Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGranola
bag lady

Loc: 50.0N-6.0E
To Potect and Serve
    #2188971 - 12/18/03 11:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

What are your rights for police protection? when was the last time the police had 'protected' your life or property. Did you know they dont have to?

Paid Protection?

aparently it's just a slogan, kinda like "eat at joes"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: To Potect and Serve [Re: Granola]
    #2189336 - 12/19/03 03:21 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The police have extorted money from me, but never protected me. I once got in a hit and run accident (the other guy ran) and when I discovered who it was through my own investigation the police refused to follow up on it. Fuck them.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2189446 - 12/19/03 04:50 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Some cops have done some good things for me, AMERICAN cops even. A sheriff in smalltown USA drove me home drunk (I think) while I've seen cops do stupid things, like arresting my buddy for climbing a tree in a forest!!! Alot depends on the morals and attitude of the cop.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: To Potect and Serve [Re: pattern]
    #2189449 - 12/19/03 04:52 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Once a cop caught me and a friend smoking a bowl on the side of the road and he said " if your going to do that , don't sit in the open , go somewhere else." We said ok thanks.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: To Potect and Serve [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2190687 - 12/19/03 03:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I got caught with a friend smoking massive amounts of reefer in my old truck. The cop turned his flashlight on and the smoke was billowing out, you could see it in his light. He was somewhat stern but making pot references "Got the munchies yet", checked our ID's to maek sure we didn't have warrants, and suggested we go back up in teh woods to "do that". Good guy.

--------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2190717 - 12/19/03 04:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Granola said:
What are your rights for police protection? when was the last time the police had 'protected' your life or property. Did you know they dont have to?

Most cops don't stop crime from happening, per se. That is, they don't prevent an actual crime from happening. They might arrest a person who has commited multiple crimes before and by virtue of that one could say that the person won't commit more crimes (until they get paraoled to make room for people smoking grass...). The liklihood of a violent crime being interrupted and stopped by a policemen is very small. That is why I recommend that people purchase, learn to use, and obtain a permit for a handgun. You might think that putting the man who raped your wife in jail is a "good" thing, but it's a much better thing for the man who WOULD have raped your wife to be put in the ground.

OfflineGranola
bag lady

Loc: 50.0N-6.0E
Re: To Potect and Serve [Re: z@z.com]
    #2193280 - 12/20/03 06:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

z@z.com said:
The police have extorted money from me, but never protected me. I once got in a hit and run accident (the other guy ran) and when I discovered who it was through my own investigation the police refused to follow up on it. Fuck them.

this tends to be the norm for cops, I'm watching a couple of houses for afriend, assidting him in a move and doming alot of other things for him. In six weeks time there have been 3 breakins between the 2 places and livestock killed.

Police consensus- we'll take a report.

no investigation, nothing, livestock was killed withing a few heet of the home, childrens toys in the yard. Why no investigation.

with the breakin I presented them with a license plate and the name of the person that it belonged to, they didnt even record the number, now this guy is out 20k + loosing a portion of his income and the pigs could give a rats ass. I cant wait 'til he gets back. his family have been notorious for kicking government ass!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion