Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBlueTalon
Scared!
    #2157396 - 12/04/03 03:47 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

wsup.. this freaked me out....maybe you can tell me what happened?

Last night I went to bed around 11:00 then I felt really strange and woke up at around 3:00. I couldn't move and it felt like my blanket was trying to strangle me and suffocate me. I felt like something evil was pressing against my chest and entire body after awhile of concentration I fought off whatever was trying to kill me it felt like. Man I was terribly scared and didn't sleep after that... any idea on what this could be? It wasn't a dream. Maybe an evil spirit trying to possess me?!?! :-(

Late

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineummikko
sika joka eilenn? on pelkk?sika

Loc: Finland
Re: Scared! [Re: BlueTalon]
    #2157416 - 12/04/03 04:53 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It's called sleep paralysis. Its perfectly harmless and happens quite rarely. It is quite unpleasant though...

I've had it twice, last time was three years ago.

--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

OfflineBlueTalon
Re: Scared! [Re: ummikko]
    #2157427 - 12/04/03 05:04 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for telling me, I really thought it was a spirit trying to possess me/ harm me.

peace :smile:

Offlineummikko

#2157434 - 12/04/03 05:17 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

No prob. I was scared shitless when it happened, too. I was unable to move myself, even turn my head, and I could see these dark shapes moving in my apartment. I was alone and I thought they were burglars. I figured they hadn't seen me yet, and that they would kill me if they did. Brr. :ooo:

Sleep paralysis is a temporary malfunction of the system that prevents you from walking in your sleep. During normal REM sleep, a group of cells in the pons inhibit the motor neurons in the spinal cord, so the body's large muscles relax. In sleep paralysis you wake up, but the inhibition doesn't end immediately like it should.

--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#2157462 - 12/04/03 05:55 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

if you're into some of that freaky spiritual crap...

some people believe that it's an evil spirit sitting on your chest. the last time i've had sleep paralysis, i had a dream to go along with it...and it's the most frightning nightmare as well....i dreamt that i was possessed and i was in my room back home in california, people were around me praying and throwing holy water at me and i felt the life being sucked out of me....

the funny thing is when this happened i was sleeping over in a room at a friend's place in london where some old lady had killed herself and they found her body there...who knows...

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Scared! [Re: boO]
    #2158706 - 12/04/03 04:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Random fact:
Many people mistake sleep paralysis episodes as alien abductions.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #2158749 - 12/04/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have that exact same experience about 1 or 2X a year, and it IS scary as hell, sometimes to go along with the choking sensation(I think this was all identified as "night terrors" sometime in the 15th/16th century)I hear all these garbled voices(always male), they certainly SEEMED to be demonic in origion at the time. It's always an effort to break free and it takes every bit of will I can summon to pull myself out of that state, usually I'm on my back when it happens.....as far as it's ultimate meaning goes i really don't have a clue, but i know how horrible it can seem :frown:

Could i ask you if you were raised catholic? 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2158956 - 12/04/03 05:43 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you!! I have always wanted to know why this happend to me also, actually I dont know if it was real or a dream. It felt so real and I dont remember waking up from it. So im guessing it was real. I had thought I died when it happend to me. I couldnt move my body at all and it seemed like I tried screaming for help but I couldnt make any sound what so ever. That happend to me when I was like 13 so that scared the shit out of me.

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: Scared! [Re: Osker246]
    #2158985 - 12/04/03 05:52 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

yes that happened to me as well when i had that dream..i forgot to mention that i was screaming for help as well and nothing was coming out

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Scared! [Re: boO]
    #2159056 - 12/04/03 06:19 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

While sleeping, when I end up on my back, I oftentimes "swallow my tongue" and stop breathing. my dad wears a retainer to control this, I need to get one. Anyway, i get sleep paralysis often. I'm used to it now, but it used to scare the shit out of me. the first time it happened, I dreamed that I was locked in a treasure chest and coudln't get out. That was some scary shit. When my breathing stops, my dreams take a turn for the worst, and then I awaken, paralyzed. Its not as bad as it sounds really, its kind of convenient for remembering dreams.

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Scared! [Re: Noviseer]
    #2159284 - 12/04/03 07:33 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i hate it when ur just about to fall asleep and all of a suden that full body spazm shocks u out of ur rest
that used to happen to me at leased 3 times a week

--------------------

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: Scared! [Re: notapillow]
    #2159298 - 12/04/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I know what you mean notapillow. I've never had sleep paralysis but I've had what you're describing. Does it happen continuously or just once? With me, it happens continuously. It's like a cycle of getting sleepier, almost falling asleep and then I have a kind of spasm and I'm wide awake again. It happens over and over again. Luckily I don't have too many nights like that but I hate when it happens and I'm not sure what causes it exactly.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#2160273 - 12/05/03 01:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Funny you mention it, I had the same thing happen to me a few days ago. I suddenly woke up in the morning and thought my roomate had come in. I saw a dark figure move past me on my left and was a bit frightened at how fast it moved. I tried to look over my shoulder but I couldn't move any part of my body. Then I started getting more worried because I really thought there was somebody in the room and I couldn't move......then the whole thing wore off, I turned around and nobody was there.

Damnedest thing, and my first experience that I can recall.

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
Re: Scared! [Re: TheDude]
    #2160410 - 12/05/03 01:57 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Damn i wish i had never read this thread... i'm gonna be scared of getting this shit every time i fall asleep now
if i saw dark figures in a dark room and i couldn't move i would sooo shit myself. damn i'm such a pussy, i'm still scared to be in a dark silent room by myself

--------------------
Now go Home.

Invisiblefour20snakeman
Background Noise
Male

Loc: /\ /\ Right there /\ /\
Re: Scared! [Re: EvilEwok]
    #2160550 - 12/05/03 03:53 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i get those body spasms when i go to sleep sometimes. When first falling asleep i will have dream and for somereason i will either fall or get my foot caught and right at that split second i will shake. It is a very common thing. but that sleep paralisis i dont know about.

Offlineummikko

Re: Scared! [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #2160648 - 12/05/03 05:54 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FreakQlibrium said:
I think this was all identified as "night terrors" sometime in the 15th/16th century

A Night Terror is actually a different sleep abnormality. The term is still used.

"Night terrors are experiences of intense anxiety from which a person awakens screaming in terror. A night terror should be distinguished from a nightmare, which is simply an unpleasant dream. Night terrors occur during NREM sleep and are far more common in children than in adults."

And the body spasms are called
"Periodic Limb Movement Disorder"
:wink:

How many of you talk in your sleep?
To my knowledge I don't, but my girlfriend does. She often has lengthy discussions in a language I can't understand, and sometimes she yells at people. I sometimes wake her up and ask her who she was talking to, but she never remembers anything. The language she speaks has a kind of Cthulhu feel to it. I'm certain she's said "Shub-Niggurath" in her sleep once. She's never read any Lovecraft.  :oogle: 

--------------------

Offlinepapayafuzz
Loc: Funland
    #2160941 - 12/05/03 09:56 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I actually like those Sleep Paralysis episodes (up to a point). I usually get fake OBEs (out of body experience) if I continue the episode by not trying to move... first the body buzz intensifies... then my "soul" starts to kinda twist and float out of my physical body... I see my room kinda hazy and from a different angle whitch is freaky because I'm supposed to be in my bed eyes closed... but at that point it feels too weird for me to handle the situation and I turn my head to get out of there. And once I saw a hazy person walking towards me... I actually thought it was angry spirit of my mother... LoL... when it got too close I had to do the move thing to get out of the situation. I think the reason why I don't scare Sleep Paralysis is cos I'm most of the time been completely aware what is happening.. I have always just thought that this is some normal thing that everyone gets in every now and then. :smile: 

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #2161098 - 12/05/03 10:56 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ummikko said:
Quote:

FreakQlibrium said:
I think this was all identified as "night terrors" sometime in the 15th/16th century

A Night Terror is actually a different sleep abnormality. The term is still used.

"Night terrors are experiences of intense anxiety from which a person awakens screaming in terror. A night terror should be distinguished from a nightmare, which is simply an unpleasant dream. Night terrors occur during NREM sleep and are far more common in children than in adults."

And the body spasms are called
"Periodic Limb Movement Disorder"
:wink:

Thanks for your correction, perhaps you can elucidate something else for me here: Is a "myoclonic* jerk" the same as PLMD or something entirely different?

*any similarity to the term "colonics" is beyond my control :grin: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2161134 - 12/05/03 11:12 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Wow that sounds like a scary experience!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlineummikko

Re: Scared! [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #2161812 - 12/05/03 02:11 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FreakQlibrium said:
Is a "myoclonic* jerk" the same as PLMD or something entirely different?

The jerks in PLMD are myoclonic jerks. A myoclonic jerk is a short muscle spasm that can be limited to a part of the limb or it can be general. Myoclonic jerks can also occur in epilepsy or as a result of head trauma etc. Occasional MJ's during sleep, especially when falling asleep are common (I was wrong when I said the spasms were PLMD, I checked my textbook and I should be right this time :wink:). PLMD is a disorder where these jerks become frequent and persistent (like every 30 seconds for hours during sleep).

Quote:

*any similarity to the term "colonics" is beyond my control  :grin:

:lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom