Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: Patlal]
    #21121350 -

If there is a hell this pastor is going to it. Oh the irony.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: searching]
    #21121626 -

they should really just stop everything everyone has sex for fun now and it's healthy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: ModestMouse]
    #21121836 -

ModestMouse said:
:facepalm:
People prove every day to be ignorant.

But why do we need a group of members who chose to repeatedly beat this fact into our heads? 

There's no point of discussion here, it's just a thread created by and for sensationalism.



:whathesaid:


:beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse: :beatadeadhorse:


--------------------


And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: JesusIsLord] * 1
    #21121852 -

So you suggest we don't even talk about it? I don't even... :lol:

I'm sorry, but I'm going to talk about injustice whenever I see it, how else can we stop it, certenly not by ignoring it.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: SARAtonin]
    #21121935 -

SARAtonin said:
So you suggest we don't even talk about it? I don't even... :lol:

I'm sorry, but I'm going to talk about injustice whenever I see it, how else can we stop it, certenly not by ignoring it.



You didn't talk about it. You posted a link


--------------------


And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: mpd]
    #21122201 -

mpd said:
What would Jesus do? 




he would steal the preacher's car and drive it through the church in an
attempt to run the preacher down. jesus really knew how to party

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: SARAtonin]
    #21122217 -

SARAtonin said:
So you suggest we don't even talk about it? I don't even... :lol:

I'm sorry, but I'm going to talk about injustice whenever I see it, how else can we stop it, certenly not by ignoring it.



What happened is terrible, a disrespect to the deceased and to the survivors as well. But it is standard procedure for a lot of Christian churches.

I'll give you an example. A female friend of mine has been with the same man for around a decade and they have three children together, they are a family and committed to each other but never married. So she decided they might like to start to attend church as a family. The church they chose to attend was a calvinist church. All was well for a few weeks until they realized they were unmarried. They called them sinners and fornicators in front of the children and asked them to leave and not come back.

To a lot of these people they believe that by standing by and doing nothing when they see sin they are a party to its guilt. Their faith requires them to condemn sin where ever they see it. And to a lot of these people fornication, sodomy, or just being gay is a major sin and they see it as their duty to god to object to it. Thats just the way it is.

The family of the deceased should have known who they were dealing with when they made arraingements for the service. They should have never gone to someone who would be hostile to gay people to do services for a gay person. Its a bit like going to the kkk to do a memorial for a black man and then the kkk guys just finding out the guy was black when it was time to do the service. It just won't go over well. The minister's actions were despicable, but the family is just as culpable for what happened.


--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #21122249 -

:blah:


--------------------


And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: JesusIsLord] * 1
    #21122274 -

JesusIsLord said:
:blah:



:focv:


--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #21122277 -

Ellis Dee said:
SARAtonin said:
So you suggest we don't even talk about it? I don't even... :lol:

I'm sorry, but I'm going to talk about injustice whenever I see it, how else can we stop it, certenly not by ignoring it.



What happened is terrible, a disrespect to the deceased and to the survivors as well. But it is standard procedure for a lot of Christian churches.

I'll give you an example. A female friend of mine has been with the same man for around a decade and they have three children together, they are a family and committed to each other but never married. So she decided they might like to start to attend church as a family. The church they chose to attend was a calvinist church. All was well for a few weeks until they realized they were unmarried. They called them sinners and fornicators in front of the children and asked them to leave and not come back.

To a lot of these people they believe that by standing by and doing nothing when they see sin they are a party to its guilt. Their faith requires them to condemn sin where ever they see it. And to a lot of these people fornication, sodomy, or just being gay is a major sin and they see it as their duty to god to object to it. Thats just the way it is.

The family of the deceased should have known who they were dealing with when they made arraingements for the service. They should have never gone to someone who would be hostile to gay people to do services for a gay person. Its a bit like going to the kkk to do a memorial for a black man and then the kkk guys just finding out the guy was black when it was time to do the service. It just won't go over well. The minister's actions were despicable, but the family is just as culpable for what happened.



Where the fuck else are people supposed to have funerals?


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #21122282 -

Ellis Dee said:
To a lot of these people they believe that by standing by and doing nothing when they see sin they are a party to its guilt. Their faith requires them to condemn sin where ever they see it.




so their faith requires them to ignore the teachings of jesus
and commit a sin because they saw a sin, thankfully they'll
all burn in hell for being so judgMENTAL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: Sheekle]
    #21122300 -

Sheekle said:
Where the fuck else are people supposed to have funerals?




at the chapel of a funeral home

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: Sheekle]
    #21122308 -

Sheekle said:
Where the fuck else are people supposed to have funerals?



With people who aren't hostile to them. In the case of gay people Episcopal churches are very friendly. Or any funeral parlor. The OP is a sad example but it points out the importance of making careful arrangements. For example, not being catholic, it would be inappropriate to hold a funeral mass for me in a a catholic church. It seems simple enough.


--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #21122325 -

Haven't read the thread, but if it's as the title says I was more mature than these people when I was 5. What they did was just plain pathetic. IF you start someone's  funeral, you don't stop it just because you learned something unpleasant about them, you finish the funeral and then discuss the issue at a later date. The sheer magnitude of their closed mindedness is astounding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #21122333 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Ellis Dee said:
To a lot of these people they believe that by standing by and doing nothing when they see sin they are a party to its guilt. Their faith requires them to condemn sin where ever they see it.




so their faith requires them to ignore the teachings of jesus
and commit a sin because they saw a sin, thankfully they'll
all burn in hell for being so judgMENTAL



I once had a christian minister tell me, "I don't mean to be judgmental but if you don't believe Jesus died for your sins you are going to go to hell when you die."

I personally take the position that the only hells that exist are the ones made by the self. Whether here on earth or in the afterlife. There is a certain point in the astral plane, where everything you believe becomes your literal reality. A lot of christian people create their own fiery hells from their own beliefs. In seances I've assisted in rescuing a few such souls which we channeled, suffering burning people engulfed in fire. Once you can get them to understand it is their own belief that creates their fire, the flames stop, and the soul is liberated to move on.


--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: JesusIsLord]
    #21122458 -

JesusIsLord said:
SARAtonin said:
So you suggest we don't even talk about it? I don't even... :lol:

I'm sorry, but I'm going to talk about injustice whenever I see it, how else can we stop it, certenly not by ignoring it.



You didn't talk about it. You posted a link



I am relatively used to guys trying to give me shit for the stupidest things on the internet.
It's like that boy chasing girls around gradeschool playgrounds with a frog, ya, what ever, I get it.
But you two are simply being childish and stupid for no reason here, you need to find something better to do with your time.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: SARAtonin]
    #21122856 -

He was doing them a favor
he could probably look at their doll like disguise after seeing 50 failed marriages

he probably even went to church the next day

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: SARAtonin] * 1
    #21122870 -

Did you believe that any of us didn't already believe this was going on in the world?

People are jackasses, and there's plenty of religious mavericks. We get so many threads like this in the pub, "look at what this crazy idiot did!", "Racist cop shoots black man", "crazy religious cult kidnaps babies", etc. I'm not even picking on the OP, there's a few others who constantly post stuff like this which does nothing but make people feel shitty.

If I wanted to read a bunch of sensationalist news articles I'd subscribe to one of those shitty news regurgitation sites.

Thanks but no thanks.

** I know I'm overreacting, but I feel like I can't be the only one who gets sick of headlines of stupid people doing stupid shit **


--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Edited by ModestMouse (01/14/15 10:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: ModestMouse] * 1
    #21122925 -

ModestMouse said:
Did you believe that any of us didn't already believe this was going on in the world?

People are jackasses, and there's plenty of religious mavericks. We get so many threads like this in the pub, "look at what this crazy idiot did!", "Racist cop shoots black man", "crazy religious cult kidnaps babies", etc. I'm not even picking on the OP, there's a few others who constantly post stuff like this which does nothing but make people feel shitty.

If I wanted to read a bunch of sensationalist news articles I'd subscribe to one of those shitty news regurgitation sites.

Thanks but no thanks.



So you came here to discuss why this discussion isn't worth discussing? :lol: It's the same reason why the news has tons of horrible things in the headlines. We all hate how that is the case yet most of us still check out those horrible news stories.

I hope that didn't come off all negative sounding. I was just pointing it out.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Church abruptly ends woman's funeral upon learning she was gay. [Re: ModestMouse]
    #21122931 -

^^^Truth^^^

Also:
Simple solution MM, don't click.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Man or Woman? daba 802 6 11/06/03 01:58 AM
by mntlfngrs
* Learning Guitar
( 1 2 all )
ChopperDave 5,787 32 10/21/03 12:10 PM
by fireworks_god
* Funeral Songs
( 1 2 all )
WildCardsRevenge 2,875 27 01/18/10 05:00 AM
by Met
* Learning the native culture Spooge 710 1 05/24/04 11:55 AM
by filthysock
* rainy day woman gdman 961 11 04/08/04 05:47 PM
by Anonymous
* Seperation of Church and State NikolaiMcGreggor 1,143 10 03/29/04 08:39 PM
by TheShroomHermit
* Sexiest woman ever? Bar Marylin Monroe...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
mr_kite 51,931 143 05/27/05 06:52 AM
by Ravus
* The end of the world as we know it
( 1 2 3 all )
Senor_Doobie 7,120 46 11/02/02 03:08 PM
by Eightball

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,869 topic views. 1 members, 22 guests and 111 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.