Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Undeniable dilemma.
    #2215114 - 01/02/04 01:27 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have pretty bad anxiety problems. Actually, I wouldn't call it anxiety, but I have a tendency to zone out into my own thoughts all the time. I've found that taking small doses of codeine (in the 30mg area) evens me out for the day and I can "be normal" and laid back about life.

I've tried anti anxiety meds like Efexor, but found that they didn't really help, and the side effects were more than I could take.

Is relying on codeine for well-being really any worse than relying on a "legitimate" medicine like Efexor?

I've only been using codeine like this for a few days but already I'm dreading the thought of going back to my usual stressed out self.

Do I continue using codeine in this way (which I guess would effectively make me a junkie) or do I go back to being the way I was - intense, uneasy and paranoid?

Help.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Undeniable dilemma. [Re: Revelation]
    #2215182 - 01/02/04 02:25 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well, :smile:, i'm a totally junky about opiates, so i just under no circumstances use those drugs..

Xanax (alprozolam) is excellent for temperary alleviation from anxiety, but it too is also very addictive, for me at least. Doctors and hospitals prescribe xanax to a lot of people. There is also a immense black-market for the Xanax, and its addictive and somewhat dangerous.

Any doctor will probably tell you not to take the Codeine, for the simple reasons that it makes people junkies.

You should really go and talk to a doctor and discuss what options he has for you.

But, i can tell you that the Codeine will eventually make you dope-sick, to one degree or another.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: Undeniable dilemma. [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2216860 - 01/03/04 03:01 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Codeine is for pain. You need an anti-anxiety medicine, not a pain medicine. At this point you are merely substituting drugs. This is called self-medication and isn't a great idea. Good luck with it man.

If I can give any advice, go to the doc and ask for klonopin.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: Undeniable dilemma. [Re: Revelation]
    #2219092 - 01/04/04 07:30 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Doctors seem to be of the general consensus: "issues? you need more seratonin!" Which means they may well want to stick you on a SSRI. I'm taking Cipralex atm for anxiety, which it doesnt seem to have helped but i do feel the happiest I have in about 5 years now, which at least shows they work for depression.

I remember people on the shroomery going on about how bad SSRI's are and how doctors are reverting to MAOI's, not the case at all due to some pretty sketchy side effects if you eat the wrong foods.

I think cognitive therapy might be the way to go, looks like i'll be starting that in the next couple of weeks. plus you wont want to top yourself for the first month of treatment like with SSRI's.

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder