Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #19608342 -

Go Blue!

What a game today, when they got down 11 early I was a bit worried. But they played very good basketball in the 2nd half and picked up a very impressive win

They wont be a favorite in the NCAA tourney but any team who doesnt fear playing them would be making a big mistake.. I just hope my ASU SunDevils dont get them

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #19608574 -

Beautiful 2nd half. Levert is sooooo improved from last season. And once again Stauskas balled out. 21 of his 25 in the second half.

He has zero fear.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: Nifflerz]
    #19611276 -

Really played great as a team. I cant say that anyone had a bad game. They did a really good job of not turning the ball over. That was the biggest difference in the game.

We just got to keep it rolling and we should have no problem winning the Big10 since we have 1 less loss than MSU and have beaten them twice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #19633004 -

3 more games

Home for Minnesota
at Illinois
Home for Indiana

Unless we have a melt down and lose 2 of the 3, we have clinched the Big10 regular season title

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #19633036 -

Dude KP did you catch the Purdue game? I thought it was an L fa sho. That GR3 buzzer beater was nuts.

But yeah they gotta take care of business at home. Minnesota isn't a gimmie, they better come to play tomorrow.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Edited by Nifflerz (03/01/14 01:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: Nifflerz]
    #19633048 -

Minnesota or Indiana, neither one are gimmes, but at least we get the 2 harder opponents are home where we play our best ball

And nah, the Purdue game was one of the few games I have missed this season. I was in the process of moving and have had a lot of chaos the past couple weeks, but everything is settled down now

I cant wait for March Madness. I am going to try and get to a couple games depending on where they are played. They usually have some games in Philadelphia so I plan on making a trip down there for those. Or maybe to Columbus if there are games there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #19633120 -

Final Four is in Dallas this year. I'm sure tix will be ridiculous but I'm thinking of possibly making the 4 hour drive north to go. Cowboy Stadium is huge so maybe the nosebleed tix won't be insanely over the top.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: Nifflerz]
    #19633132 -

That would be awesome to go the final 4 games, especially if our boys make it that far. I dont see it but anything is possible

I really wanted to see how good we could have been with McGary this season but at least majority of the team will be back. Hopefully Staukaus doesnt try to go pro. I see him being a late 1st round, early 2nd round pick currently

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #19633306 -

KillerPicklez said:
That would be awesome to go the final 4 games, especially if our boys make it that far. I dont see it but anything is possible

I really wanted to see how good we could have been with McGary this season but at least majority of the team will be back. Hopefully Staukaus doesnt try to go pro. I see him being a late 1st round, early 2nd round pick currently



Yeah I don't see it either. They're capable of a run...but they're also capable of getting bounced super early since they're such a perimeter team. Missing McGary is huge. He's the inside presence a team needs when the outside shots aren't falling.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: Nifflerz]
    #19633319 -

At least there's inconsistency throughout the country. This is a good year to have a team you think has the potential to get bounced early (if that makes sense).

At this point I see Duke or Kansas winning purely because of coaching.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: jewunit]
    #19633366 -

Yeah true. Seems to be really wide open this season.

Brackets are going to get ugly this year :lol:

What do you guys think of Wichita State? Undefeated, got to the final four last year, currently #2 in the country...but have they even played a ranked team this season? Must be a fun time to be a student there right now though (or alumni).


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: Nifflerz]
    #19633384 -

They beat SLU who was a top ten team at the time.

I think they'll make the Elite 8. I think people are dogging a little too hard on them. Like you said they did make the Final Four last year and their team isn't too different. I really doubt most of the hate they get comes from people who have even watched them play much. Basketball isn't like football, there's no need to resort to the "they haven't played anyone" argument because the season is way longer and you can get a good idea of a team's talent by watching them play even weak opponents.

I admittedly also haven't watched them play much, but what I have seen they do look like a good team. Do I think they would be 30-0 and a potential one seed if they played in a major conference (the Missouri Valley is really weak this year for a conference that is traditionally one of the better mid-majors)? No. I do think they would still probably be a top 10-15 team though and making a run at whatever conference title.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: jewunit]
    #19635580 -

I cant get sold on Witchita State, they just dont have quality wins. I think they will win a couple tourney games but I dont see them making a final 4. Then again I havent really seen them play at all. I am just basing it off their schedule

Michigan State lost to Illinois. That was a shocker.

Pretty much guarantees Michigan the #1 seed for the Big10 Tourney

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #19635623 -

Virginia just absolutely crushed Syracuse

I cant remember a season where there was no clear cut favorite team and really just a couple dozen teams that are all solid. It's going to be interesting to see how the brackets all shake out

Arizona is probably one of the favorites on paper but I have watched them play number of games and they have yet to impress me

The Big 10 is stacked. I see them getting at least 6 teams into the tourney and getting at least 3 into the elite 8

If I had to pick a team to win it all right now, I would have to pick Florida. But give Syracuse and and Kentucky good shots as well

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #19635812 -

Excellent 1st half of basketball vs. Minnesota

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #19636135 -

I don't think Cuse will make it past the Sweet 16 at this point, though it's definitely possible. Either way though they have ridiculously slum odds to win the tourney. No offense, a D that has a high potential of getting wrecked by good shooting, and a coach that has a bad resume for how many wins he has. When Boeheim won in 03 he had a lot to offer things going for him, and probably the biggest for tournament success was he could go to a great press into man D when he fell behind in tight situations. He hasn't ran man at all in like five years. I honestly don't think he'll win another title in his career and I don't even think he will ever be a legitimate threat to do so come tourney time in any given year unless he stops being so extreme in his coaching style.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: jewunit]
    #19642614 -

Wasn’t that with Melo?


Pretty sure i could win a title with Melo on my team.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: elax420]
    #19643105 -

Yeah, he won with Melo, and Melo was damn good, but he wasn't guaranteed title win good. He wasn't even a serious contender for the Naismith that year, although he was the obvious choice for the freshman award. But even then that was before the one and done rule so being the freshman of the year carried a little less weight in general.

While he was certainly the most important piece, there were lots of other pieces in place as well. GMac was a decent 2 (though not as clutch as he was in his next three years), McNeil as an outstanding anchor to the press which is honestly what got them through the tournament, Warrick as an athletic swing man, a few more experienced role players like Duany and Pace.

Of course you could point to any person on a title team and say without them they wouldn't have won the title. I guess I'm just saying that it's very possible you stick Melo on most other college teams that year and they still don't win.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: jewunit]
    #19647783 -

Tomorrow night Michigan has a chance to win their 1st solo Big10 championship since 1986

IMO, John Beilein should be a top candidate for coach of the year with what he has done at Michigan especially without having Mitch McGary all season, arguably the best player on the team

Their defense has gotten better and better all season which is surprising since they dont really have a post presence

I would have really loved to see them recruit a Center in this upcoming class which they have so far failed to do but they do have a pretty nasty SF by the name of Kameron Chatman coming in next season. He reminds me a lot of Glenn Robinson III the way he plays. If only we could get us 7 foot, pure center we would have a legit NCAA contender

The way Beilein has turned Michigan from a joke of a basketball program to a legit top 25 program over the past 3 seasons has been remarkable. Beilein has been the best Michigan coaching hire since Lloyd Carr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Go Blue Basketball [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #19648056 -

A deep run in this tourney would be amazing considering how things started out this year. 6-4 and McGary sidelined for the season.

But yeah Beilein has done an amazing job and the future is bright after many, MANY bleak years.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Michigan at Notre Dame Banez 1,066 17 09/16/06 05:40 PM
by Irishdrunk
* iowa at michigan Banez 564 5 10/22/06 05:47 PM
by Redstorm
* Dem Blue Jays Banez 971 7 04/16/06 02:11 PM
by Banez
* Son of a bitch.. THE KRAT BARON 1,036 8 05/24/07 02:02 AM
by SheerTerror
* NFL Week 1 Pick 'em
( 1 2 3 4 all )
LiquidSmoke 5,748 71 09/18/11 03:00 AM
by Oil Field Trash
* College Basketball Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 )
KillerPicklez 24,177 394 04/09/10 07:58 AM
by TrancedShroom
* College Football Pre-Season Coaches Rankings!
( 1 2 all )
Banez 3,686 25 08/09/06 10:43 PM
by Madtowntripper
* I L M's 2006 NFL draft first round predictions Pat Bateman, VP 4,063 18 04/16/06 08:50 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
5,185 topic views. 1 members, 5 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.047 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.