Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Radiohead/A Beautiful Mind synch weirdness
    #1909602 - 09/12/03 12:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

A couple of nights ago I tripped on San Pedro for the first time. Very nice experience. It was a full moon, and the sky was so bright that it seemed like daylight. I sat outside and just stared at the moon, thinking that I could feel the effects of it's gravity pulling me towards it. Anyway, I want to talk about this weird thing that I discovered. You've probably all heard of "Dark Side of the Oz", where if you play "dark side of the moon" and "wizard of oz" together they appear to "synch up". An example is that the heartbeat in "breathe" coincides with the moment where the girl puts her ear to the tin man's heart. Or something like that anyway. Well, I found out that if you play the albums "Kid A" and "Amnesiac" with "A Beautiful Mind" the same thing happens. They synch up. Don't ask me how I managed to end up watching a film and listening to a CD at the same time. I had a head full of mescaline, 'nuff said. Another thing is that in order for it to work you have to stop and start the CD a couple of times. I guess I just happened to do it at the right time by accident. Oh and to further my own experience of "mindfuck" at the time, I happened to be reading a website about strange synchronicitiess just as I was noticing what was happening. Weird eh?

Anyway, here are some of the weirder things that happen:

1. At the start when he notices that the reflection from the glass fits in with pattern on that other guy's tie, the song is "Everything in it's right place". Seems to fit.

2. When "Big Brother" is showing him the video of the russian nuclear arms program, the lyrics of idioteque seem to match up: ie. "Who's in a bunker? who's in a bunker?". "We're not scaremongering, This is really happening" etc.

3. When he is in the psychiatrists office and he is explaining to him that he is actually insane, the song "motion picture soundtrack" starts up and the lyrics "i think you're crazy, maybe" seem to fit.

4. When he chases that imaginary person through the forest, and then is confronted by the imaginary army people. At that exact moment the song "You And Whose Army?" starts up, with the lyrics "Come on, come on if you think you can drive me crazy".

5. When he realizes that the little girl is imaginary, and he is talking to the psychiatrist again, the song "I Might Be Wrong" seems to fit the scene.

6. There is a scene near the end where he is kind of listlessly riding his bike in a figure of 8. The song "Like Spinning Plates" starts up and seems to fit exactly.

These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There are LOADS of bits where both a scene and a song finish at the same time and parts where the pace and lyrics of the song seem to correspond exactly to what is happening on the screen. It's bizzare.

Try it out. If you like "darkside of the oz" then you'll probably find this really cool.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Radiohead/A Beautiful Mind synch weirdness [Re: Revelation]
    #1909612 - 09/12/03 12:40 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yah, here is how to set it up:

Load the 2 albums one after the other in a playlist in winamp (easiest). Kid A then Amnesiac. Then start "A Beautiful Mind", press play on winamp when the Dreamworks logo/animation starts.

You have to start/stop it at the following moments:

1. Stop winamp at the end of "Idioteque".

2. Press play again at the start of Chapter 13. Here:

3. Stop winamp when "Motion Picture Soundtrack" finishes.

4. Start it again at the beginning of Chapter 15

After that you can just let it play together.

--------------------

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Radiohead/A Beautiful Mind synch weirdness [Re: Revelation]
    #1909714 - 09/12/03 01:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah really cool watching movies without the sound on and playing music over top.. I remember when I used to live in sort of a commune thats all we used to do.. It's really wierd when they go right together and it doesn't happen all the time.. A group which is really good for doing that is Mogwai because there's almost no lyrics..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order