Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepsychopsilocyber
[_381_] gnemo

Loc: glyphtown
Who else likes the movie pi? (golden ratio)
    #2143803 - 11/29/03 05:47 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

It seems like the more i learn in my trips, the more i see everything has something to do with the golden ratio. it's drawing me in, kind of like you're thinking about reading more, it could be bullshit, it could not be bullshit, (I'm trying to use my 1+2=3 but it's hard to fill in the blank sometimes, read on for the 1+2=3 thing (a+b=c i guess if you wanna go techniq))

is it me or is the golden ration the possibility of having possibilities? light sees light, light is light, light is the option of having light or dark, take that how you will, i'm the chicken and the egg.

the golden rule is do unto others as you would yourself, the golden rule is just begging for the appliance of the ratio, what with that name and all. Like an equal sign with variables on each side, there's probably some ratio in there too somehow.

The symbol for the golden ratio is in itself one of many explanations for the ratio (look at that, it's trying to understand itself, it's me, your trying too, we're the same thing - help me understand and I'll do the same, that's what I'm doing now, so tell me something I dont know), I havent completely understood yet(shit now i'm gonna drill my brain out) but the meaing of the symbol is in the symbol, the symbol is a circle with a line threw it. like the yin-yang(duality) but if the meaning of the symbol is the symbol and this symbol can be looked at in different ways, than the ratio means to look at things in different ways, or something. You can see it as yin-yang, you can see it as chess, as the other board game, or as life.

From what I understand the zero is representative of everything, the line threw it is made of everything, but now everything split itself, hence the line of separation, the line of change, the line of chaos.

Such great artists as leonardo davinchi(dont know how to spell it right now) used the ratio to make his paintings look more pleasing to the eye.

Also when the teacher died he left a note on a spiral which was on a board. I dont remember yet what was on the letter he wrote (memory is your ability to see options, accept it's easier to see because it happened) but the board game is supposed to be infinite possibilities.

So I had this trip and I was thinking of synchronicities and this golden ratio (mushrooms tea and later dmt) and then I made my eyes focus inward and put stress on my eyballs funny, kind of the way james redfield put it, adjust your eyes..anyway I did this and I imediately saw squars, thousands of them, 2 different color squares, white ish and black ish, the point was that they were 2 different colors(this duality) and my whole field of vision is filled with these boxes of 2 opposite colors. I only needed to see it for a second and I did, I filled in the blank and read the sentence and it said "each piece has its own moves, but which piece is on which square? the square is the possibilty of having more possibilities, and I was only seing squares"ish It made me think of chess, then I thought of when the teacher died and how he was talking about his game-board(not chess, dont remember) the game board represents infinite possibilities, no two are alike. But way earlier in the night I saw dots in my visual perspective, set up in a way not too different from the teachers game board. So then I though "my visual perspective is aware of infinite possibilities(hence the dots, like the board game) and once I realized it I saw dots, so if it is at all possible that these sinchronicities mean anything--well I dont know what piece goes on that square, but the square is there, and I havent decided wheather it's black or white. - I realized that my perspective is a manifestation of infinite possibilities, then I saw dots. I know my unconscious is trying to tell me something, we've already discussed it, now my memory has to wait for it to happen before I can remember it.

- it's this duality where once one is seen it mirrors the other, "I dont know who discovered water but it wasn't a fish" Marshal McKluhan(sp?)

every one has a two that equals three
three knows that it doesnt come into existence until someone imagines the possibility of 2, because without the 2, 1 cant = 3, 1+2=3

--------------------
Eco friendly extraction is the only way to go for Dmt, mescaline, and iboga

Edited by psychopsilocyber (12/01/03 02:47 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Who else likes the movie pi? (golden ratio) [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #2147359 - 11/30/03 06:51 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

I liked that movie. I didnt understand a lot about the math, but i thought a lot about psychology, and it made me somewhat interested in those things i try and percieve. If you look at a room in a certain light. and look at it through one eye, and carefully observe what your seeing, close that eye, open up the other one, and you will see that there is a tint to everything. one is red, and one is blue. I remember when i was on shrooms the last time, i walked up to a mirror, and everything was so fuzzy, so i tried to focus my eyes, but as i got closer, i saw this red and blue aura all around my face, and it merged as i got closer into my face... it was crazy! Our brains are much like decoder's, we get information, and we process it, math is just the translation for the events that happen, i dont really consider it math that is happening, i think thats just whats happening. Some architects also use the golden ratio to build their buildings, it is suppose to give that unification i guess. There is way too much information there for me to try and think about, i just try to experience it, and flow with some base guiding motives. Thats about it, heh

--------------------
What?

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Who else likes the movie pi? (golden ratio) [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2147406 - 11/30/03 07:07 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

I think the cinematography is great, but I'm no longer a fan of the philosophy within the movie (determinism).

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisiblemuhurgle
Turtles all theway down

Re: Who else likes the movie pi? (golden ratio) [Re: Sclorch]
    #2147443 - 11/30/03 07:19 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Nice film, great music. I always end up discussing the golden ratio with a friend of mine who's an architect when we're drunk. For the life of me, I can't remember anything that we talk about, but I'm sure it's very deep and profound :smile:

--------------------
"To make this mundane world sublime
Take half a gram of phanerothyme."

Aldous Huxley

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Who else likes the movie pi? (golden ratio) [Re: Sclorch]
    #2147453 - 11/30/03 07:24 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

i couldnt extract the philosophy from it, i know it was a lot about if this was this... then this and this... and it didnt really intrigue me. Like i said, what intrigued me most was also what you said, the cinematography, and just the experience that he went through, very twisted yet good to look at. That and requiem for a dream * :shake:* tend to have that element in both of them. 

--------------------
What?

Offlinetrippinlizard
gridwalker

Loc: in the shade of the mushr...
    #2147958 - 11/30/03 11:11 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

pi is 3.14...
phi<golden ratio> is 1.61803...
they both have really weird applications and show up in odd places, but i believe that the movie was based both on phi's strange characteristics and pi's ability to pop up in stock market trends.

--------------------
fine. do what you want, but i'm drinking the water.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Who else likes the movie pi? (golden ratio) [Re: trippinlizard]
    #2148128 - 12/01/03 12:41 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

he seemed to recognize or understand some pattern associated with spirals and the variances that occured when the fluctuations of the stock market occured. But his failing ability to graps his knowledge led to his destruction, or maybe it was something else, but thats what i seemed to gather. A very interesting look into the perspective of an invidual bombarded with so much information, and an over productive, yet closed mind. I see where sclorch can disagree with this, and to me that is very should i say "good" of him? Although im not one to put that sort of things into categories. I myself seemed to be faced with the question of whether things can be predicted and the unbelievably apparent reality that things just exist and seem to change all the time. Sometimes i wonder if people make games with eachother out of this crap. But its a question i alone cannot answer.

--------------------
What?

Offlinetrippinlizard
gridwalker

Loc: in the shade of the mushr...
    #2148308 - 12/01/03 02:16 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

lets game

me for destiny and you for an indeterminate future.

i propose tetris.

--------------------
fine. do what you want, but i'm drinking the water.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Who else likes the movie pi? (golden ratio) [Re: trippinlizard]
    #2149753 - 12/01/03 05:06 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

i prepose making blocks, with different colors, and attatch meaning to them, cause otherwise, i dont have a clue about anything.

--------------------
What?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology