Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
is it wrong to think this?
    #21659592 -

I tried posting this on another forum, but it got closed because apparently it wasn't an appropriate topic for discussion. However, I need to know I'm not crazy and at least someone can see where I'm coming from, and I feel this is a more open minded community that will be a little more understanding and capable of having a civil, intelligent discussion. So here it goes.

Am l a bad person for truly believing mass genocide of 99% or more of the world's population wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing?

Honestly, 7 billion is just too many goddamn people. That many people are just never going to get along, and there just aren't enough resources for them all to live comfortably. In my ideal scenario, the population of the world would be reduced to maybe 100 million people. But even that sounds like a lot. Maybe 10 million. But these people would be carefully chosen to be the most open minded, selfless, intelligent individuals on the planet. I feel like if we could start over with that population size with our current technology, hopefully humanity would prosper.

I was just thinking this because in my contemp issues class I for some reason or another said I would advocate for genocide and some bleeding heart liberal feminazi got all "excuse me, what the fuck did you just say" on me and I didn't really realize I was being offensive.

Does it make it better that I would be more than willing to be one of the condemned for truly having hope in a better society? Or does that just make me crazy?


--------------------
"My only fear in death is reincarnation"
    -Tupac Shakur

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Ganga Lova] * 1
    #21659604 -

It doesn't make you a bad person. I don't agree with it. It's a solution to the problem.

But it's kind of like, if your alternator breaks down in your car, instead of fixing the alternator, you just blow up the whole car.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Ganga Lova] * 1
    #21659605 -

:thisisterrible:

sorry bro, its wrong to murder most of the people in the world so that the few who fit your "ideal" archetype can prosper.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #21659609 -

ballsalsa said:
:thisisterrible:

sorry bro, its wrong to murder most of the people in the world so that the few who fit your "ideal" archetype can prosper.



That's true.

Not to be a dick man, but you kinda sound like Hitler.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #21659613 -

there are ways to cope with overpopulation that don't involve mass murder.

Look it up.

Just quit having so many fucking kids and start distributing contraceptives to everybody and boom. gone

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21659626 -

Quote:
Not to be a dick man, but you kinda sound like Hitler.



:thefuckisthis:
I'm not sure what you mean by that.  I'm arguing against eugenics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21659630 -

Psychonautica said:
It doesn't make you a bad person. I don't agree with it. It's a solution to the problem.

But it's kind of like, if your alternator breaks down in your car, instead of fixing the alternator, you just blow up the whole car.



See that's the thing. You fix the alternator no problem. But does anyone TRULY believe we could EVER solve ALL of the world's problems? I think the only way the world will ever be a better place is to have some kind of 'reset' of sorts. If we could start over with our current knowledge of history and science, I think with the right people we could do it over and do it better.


--------------------
"My only fear in death is reincarnation"
    -Tupac Shakur

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21659636 -

Psychonautica said:
ballsalsa said:
:thisisterrible:

sorry bro, its wrong to murder most of the people in the world so that the few who fit your "ideal" archetype can prosper.



That's true.

Not to be a dick man, but you kinda sound like Hitler.




:ilold:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #21659692 -

Depopulation is referred to as sustainable development with agenda 21. I'm sure most people today hear of agenda 21 and think it's some sort of a conspiracy theory. It's a real agenda.

https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/index.php?page=view&nr=23&type=400

David Rockefeller sums it up with the basics.



--------------------
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out"               
                -Bill Hicks-

__

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Ganga Lova] * 1
    #21659702 -

Ganga Lova said:
I tried posting this on another forum, but it got closed because apparently it wasn't an appropriate topic for discussion. However, I need to know I'm not crazy and at least someone can see where I'm coming from, and I feel this is a more open minded community that will be a little more understanding and capable of having a civil, intelligent discussion. So here it goes.

Am l a bad person for truly believing mass genocide of 99% or more of the world's population wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing?

Honestly, 7 billion is just too many goddamn people. That many people are just never going to get along, and there just aren't enough resources for them all to live comfortably. In my ideal scenario, the population of the world would be reduced to maybe 100 million people. But even that sounds like a lot. Maybe 10 million. But these people would be carefully chosen to be the most open minded, selfless, intelligent individuals on the planet. I feel like if we could start over with that population size with our current technology, hopefully humanity would prosper.

I was just thinking this because in my contemp issues class I for some reason or another said I would advocate for genocide and some bleeding heart liberal feminazi got all "excuse me, what the fuck did you just say" on me and I didn't really realize I was being offensive.

Does it make it better that I would be more than willing to be one of the condemned for truly having hope in a better society? Or does that just make me crazy?



How about we just kill the greedy wealth hoarders and use their money to colonize space?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Ganga Lova]
    #21659762 -

There's plenty of land and resources for the people on earth. Global populations growth is evening off and some nations have begun to shrink. I don't mean to be a dick but educate yourself on the topic before proposing murdering billions of innocent people.



link: fastest_shrinking_countries

Edited by Nova (05/10/15 01:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Nova] * 1
    #21660037 -

i'd say the world is big enough. the problem is those 1% who hog it all. kill them instead..

it's easy to think we are over crowded when there are too many people living within one single place, i.e. cities, etc., etc..


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: zZZz]
    #21660041 -

Totally wrong,
because the world has LITERALLY never been a better place for all those who live in.
We are living in the most peaceful, most prosperous and most tolerant times.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Apollyphelion] * 1
    #21660048 -

Apollyphelion said:
Totally wrong,
because the world has LITERALLY never been a better place for all those who live in.
We are living in the most peaceful, most prosperous and most tolerant times.



As compared to pre tribal proto humans with no war, or intolerance?
Wat.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: zZZz]
    #21660050 -

zZZz said:
i'd say the world is big enough. the problem is those 1% who hog it all. kill them instead..

it's easy to think we are over crowded when there are too many people living within one single place, i.e. cities, etc., etc..



This.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #21660056 -

ballsalsa said:
Quote:
Not to be a dick man, but you kinda sound like Hitler.



:thefuckisthis:
I'm not sure what you mean by that.  I'm arguing against eugenics.



I was agreeing with you, and telling op he was like Hitler.

When I quoted you it auto replied to you. My bad.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21660057 -

Psychonautica said:
Apollyphelion said:
Totally wrong,
because the world has LITERALLY never been a better place for all those who live in.
We are living in the most peaceful, most prosperous and most tolerant times.



As compared to pre tribal proto humans with no war, or intolerance?
Wat.



In every way you can think of the world is better than before.
I don't know how people think the world sucks, it boggles my mind.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Apollyphelion] * 2
    #21660058 -

the world has never been more fucked up man.. we are the most selfish,waste full, war hungry, power driven we have ever been.  we are fucked.

mass genocide would never work though... technology has come so far that even with a reset button there will be lazy people consuming more shit.  the point of no return has already been hit


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #21660061 -

You gotta be trolling. Pre tribal human life was the most perfect human existence. All it was, was hunting, gathering, and fucking.

Explain to me how it's more peaceful now, when there's a war on terror, and a war on drugs on American soil alone, not mentioning all the wars all over the world.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: rackem]
    #21660062 -

Absolutely not, everyone is better off than before, especially in the western world. Afrika will eventually stabilize once a joint effort helps eradicate most diseases over there to install better economies.

We are far from the most selfish, with more ways to spread welfare and philanthropy than ever before. I do not want to live in a world without the ultra wealthy, for they can and have done amazing things.

When I hear posts like yours I think that kind of pessimism is the result of being spoiled by peace, technology and everything good in the world.

I would never time travel pre-pencillin and that wasnt too long ago.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is it wrong when....
( 1 2 3 4 all )
KristiMidocean 3,064 65 12/01/05 09:37 AM
by Cowgold
* what's wrong with people nowadays?
( 1 2 all )
dnL 3,219 25 04/11/05 05:25 PM
by Skunk420
* !!!!Rumsfeld cleared of wrong doing in Iraqi Prison scandle says SECERT REPORT!!!!! C20H25N3O 1,180 8 03/14/05 07:55 PM
by C20H25N3O
* What the fuck is wrong with the world?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Redstorm 3,822 64 11/07/06 09:59 PM
by BuddahKillah
* Is it wrong...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Silversoul 4,347 64 05/10/05 10:21 PM
by TheFakeSunRa
* there is nothing wrong with christianity...
( 1 2 all )
BrAiN 2,582 26 08/25/05 10:03 PM
by Skunk420
* Damnit! I live in the wrong state...
( 1 2 all )
beejay 1,728 20 02/23/05 06:04 PM
by beejay
* ok pubbers, i know i am in the wrong forum...
( 1 2 all )
hollandstulips 2,228 20 06/03/05 06:09 AM
by trendal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,519 topic views. 4 members, 86 guests and 289 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.