Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Fasting for health
    #2231896 - 01/09/04 06:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have vacation coming up in a couple of weeks and have been wanting to see if fasting is all it is cracked up to be. I plan on doing a 7-10 day fast. I have alot of of problems with my stomach (acid reflux), and a few other ailments which this is supposed to help.

Have any of you ever done it? I am trying to decide if I need all of those products like the Bentonite clay, enzymes and bacteria pills to replace those lost in the fasting process and the like. Should I do a juice fast, or water only? It kinda seems to me that these products are BS.

Do you buy into the supposed health benefits? I need advice please.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineskoomaguitarist
pathetique

Loc: superfailure
Re: Fasting for health [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2234391 - 01/11/04 05:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i did a fast some number of years ago to raise money for people who were starving. it was a 7 day fast, and the only thing that got me through it was will power, and a lot of juice. good luck to you with your fasting, and if you have any kind of specific questions, or need some kinda support while doing it, feel free to pm me.

later

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #2234397 - 01/11/04 05:08 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

have you checked with a doc?

acid reflux and a 7-10 day empty stomach doesn't sit right with me. you don't want to damage your stomach lining or esophagus.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Fasting for health [Re: Adden]
    #2234598 - 01/11/04 09:53 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

No, but I do plan on seeing him this week. I was kinda worried about that too, but right now I take Prilosec, which completely negates it as long as I take the pill everday.

I just want to relieve my dependance on it, plus the other problems I have.

I think I am going to do juice, as it is the reccomended way that you should do first. The juice will prevent your body from going into ketosis. Water is supposed to be much harder.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2234616 - 01/11/04 10:12 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Careful, the evidence is still a little sketchy, but it seems that controlled fasting can be beneficial in mice.

There are some people who advocate taking long fasts, but these have been shown to have adverse health effects. Keep in mind, there are still people who believe bloodletting or drinking their own urine have health benefits, and fasting has a new age spiritual appeal, so some of what you read is going to have to be taken with a heaping barrel of salt (ie. Anything from 'breatharians').

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale