Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Has anybody gone to photography school here?
    #20694582 -

Was it worth it for you? My thing is I want to learn the basics, be advanced, learn their marketing knowledge, etc., but unless I go to a short program, I might have to deal with the history of photography and other stuff that I don't know if it'll keep me motivated. It isn't that history in words and pics can be interesting, they could be fascinating, but I don't know if a school could keep me interested enough. I have a lot of ideas for photography and I want to get them to be the best they can be. Also, photography schools can be VERY expensive, and I don't know if financial aid could cover everything or enough.

Would you recommend picking a school with a high reputation and take a 12-week course, at least as a trial? Do you recommend me finding someone who is a professional photographer and working under his/her/their wing?

Any advice would be appreciated.


--------------------

Edited by SprewellSleeve (10/12/14 08:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Has anybody gone to photography school here? [Re: SprewellSleeve]
    #20698195 -

I took Photography in class and it ended up paying off HUGE. I would recommend it for my fellow brothers and sisters, most definitely. Once you learn aperture, shutter speed, and ISO it's all a breeze from there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Has anybody gone to photography school here? [Re: plektheplek] * 1
    #20698201 -

Also, my photography got me front-row to some of my favorite bands to photograph. So far I've done front-row photography for 311, Kottonmouth Kings, and Chevelle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Has anybody gone to photography school here? [Re: plektheplek]
    #20698367 -

Wow that's great, plek. Thanks for the responses. What school did you go to?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Has anybody gone to photography school here? [Re: SprewellSleeve]
    #20698374 -

I took Photography at CPCC. That course paid off more than any other class I've ever taken

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Has anybody gone to photography school here? [Re: plektheplek]
    #20698388 -

Maybe one day you can be as popular as :goatse:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Has anybody gone to photography school here? [Re: Konyap]
    #20698496 -

I had to take a B&W photography class for my degree, it was neat using a darkroom and learning the process.

That's all I have to add. :lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* anyone here a proffesional photographer? Hakim0777 668 11 09/10/09 02:23 PM
by gENERIX
* Are there any photographers/photoshoppers in here.. I need help indica 1,171 12 07/07/12 04:54 PM
by indica
* Time Traveler Captured In Museum Photograph
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
kanglow 7,999 81 04/18/10 02:16 PM
by akira_akuma
* Do people not respect photography?
( 1 2 all )
bbl337 2,299 34 10/20/10 05:26 PM
by Arden
* Calling All Photographers.....
( 1 2 3 all )
ZenClarity 2,123 44 02/28/10 12:44 PM
by ZenClarity
* photography?
( 1 2 3 all )
Legend 4,302 49 10/15/10 10:02 PM
by Legend
* Photography.. Where Is Life 1,073 11 02/22/18 07:02 AM
by Harbour
* Any pro/semi-pro photographers or videographers in here?
( 1 2 all )
kanglow 1,766 36 04/13/10 04:08 PM
by Prisoner#1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
361 topic views. 1 members, 14 guests and 255 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.