Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
NO LIMIT SET ON CANNABIS
    #1908652 - 09/12/03 05:33 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

New guidelines telling police officers how to deal with cannabis users do not include a maximum "personal use" limit, it has emerged.

The guidelines, issued by police chiefs, are a response to the reclassification of cannabis by Home Secretary David Blunkett.

A separate document stated that setting a limit for personal use would lead to dealers carrying an amount just under the limit.

It also mentioned the difficulties for officers estimating weights or quantities on the street.

But the latest guidance by the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) does set out when officers should arrest people using the drug.

ACPO says possession of cannabis would "ordinarily not be an arrestable offence".

Nonetheless it says there are instances when an arrest should be made such as when people smoke cannabis in public.

Those caught using the drug in front of children or creating a "fear of public disorder" should also be detained, say the guidelines.

Mr Blunkett decided to downgrade the drug from Class B to Class C to free police time in the war against Class A drugs, including heroin and crack.

The reclassification was welcomed by those campaigning for a more liberal attitude to cannabis use.

MSN.co.uk

:grin: :thumbup:

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSolitude
protector of theKitab Al-Alzif
Re: NO LIMIT SET ON CANNABIS [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1909844 - 09/12/03 04:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

lucky bastards, congratulations for getting free. while the U.S. becomes more contricted.

--------------------
More lucid now the dreams become in which the forest dark and cold await me to engulf my soul within the flames of eternal sleep.

"I await this day with no fear ,but the knowlege that that most rewarding and enlightening experiance of life is death." - Chinacat

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: NO LIMIT SET ON CANNABIS [Re: Solitude]
    #1913371 - 09/13/03 07:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Its good to see any place be sensible. The US will probably be last to change its laws. We made such a big deal about how horrible it was and pushed our views on the world. We have to be forced to change.

Kinda how when if a little kid thinks hes right about something and makes a big deal about it even if he realizes he's wrong he wont admit it w/o pressure.

ex:
I dont like carrots! I've tryed them before I know I dont like them blah blah blah.
Just try a little pieve and I'll leave you alone....
*takes a bite; tastes alright* Yuck! *spits it out*

Even if they like the taste they wont go back and eat it if anyone is watching.

I'm not hungry!
Please eat...
No!
Fine, Goodnight.

Five minutes later they sneek in to get food :tongue:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service