Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Hypnosis
    #21676224 -

Any of you guys ever been hypnotized or preformed hypnosis?

I dont know much about it but the concept has intrigued me all my life.

Love to learn how to preform it or be put under its spell sometime.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: Connoisseur]
    #21676232 -

Do dissociatives count?


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: Synthe]
    #21676255 -

I don't believe in that shit.


--------------------

Once you understand the way broadly, you see it in all things. -Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: Matt87]
    #21676270 -

Synthe said:
Do dissociatives count?



no

Matt87 said:
I don't believe in that shit.



its not a matter of believing its proven to exist scientifically

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: Connoisseur]
    #21676280 -

Nope. I guarantee I could not be "hypnotized".


--------------------

Once you understand the way broadly, you see it in all things. -Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: Matt87]
    #21676292 -

why do you think that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: Connoisseur]
    #21676329 -

Matt87 said:
Nope. I guarantee I could not be "hypnotized".



Connoisseur said:
why do you think that?



I have to agree with Matt here, in a sober mindset it is difficult to convince me of anything unbelievable, and versa vice, hypnotism seems unlikely to be possible. I suppose it could be possible with certain substances


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: Synthe]
    #21676335 -

so you dont believe science has proven it to exist?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: Connoisseur]
    #21677379 -

Connoisseur said:
so you dont believe science has proven it to exist?



Correct. Just like some phoney kung fu master could never knock me down with his chi or whatever,but his students would play along.
A weak minded or drugged person could become extra susceptible to suggestions while super relaxed though.


--------------------

Once you understand the way broadly, you see it in all things. -Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: Matt87]
    #21677618 -

Hypnotism is a game, that when two people are willing to agree it works,
will work to some degree.

I stayed at the house of "the World's Fastest Hypnotist"
and I picked his brain
Ultimately, in the end for me and my wife hypnotism did not work at all.
We saw the game and the mechanics behind it.
It also didn't help the guy was hidebound traditionalist,
homophobic, and definitely racist.
However, even if he was the nicest guy on earth (don't get me wrong, he was nice and paid for me and my wife's food the entire weekend)
I don't think hypnotism would have worked.


Basically AMA about hypnotism and I can tell you what he told me or
what went on.

But anyway, Hypnotism is basically two people agreeing to pretend and I don't play, dawgs.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Edited by Apollyphelion (05/14/15 04:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #21677802 -

yeah i went to a hypnotist once it worked fine.

I don't understand what you mean by "weak minded or drugged",  are you talking like hypnosis against someone's will?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #21677805 -

Two people agreeing to pretend. That is a solid explanation.


--------------------

Once you understand the way broadly, you see it in all things. -Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: teamkiller]
    #21677811 -

teamkiller said:
yeah i went to a hypnotist once it worked fine.

I don't understand what you mean by "weak minded or drugged",  are you talking like hypnosis against someone's will?



I suppose op should be clear on what he defines as hypnotism, but what comes to my mind when I hear the word is... bullshit


--------------------

Once you understand the way broadly, you see it in all things. -Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: Matt87]
    #21677817 -

I feel you have to want hypnosis to work in order for it to.

They do dental work by putting people under hypnosis with no pain meds and it seems to work...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: 2shoes]
    #21677837 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: teamkiller]
    #21677846 -

One thing the Master Hypnotist said to us was
"you can never hypnotize someone to do something they wouldn't while not under hypnosis"
That is really really telling of how it works to me.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: 2shoes]
    #21677881 -

newbie2shoes said:
I feel you have to want hypnosis to work in order for it to.

They do dental work by putting people under hypnosis with no pain meds and it seems to work...



Yeah but some people are just hardcore like that. My mom doesn't get pain meds, novacaine, or nitrous at the dentist, no matter what she's getting done.

Hypnotism is bullshit.


--------------------
"Freedom Isn't Free" is only half correct. True freedom doesn't exist in the society we exist in. What the saying really means is "The Illusion of Freedom Isn't Free"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: TopPmz]
    #21677902 -

I dont feel you can write it off as bullshit 100% haven't you ever heard of mind over matter?? Do you believe in meditation?

Edited by 2shoes (05/14/15 07:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: 2shoes]
    #21677905 -

Hypnosis is a state of human consciousness involving focused attention and reduced peripheral awareness characterized by an enhanced capacity for response to suggestion. Theories explaining what occurs during hypnosis fall into two groups. Altered state theories see hypnosis as an altered state of mind or trance, marked by a level of awareness different from the ordinary conscious state. In contrast, Non-state theories see hypnosis as a form of imaginative role-enactment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hypnosis [Re: Matt87]
    #21677997 -

Hypnosis has been used to perform surgery without anesthesia .


It's very real.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Do you believe in hypnotism? VoidOfsPg 1,455 18 11/03/05 11:50 PM
by TheDudeAbides
* Have you ever been hypnotized?
( 1 2 all )
Citizen X 421 21 10/13/18 04:39 PM
by Asante
* hypnosis+psychedelics book? LuSiD9 1,004 8 02/06/11 04:13 PM
by LuSiD9
* Hypnotism. Fake or real? Colours 633 13 06/27/15 05:03 PM
by flickedbic
* School Board Settles With Families of Students Who Died After Being Hypnotized by Principal musiclover420 1,414 17 10/08/15 08:05 AM
by Moonshoe
* Hypnosis, what do you think? Artnotwar 520 14 11/14/11 04:49 PM
by nice1
* Hypnotism psilyguy 367 5 01/22/09 04:55 PM
by Apollyphelion
* Hypnosis
( 1 2 all )
Free.Your.Mind 957 22 06/13/11 11:51 AM
by Locky

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,140 topic views. 5 members, 21 guests and 229 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 18 queries.