Well, I am in the healthcare field, and let me tell you...Doctors were young once too, and I would say that atleast some have personal experience with some recreational drugs. They are not these Godlike figures that are all super health crazy, although...some are....but not all. I would come clean, tell the Doctor;
While in the conversation about the transplant, say..."I am not sure if it would impact the outcome of my surgery, or cause further harm to my body, but in the past I have experimented with some recreational drug use. I am not addicted, nor dependant to anything, but I would like to get some further information pertaining to the upcoming procedure in correlation with my past drug use."
They well not think your an idiot, or dont care about your body...if anything they will think you care MORE about your health simply for being honest and asking them the question at hand.
Good Luck!
|