amount by pitching the solids (the "marc") ater prepping tea...
it MAY be possible to get around the solubility problem by adding some fruit acid (vit C, lemon juice, even vinegar) to the tea (or even doing a soak in alcohol?)...
i prefer to do a straight water simmer, then a water & lemon juice simmer, then a water & cinnamon boil; combine all 3 rinses & combine & add some condensed apple juice to taste ---> voila, unka gnrm's psilly cider...
~
ymmv...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2305275 - 02/05/04 01:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yeah: try it in tea form... this way your stomache doesn't have to grind up nasty bits and chunks of shrooms

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

Re: Please help! Avoid nausea? [Re: gnrm23]
    #2306107 - 02/05/04 05:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've heard fennel tea works....I know my grandma uses it for stomach and she always used to give it to me when I was kid if I didn't feel well...it seemed to help but its possible it was placebo

Offlineshad0want
Homo periergus
    #2306993 - 02/05/04 09:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

To chime in with what many have said so far, ginger helps and so does papaya enzyme.  Pepto bismol is your dear dear friend too (caplets work decently well too, if you hate the liquit shit as much as I do).

I have the world's most fekked up stomach, so a) I hear ya about badness, and b) am always looking for strategies to counteract it.  The tea method is something I've read about before, which supposedly helps do away with the nausea.  No first-hand experience with it, but this will probably be the method tried next time. 
HOWEVER, it IS true that nausea and all around yuckness is GREATLY reduced the finer you grind your shrooms.  I remember reading on here that what causes the most trouble is, in fact,  the fibrousness of the fungus (which i can understand-- that is one tough morsel for poor little hominid stomachs to handle).  Get a small coffee grinder and pulverize those suckers.  It works pretty well.

Good luck :smile:

--------------------
What? Surely, you did not take me seriously?!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules