Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heaven
    #2155172 - 12/03/03 12:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

..with him, how come I didn't go? How come you didn't go for that matter? Is there going to be a second chance? When is God coming back down here with us? I need to know these answers.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heaven [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2155180 - 12/03/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

1: You weren't lucky enough.
2: I didn't wanna.
3: No.
4: He's already here.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heaven [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #2155191 - 12/03/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think I should have gone, I miss some of those that left.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heaven [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2155212 - 12/03/03 12:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
..with him, how come I didn't go? How come you didn't go for that matter? Is there going to be a second chance? When is God coming back down here with us? I need to know these answers. 

You are, of course assuming he went to heaven. i knew right then and there(august 9th, 1995) to invest HEAVILY in Asbestos as a commodity and Acme fire extinguishers :grin: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heaven [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #2155222 - 12/03/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

4: He's already here.

He did a wonderful thing helping form the Grateful Dead, but now that the Greadful Dead have died, I feel all alone.

God isn't performing miracles at all the shows anymore, the grand production seems to be over. Enlightenment has left the building. Whippets don't lend themselves towards eternity anymore.

The train has already left!!! GODDAMNIT!!! What now?

--------------------

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #2155243 - 12/03/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Eat cookies?

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2155285 - 12/03/03 01:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

That's a very good idea for sure. Here are some other ideas I was entertaining:

-Learn chemistry and make my own LSD, start a band called the Grateful Return.

-Move to SanFran and start a cult consisting of those of us who felt left behind, complete with garden and farm, and free-love.

-Switch to punk rock and forget I ever heard of the Grateful Dead, try to ease the pain through denial.

-Try to get back in time by walking backwards and re-tracing my steps for 10 years.

-dedicate my life to nothing but prayer and meditation and ask God to renew the scene again.

-seek answers in the Pub.

I am thinking about other possible ideas as well, I will get to the bottom of this shit!

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2155376 - 12/03/03 01:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Jerry Garcia, what a guy,  :heartpump: 

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heaven [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2155381 - 12/03/03 01:39 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yep

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heaven [Re: gdman]
    #2155704 - 12/03/03 03:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, whaz up with that?  He forgot me too.....

:smile: 

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heav [Re: kindkesey]
    #2155903 - 12/03/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Someone start a really good new band .we'll take care of the LSD it can happen again  :loveeyes: 

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heav [Re: buckwheat]
    #2156012 - 12/03/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mindcandy said:
Someone start a really good new band .we'll take care of the LSD it can happen again  :loveeyes:   

An improv band will do nicely. Happenings with the right people, the right place, and the proper kool-aid. Its been done before and can be done again. Though the pioneers are gone, it does not mean the train has to stop. Someone needs to take the controls and push forward.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2156063 - 12/03/03 04:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You have been to 0 Grateful Dead shows.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heaven [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2156315 - 12/03/03 06:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Actually I saw them in Richmond, Va. and ,Philedelphia, Pa., and I saw Jerry Band at the Capital Center Largo, Md., and Mickey Hart planet Drums tour somewhere in Georgetown, D.C.

For what reason do you call me a liar?

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #2157568 - 12/04/03 07:44 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

hmm, maybe he beleives you weren't "there" man.
OTD killed jerry:(

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heaven [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2158784 - 12/04/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It's ok now. I felt his presence today, and something is in the works for humankind.

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
    #2161406 - 12/05/03 12:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

it's a new beging, the torch is in our hands, it's up to you , me, and all to keep it going.

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heaven [Re: peleg]
    #2162225 - 12/05/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It's up to heaven's grace too, we can't do it without it. Don't let this torch drop man, hold it till yer fingers bleed if need be. I will be along to pick it up. I am all of us. Join the celebration brothers and sisters!!! Take up a tamberine and dance!!

--------------------

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE Michigan
    #2162382 - 12/05/03 04:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I remember driving to Columbus to see The Dead this summer. While driving through the cloudy morning I seen a single ray of sun beaming down hard over the horizon. To me it was like a beacon from God. It was the brightest ray, as the clouds dissapated I could still see this single ray vividly and was driving towards it for 2 hours. Tears filled my eyes as I listened to Brokedown Palace and felt as if Jerry was pointing the way home. By the time I reached Columbus I knew I was in it, as I lost sight of the ray dealing with the traffic, but I could feel the warmth and love that it contained when I arrived in the venues parking lot. It was an incredible night for me and everyone that came.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: When Jerry Garcia died and took all those people to heaven [Re: Drummer]
    #2162426 - 12/05/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome! Never forget that what he started is an Unbroken Chain! So get out there, party, and dance and love life just the same!!! He isn't gone, just relocated for now...

I have so many fond memories.. I would love to see the scene in equal force again as before. It truly was (and is) an undescribably good time to be had for all!!!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]