Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Stupid People
    #2002013 - 10/12/03 08:45 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Sometimes I just have to sit back and marvel at how stupid some people actually are. Now I'm as open-minded and liberal as they come, but a STUPID PERSON is a STUPID PERSON. And there's a lot of them about. I'm regularly astonished by the sheer number of stupid people in existance. Whatever happened to natural selection? Survival of the fittest? Surely this doesn't imply that stupid people are more likely to be fit?

They think they're smart. Hell, they're in some of the top jobs. They think their opinion is valid. Each to their own you know, but when something's stupid, it's STUPID. I'm all for free-thinking and all but if someone is plain wrong, shouldn't they be told? Why can't we just tell them they're plain wrong, and they're not smart enough to understand?

Now this can sound hypocritcal cos I'm saying I'm all for free-speech etc yet I'm wanting to silence people. But that's cos they're genuinely wrong. I know it's a crap example, but it illustrates my point easily. Look at homosexuality. What reasonable person would deny another human to do what comes naturally to them and causes no harm to anyone else? Yet we have the fucking church and pope denouncing it, all cos of one stupid little line in the bible. The bible's got an incredible amount of wisdom in it but it's got its glitches, but people can't admit it, they've got to take it all seriously, and even literally for fuck's sake. Don't they know what "parable" means? These stupid people are acting irrationally and offensively, completely at odds with the whole accepting, caring message at the centre of Christianity. Why? Because they're too bloody-minded, illogical and plain stupid to do otherwise.

But I've gone off on a tangent. The general fact is, stupid people are getting away with being stupid and there's nothing we can do about it, cos they've got power. They're powerful and stupid; a deadly combination.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm laying it on with a trowel, but I spent all day yesterday encountering stupid people and I've had enough. I'm a reasonable man but every so often I just need to release the rant...  :cool: 

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Stupid People [Re: mr_kite]
    #2002032 - 10/12/03 09:09 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Good rant! very nicely done..........

What was that joke about stupid people being made to wear signs on their backs?

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinethelox
Re: Stupid People [Re: Ripple]
    #2002066 - 10/12/03 09:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

check out my reply in the S&P forum.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Stupid People [Re: mr_kite]
    #2002170 - 10/12/03 11:20 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Double post ..see S & P forum

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub